Ranger Chat

nightlight

Sorry, one more question before I hit up book 3 of The Seven Relms series before bed. (Chima's no Tolkien, Goodkind, Sanderson or Butcher but she's good!)

Accountabilibuddy groups. A few are full, a couple are not. What's the protocol for them? Do you just jump on one, start one, get invited...me no understand! Thanks! Night night folks!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Sorry, one more question before I hit up book 3 of The Seven Relms series before bed. (Chima's no Tolkien, Goodkind, Sanderson or Butcher but she's good!) Accountabilibuddy groups. A few are full, a couple are not. What's the protocol for them? Do you just jump on one, start one, get invited...me no understand! Thanks! Night night folks!

Just jump in...but bring beer...well depending on the group cost of entry varies. Join the one that suits your fancy and go for it!

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

That's awesome alienjenn! Keep it up!

thanks!

Wow alienjenn that's something to shout about!  Probably from the top of the mountain it looks like you're on! :)  Go you!!

that's one of my favorite mountains in the area... ww.hikingupward.com/snp/oldrag/ (cool pics and reviews and more info here...)

this was kind of a challenge... my friend was certain that women shouldn't do weighted squats... and was insisting that I should just work on the 100 squat challenge.. I told him I already do 4X10 with weights (last time was 30# DB) so I would have no problem.. he was like... sure you won't... so I set out to prove him wrong ;)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Oh hai? I.... I used to be a Ranger? Well... still am, but haven't done a challenge since last spring (work stuff... busy... long story, loads of excuses). But! I plan on doing the challenge this month. Hurrah!

YAY. welcome back!

It's BACCCOOOOOOOOON!

i pictured you saying this with a jack nicholson voice, ala the shining.

Hey!! How come Cline doesn't owe you bacon?!?!? So, have I been warned now? And, if I owe you beers, I owe you beers. Now just gotta figure out a good reason for me and the beautifula and adventurous KeXioLi to get to NY to pay my debt to nerd society.....

cline owes me her first born.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Sorry, one more question before I hit up book 3 of The Seven Relms series before bed. (Chima's no Tolkien, Goodkind, Sanderson or Butcher but she's good!) Accountabilibuddy groups. A few are full, a couple are not. What's the protocol for them? Do you just jump on one, start one, get invited...me no understand! Thanks! Night night folks!

Ok, here's what most likely is a dumb question...Is it safe to assume if a group is full, it's full and no additional people can join?

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

I am looking forward to the challenge! Day 1, here I come. I've signed up for a challenge before but clearly wasn't serious because here I am, 10 pounds heavier. Now's for real! Looking forward to getting you know you all and encouraging you through the next 6 weeks.

I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires.

Khalil Gibran

Happy to join in with the Rangers this challenge. Got my goals posted and grocery shopping done. Not eating out is going to be tough. Tomorrow 5:30am first hiit class of the week. I'm feeling a little under the weather so hopefully that will not slow me down. Day 1 is my day off so I'm just doing housework and cooking today. A woman at the grocery store commented on how colorful my food was. I think that means I made good choices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

--excellentworth-- 

level 2 Human. Adventurer at heart, training with the Rangers

Ps. 24:3,4

STR 4|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 6|WIS 5|CHA 5

Without the mini-challenges last round, I went silent outside of my Challenge and Battle Log threads.  Time to be more supportive of my fellow Rangers! 

Newbies, welcome to Day 1 of your first challenge!  Set a schedule for the week and get "something" done TODAY!  If you don't start off well today, then you might not tomorrow either.  Get the ball rolling on Day 1!  Especially, those tricky Life Goals!  Don't wait until Week 6 to start cleaning your house... Today is the day to start!

Get to work, slackers!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Heya, back in ranger-land after a 6-ish month NF hiatus. Quick question--how does one hook up with an acountabilibuddy group? all of the ranger ones seem to be either full or empty, and I would rather be on one with some seasoned folks than start my own.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

:) finally progressed to a hundred sit ups... I was so jazzed yesterday!

My plan is to go back down to fifty but do them holding a medicine ball...

my next goal is to do a hundred dips... Starting this week or next I'll move off the assisted machine... And work up to a hundred unassisted ;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

:) finally progressed to a hundred sit ups... I was so jazzed yesterday! My plan is to go back down to fifty but do them holding a medicine ball... my next goal is to do a hundred dips... Starting this week or next I'll move off the assisted machine... And work up to a hundred unassisted ;) Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Great job! Keep working hard! There are so many different types of situps and crunches, so if you get bored of one, then you can always just sample a new one.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

So I finally decided what gym to start going to.  I am super excited to start getting in REAL workouts again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LEVEL: 2

RACE: GALLIFREYAN

CLASS: RANGER

STR: 5 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON:5 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

"An object at rest will remain at rest, an object in motion will remain in motion... people are objects too."

Can I just ask you guys a question? :)

How many grams of carbs per day should I eat in order to reduce my fat % ? I'm trying to keep it under 100-150gr/day but I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

I generally manage mine using the information here. A lot is going to depend on your current body weight / bf% and workout routine.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Hey Skye! I'm not tracking in detail right now (I have a set daily menu that only varies by 100 calories or so either direction based on previous journaling), but I know from said previous journaling that just by virtue of eliminating white starchy carbs mine stay consistently at/below 100g, and I'm losing fat pretty easily when doing what I should. (note: I also carry a calorie deficit and strive to eat 1g/lbm protein daily). i can maintain this 6 days a week without too much pain, but I'm not much of a carb person by nature. I have a desk job, Walk 3-4 days a week (4th walk is optional if I feel overtrained), 1 strength day, 1 combo cardio/bodyweight day (Spin/Mat Pilates class).

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

I generally manage mine using the information here. A lot is going to depend on your current body weight / bf% and workout routine.

Thank you for the link, I'll read this during my lunch break :)

Hey Skye! I'm not tracking in detail right now (I have a set daily menu that only varies by 100 calories or so either direction based on previous journaling), but I know from said previous journaling that just by virtue of eliminating white starchy carbs mine stay consistently at/below 100g, and I'm losing fat pretty easily when doing what I should. (note: I also carry a calorie deficit and strive to eat 1g/lbm protein daily). i can maintain this 6 days a week without too much pain, but I'm not much of a carb person by nature. I have a desk job, Walk 3-4 days a week (4th walk is optional if I feel overtrained), 1 strength day, 1 combo cardio/bodyweight day (Spin/Mat Pilates class).

I'll try sticking below 100gr of carbs. I track everything I eat on MyFitnessPal and carry a calorie deficit as well. I'm trying to eat at least 100gr of protein per day. I have a desk job as well, do interval cardio 2x/week, 1 CXWORX class and 2 Bodypump classes.

"Tomorrow comes today."

Nothing like a little light lunchtime reading! It's a little dense, and is geared more towards bodybuilders looking to either bulk up or cut, but I've had great results using the general guidelines over the past six months.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

I'll try sticking below 100gr of carbs. I track everything I eat on MyFitnessPal and carry a calorie deficit as well. I'm trying to eat at least 100gr of protein per day. I have a desk job as well, do interval cardio 2x/week, 1 CXWORX class and 2 Bodypump classes.

At or around 100 is a good point for carbs from what I have found. That way you don't completely eliminate good foods but are watching sugar producing foods. Depending on what you are shooting for  I think 100gr of protein is probably about right for you again all depends on your goals. 

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines