The Weapon X Project: In which a pirate becomes a mutant.

Wolverine

Good luck with the surgery and recovery.  Will you be doing rehab/physical therapy?  Or is this not warranted?  And don't feel bad about the holidays, you weren't the only one who ran amok:)

That's, Red!  No rehab/physical therapy, thankfully.  I'm going to have to stay away from any sort of core work for awhile, though, which is gonna be pretty damn limiting.

I found you.

I didn't know you changed your name until I read it in the gen chat.

You have always been a great source of motivation for me. 

I wish you the best with the up coming surgery and recovery.

Thanks, KW!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

So, my intro challenge week went well.  Got most of my goals 100% and tweaked around the home/work training routines so that I'm hitting everything that I want to hit.  Looking forward to getting this thing started!

The first OFFICIAL workout of the challenge:

Warmup

Hollow Hold + Side Plank + Planche Lean + Side Plank + Superman: 30 sec. each

Pistol Squat: 3R 3L / 3R 3L / 3R 3L

*It's nice to see these coming back so quickly.

Wall Handstand Push-ups on PB: 3 / 2 / 2 - head 4 in. below hands

Tuck Dragon Flag Negative: 5 / 5 / 5

*Got a new flat bench and this was my first time using it rather than a door.  Think I prefer the door.

KB Swing: 26 lb. x 30 / 30 / 30

*Need to get a heavier kettlebell.

Handstand: 2-4 sec. x 5

*Practiced for about 10 min. kicking up into a freestanding handstand.  Actually managed to hold 5 of them for the FIRST TIME EVER.  WOOT!

BarStarrz workout coming later this afternoon.  Also hitting the rock climbing gym tonight.  Busy day!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Hey man, I feel the pain with having health problems and struggling to stay active.  I've gone through it a few times now.  Just stay positive and motivated and it will all come around in the end! You seem to have everything planned out, crossing all the t' and dotting the i's.  I have no doubt you're gonna kill it! 

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

I'm prayin for you Logan... You're regenerative healing factor will do you well here.. If you need any motivation.. Any at all... Just pull out my blown up wolf-lean poster :)

Safe recoveries bro!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Hey man, I feel the pain with having health problems and struggling to stay active.  I've gone through it a few times now.  Just stay positive and motivated and it will all come around in the end! You seem to have everything planned out, crossing all the t' and dotting the i's.  I have no doubt you're gonna kill it! 

Thanks, EF!  I'm trying to be as prepared as I can be, and I'm ready to rock it.

I'm prayin for you Logan... You're regenerative healing factor will do you well here.. If you need any motivation.. Any at all... Just pull out my blown up wolf-lean poster :)

Safe recoveries bro!

Wolf

Thanks, Wolf.  Means a lot.  Your poster above my bed will keep me going. ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Hey Good Luck with your procedure!! I gotta say Wolverine has always been one of my favs... even before Hugh Jackman made him pretty.  He's just plain Bad A**!

Get after those goals :) you can do it!

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Suck.  That's where I'm at.  Managed 10 on the first set.  My holiday indulgences were not kind.

Someday I will suck enough to do 10 pullups!

I know, you're comparing to your own best, but you'll get back there. Holidays are just a blip in the very long journey. Keep going, you rock!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Hey Good Luck with your procedure!! I gotta say Wolverine has always been one of my favs... even before Hugh Jackman made him pretty.  He's just plain Bad A**!

Get after those goals :) you can do it!

Thanks, BWE.  Wolverine kicks ass AND has super healing powers.  Fitting, no?  Nice name mashup, btw. ;)

Someday I will suck enough to do 10 pullups!

I know, you're comparing to your own best, but you'll get back there. Holidays are just a blip in the very long journey. Keep going, you rock!

Ha.  Too true.  Thanks for the reminder (that it's blip on a long journey, not that I rock... :) )!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Updated first post with my first progress photo of 2013.  I'm hoping to be a lot better at taking/posting these.

Today's work routine:

Pull-ups: 1 x 10 sec. rest / 2 x 20 sec. rest / 3 x 30 sec. rest / 4 x 40 sec. rest / 5 x 50 sec. rest / Fail

*BarStarrz Day 2

Ring Dips: 5 / 5 / 5 / 5 / 5 / 5

*GTG throughout the day.

*Man these are harder than I thought they'd be.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

heh heh, I'm embarrassed to admit, but when i first saw your name & avatar I was thinking to myself, "Wolverine? I don't know a Wolverine." But I'm glad to see that underneath the mask is a friend! Here's rooting for you to keep the body moving after your Adamantium installation!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

heh heh, I'm embarrassed to admit, but when i first saw your name & avatar I was thinking to myself, "Wolverine? I don't know a Wolverine." But I'm glad to see that underneath the mask is a friend! Here's rooting for you to keep the body moving after your Adamantium installation!

Thanks, Red! I was hesitant to change my name, but really I felt I needed to harness those super healing powers. So Wolverine it is! Glad you found me. :)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

WEDNESDAY BW ROUTINE

• Foam Roll + Warm-up

• Hollow Hold + Reverse Plank + Side Plank + Planche Lean + Side Plank + Superman Hold: 30 sec. each

• V-sit on PB: 7 sec. / 9 sec. / 9 sec.
    *Legs are at a 30 degree angle or so. Really have to work at getting them higher.

• DB Shrimp Squat: 10 lb. x 5L 5R / 2L 2R / 2L 2R
    *Unlike pistol squats, my left leg is by far the weaker leg here. Totally crapped out on me.

• DB RDL: 60 lb. x 10 / 10 / 10
    *Time to increase the weight!

• V-up: 10 / 10 / 10
    *I had never done these before and holy crap are they hard. My form was horrible but I got 'em done. Need to work on smooth, controlled motions, and better form. Practice.

• Seated Pike Hold + Seated Straddle Hold: 10 sec. + 5 sec. / 14 sec. + 7 sec. / 11 sec. + 11 sec.
    *I had never done these before either. Flexibility and strength just isn't there yet. Will probably add these to the GTG work routine today.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Super impressive routine, hope your recovery goes well!

aisis, Level 2 Wood Elf AssassinSTR 3|DEX 5|STA 5|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

1st Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22206-prologue-and-exposition/

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25678-aisis-part-one-performance/#entry443199

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25680-aisiss-battle-log/#entry443214

"All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move."

V-Ups are great for core work--make sure you're holding at the top (I usually do a five count). Great to see you crushing it as always!!!

You are a sadist.  You and your evil pauses.

Super impressive routine, hope your recovery goes well!

Killing it as always. Good luck with the surgery!

Thanks!

WEDNESDAY WORK ROUTINE

• Pull-ups: 2 reg / 2 reg / 2 reg / 2 wide / 2 wide / 2 wide / 2 narrow / 2 narrow / 2 narrow

*BarStarrz Routine

*Increase to 3 reps next round

• Push-ups: 14 / 19 / 14 / 14 / 25 (max)

*100 Push-ups Routine

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines