The Weapon X Project: In which a pirate becomes a mutant.

Wolverine

• Box Jump: 10 / 10 / 15 to 16 in. bench

*FIrst time trying these.  Took more of a mental leap to get going than I thought it would.  Jumping was slow and easy.  Once I get comfortable I'll start increasing speed and numbers to something a little more respectable.

...or, once you get comfortable, add ankle weights... ;)

Finally got a chance to check out the BarStarrz link, and the program looks great (the dude in the first video is a beast). Definitely stoked to see how the program works for you. May have to steal it for a future challenge!

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Dude! Love the new profile pic ;) and loving your workouts! You'll be wolf-lean in no time!

You should get yourself on a katana and squeeze that into your workouts, lol. You know you want to! :)

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

What is a DB floor wiper?  Upper Body?

Are you starting to work down to HSPU's on PB's, toward full ROM?  That is very much on my to do list.  I think I'm due for a shakeup in a few weeks, first things first I wanna get my OAP's into the double digits (and perhaps try them plyometically?).  The dip itch is starting to get me again, figure that's a good time to start working my HSPU's down to on PB's.

One of these days I'm going to have to get around to testing my max pullups.  I really have no idea, could be as low as 13 or so, high as in the 20's.  Using a reverse pyramid, 10-9-8-7-6-5-5 (50 total) for time as my means of at least keeping up my numbers.  I don't work it enough though to see good progress though nowadays, but that general gist is what brought my chins from around 10 to somewhere in the 20's last spring, worked 3x a week.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

...or, once you get comfortable, add ankle weights... ;)

Finally got a chance to check out the BarStarrz link, and the program looks great (the dude in the first video is a beast). Definitely stoked to see how the program works for you. May have to steal it for a future challenge!

I was thinking weight vest. :)

Dude! Love the new profile pic ;) and loving your workouts! You'll be wolf-lean in no time!

You should get yourself on a katana and squeeze that into your workouts, lol. You know you want to! :)

Wolf

Ha!  I have a light saber that I could use as a stand in for awhile.  Wouldn't do me any good for actual self defense but I'd get bonus nerd points...

What is a DB floor wiper?  Upper Body?

Are you starting to work down to HSPU's on PB's, toward full ROM?  That is very much on my to do list.  I think I'm due for a shakeup in a few weeks, first things first I wanna get my OAP's into the double digits (and perhaps try them plyometically?).  The dip itch is starting to get me again, figure that's a good time to start working my HSPU's down to on PB's.

One of these days I'm going to have to get around to testing my max pullups.  I really have no idea, could be as low as 13 or so, high as in the 20's.  Using a reverse pyramid, 10-9-8-7-6-5-5 (50 total) for time as my means of at least keeping up my numbers.  I don't work it enough though to see good progress though nowadays, but that general gist is what brought my chins from around 10 to somewhere in the 20's last spring, worked 3x a week.

Like these but with dumbbells.  Upper body and core combo.  Too light of weight to get much out of it on the upper body though.

Yeah, I'm working the HSPUs down to full ROM.  Working at a measly 4 in. below my hands right now (as in, head hits pile o'books 4 in. lower than top of PBs).  I can do sets of 10 wall HSPUs on the floor now, but can only manage about 2 of these damn things on the PBs on a good day.  Thus, the adding of the shoulder press.  I'm not getting enough volume on the PB and I'm not getting enough work on the full ROM.  Gonna be a long haul, I think.  I want my bodyweight press, though, damnit.

OAPs were aggravating my elbow, but I'm rolling out my forearms now and that seems to be helping.  May have to break them out again.  Miss the weighted dips now that I'm doing the push-ups all the time.  Not super motivated on the push-ups so I think I might stop after I've got sets of 50.  Dunno.  Too many things I want to do, me thinks.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

You mean cheat day? Lol.

I don't believe in the word "cheat" but yes.  I get up to three exceptions per week (if I want to use 'em, I don't have to by any means), but I still have to stay under my average calories per day at the end of the week (so when I do take off a meal, I have to make up for it later either by fasting or going super low cal/carb).

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Thursday's Work Routine

• Pull-up: 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 with 90 sec. rest
    *BarStarrz Routine
    *Time to up the reps

Friday's Work Routine

• Pull-up: max reps x 5 sets with 60 sec. rest
    *BarStarrz Routine
    *Repeat hardest day
    *Did not count reps, sang "Waddaly Atcha" instead

• Push-up: 23 / 28 / 23 / 23 / 33 (max)
    *100 Push-ups Routine
    *Holy crap, finally starting to feel it

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Yes, but I'm doing actual food journaling and calorie tracking in addition to this.  So it's not really tracking for me, but a scheduled break from the strict confines of my diet.  If that makes sense?

Makes perfect sense to me.  I am no longer tracking my calories; and while the "freedom" feels good, I still second guess my self all the time.  You know because if it isn't typed into my phone it isn't real lol.

Push up routine seems pretty intense dood.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer
STR 27  DEX 18  STA 15  CON 14  WIS 14  CHA 12

Current Challenge

I was wondering how you managed to keep from counting. On my strength days, I've been trying to do 4x "quality reps" so that I don't stop too soon, or push too long because I'm trying hit a specific number of reps. I'm been debating whether to stop counting completely.

Thursday's Work Routine

• Pull-up: 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 with 90 sec. rest
    *BarStarrz Routine
    *Time to up the reps

Friday's Work Routine

• Pull-up: max reps x 5 sets with 60 sec. rest
    *BarStarrz Routine
    *Repeat hardest day
  • Push-up: 23 / 28 / 23 / 23 / 33 (max)
    *100 Push-ups Routine
    *Holy crap, finally starting to feel it

Wow, you're killing it bro! Love it! BTW, I got a chance to check out the barstarz link. It's very cool! I actually started implimenting the push-ups in the morning time and need to get back on my pull-ups. I guess I was kinda burnout after my 1300+ the last challenge, haha!

Way to go Wolverin!!!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Nice work:)

Thanks!

Makes perfect sense to me.  I am no longer tracking my calories; and while the "freedom" feels good, I still second guess my self all the time.  You know because if it isn't typed into my phone it isn't real lol.

Push up routine seems pretty intense dood.

This was the first round that the push-ups have felt REALLY tough.  I'm dreading this week. :)

I was wondering how you managed to keep from counting. On my strength days, I've been trying to do 4x "quality reps" so that I don't stop too soon, or push too long because I'm trying hit a specific number of reps. I'm been debating whether to stop counting completely.

I like numbers too much to stop counting all together (at least that's what I tell myself... it may be a crutch of sorts), but for my rep based stuff where I'm scheduled to "max" not counting definitely helps.  I also sing to myself during my static holds.  I video tape them so that I can go back and look at the runtime for actual hold times.

Wow, you're killing it bro! Love it! BTW, I got a chance to check out the barstarz link. It's very cool! I actually started implimenting the push-ups in the morning time and need to get back on my pull-ups. I guess I was kinda burnout after my 1300+ the last challenge, haha!

Way to go Wolverin!!!

Wolf

Thank you, sir!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

SATURDAY'S BW ROUTINE

• Warmup

• Hollow Hold + Reverse Plank + Side Plank + Planche Lean + Side Plank + Superman Hold: 35 sec. each

• Crow to Half Crow: 10 min. practice

• Back Lever on Rings: 10 min. practice
    *Back is very arched, not flat at all.  Going to have to really work on form on these.  Need to figure out what good form "feels" like.

• Weighted Triceps Dip: 20 lb. x 6 / 6 / 6
    *Up the weight!

• Wall Sit: 30 sec. / 30 sec. / 30 sec.

• Glute-Hamstring Hold: 20 sec. / 20 sec. / 20 sec.
    *Turns out I can use my new dumbbells to hold my feet when I do glute-hamstring raises and holds.  Good stuff.

​

MONDAY'S BW ROUTINE

• Warmup

• Hollow Hold + Reverse Plank + Side Plank + Planche Lean + Side Plank + Superman Hold: 40 sec. each

• Wall Headstand Push-up on PB: 4 in. x 1 / 5.5 in. x 1 / Full ROM x Fail / 7 in. x 1
    *Was feeling confident and tried the full ROM. Decent was nice and controlled but got stuck at about the halfway point on the way up again.  Now at least I know where my sticking point is.

• Weighted Pistol Squat: 10 lb. x 5RL / 4RL / 4RL

• One Arm DB Row: 30 lb. x 5LR / 40 lb. x 5LR / 5LR

• DB Romanian Deadlift: 60 lb. x 5 / 80 lb. x 5 / 5

• Full Bridge: 20 sec. / 20 sec. / 20 sec.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

THE WEAPON X PROJECT: WEEK 2 OF 6

Despite some personal life craziness, this week went really well and I turned in a pretty solid performance.  The bodyweight is going down, the reps are going up, and my gums are happy from all the attention.

Goal 1: Get strong - Complete my BW routine 3x per week, my work routine 5x per week, and run 1x per week

I completed all three BW routines.  I completed all five work routines.  I did not run.  That means I'm 0/2 on my running goal.  We lost one of our babysitters for the boy (why I had to reschedule my surgery) and this has meant a lot of shuffling around of schedules and my normal routine has been upset.  Since the ultimate "goal behind the goal" was to strengthen my heart and get my cardiovascular endurance up, I may sub in an Insanity cardio workout for the running since I can do the videos at home while my son naps.

Goal 2: Get lean - Track all food at MyFitnessPal.com and stay under 1800 calories per day on average

I tracked all of my food at MyFitnessPal.com.  I averaged 1722 calories per day.

Goal 3: Get healthy - Eat Primal with three or less "exceptions"

I used all three exceptions this week but stayed on course the rest of the time.

Goal 4: Establish good habits - Floss 1x per day, drink 64 fl. oz. of water per day, and shave at least 1x per week.

I flossed every day.  I drank at least 64 fl. oz. of water every day.  I not only shaved twice this week but I did some manscaping too (bonus points from the wife!).

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I not only shaved twice this week but I did some manscaping too (bonus points from the wife!).

Happy wife, happy life. =D Lmao  Good work on week two, and good luck making it to the halfway point.  You, Wolverine, inspire me to be more of a baws. (Yes, it's spelled b-a-w-s.)

Halfling; Samurai Assassin, Level 2

Challenge Number Three: Reboot

"Runners see the city in a different way. We see the flow... The flow is what keeps us running, keeps us alive."

ZOMBIES!!

You should check out using RPE grades for sets and autoregulated workouts.  The myosynthesis blog and RTS (reactive training system) site should be a good starting point.  Once you start to develop a feel for it, it can really change how you view workouts, as goals change from hitting sets and reps to hitting sets to certain RPE's a number of times.  It helps to keep the light days light, which makes the heavy days heavy and it can make volume days crazy.  It has been said many times that you can't truly have a heavy workout until you master the light workout.  Since RPE's are subjective, it begins to make workouts really intuitive.  You can take it quite far, each day starting with almost no plan, letting the workout guide you.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

I'm fading on the BarStarrz Pull-up program.  I'm measuring progress in an added rep here or there and I feel like I was adding a lot more strength when I was training the pull-up like any other lift (heavy, 3 x 5).  Also, I'm bored, which is almost worse.  Requires further thought.

Took my measurements yesterday.  Down 7 lb. and gained about 0.5 in. to the chest.  Even with a slightly different measurement spot, that's a pretty big difference.  At the very least it demonstrates a positive trend.

MONDAY'S WORK ROUTINE

• Pull-ups: max reps x 5 sets with 90 sec. rest
    *BarStarrz Program
    *Did not count reps

• Push-ups: 28 croc / 35 spider / 25 croc / 22 spider / 35 croc
    *100 Push-ups Program modified for the unofficial assassin's challenge

Most fun I've had with push-ups in awhile, which makes me think that it's time to rethink what I'm doing.  I'm a big proponent in doing things you love and not wasting time doing things you think you should.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I know right! I think it's fun to try new and unusual exercises, that's why I try to add them as much as possible during the mini-challenges. Happy you enjoy being a crocodile! And a spider! A spiderdile? :D

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Another awesome week!

If the goal is strengthening cardio, it's hard to beat Insanity. I saw (and continue to see) serious rapid improvement throughout, as well as some bonus toning in the process. Been previewing the Asylum workouts with an eye towards doing at least one 60-day rotation sometime soon.

Current Challenge

I know right! I think it's fun to try new and unusual exercises, that's why I try to add them as much as possible during the mini-challenges. Happy you enjoy being a crocodile! And a spider! A spiderdile? :D

Crocospider.  Love 'em.  Adding them to my regular rotation, methinks!

Another awesome week!

If the goal is strengthening cardio, it's hard to beat Insanity. I saw (and continue to see) serious rapid improvement throughout, as well as some bonus toning in the process. Been previewing the Asylum workouts with an eye towards doing at least one 60-day rotation sometime soon.

The goal is cardio.  It's gonna be hard finding the motivation to sweat with Shaun T. at 5:30 in the morning, though.  Some might even call it... wait for it... INSANITY. *rim shot*  I don't know how you've been doing it for so long.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

The goal is cardio.  It's gonna be hard finding the motivation to sweat with Shaun T. at 5:30 in the morning, though.  Some might even call it... wait for it... INSANITY. *rim shot*  I don't know how you've been doing it for so long.

What time zone are you in? We can motivate each other with the knowledge that the other one's doing it, so I might as well be. ;)

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines