H.N. Goes for a Test run

Happienumber

I've juggled while holding a baby before, does that count? Probably not, since I didn't throw the baby.

Wait, who wins in a Dalek/Iron Man battle? I mean, obviously Iron Man, but I'm thinking - they both fly, have laser-y things, Daleks have the cooler voice....

you know your juggling skills are legit when you can juggle your friends. [hint, get small friends]. 

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

LOVE LOVE LOVE the snowman battle!

You inspire me with your battle against the cold.

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Wait, who wins in a Dalek/Iron Man battle? I mean, obviously Iron Man, but I'm thinking - they both fly, have laser-y things, Daleks have the cooler voice....

I disagree.  The Dalek shield would just block Iron Man's weapons.  And Iron Man doesn't really have any crazy defense that the egg beater laser couldn't tear right through.  Plus, as Darth Helmet said, "Evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

I don't know, iron man is really clever. He always has a way of out thinking a situation. And perhaps, being from another planet, Dalek lasers might charge the iron man suit like thor's lightning did. Also iron man flys a lot faster. On The other side, the dalek's sucking plunger thing could pontetially suck the energy/ information out of iron man, and they can self destruct. 

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I disagree.  The Dalek shield would just block Iron Man's weapons.  And Iron Man doesn't really have any crazy defense that the egg beater laser couldn't tear right through.  Plus, as Darth Helmet said, "Evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

I don't know, iron man is really clever. He always has a way of out thinking a situation. And perhaps, being from another planet, Dalek lasers might charge the iron man suit like thor's lightning did. Also iron man flys a lot faster. On The other side, the dalek's sucking plunger thing could pontetially suck the energy/ information out of iron man, and they can self destruct. 

50ef057aa25f3_IMG_2178.jpg

Battle results:

It was a draw. Both succumb to the evil acid rain, which melted both of their heads. Iron man also lost an arm, and the dalek lost an ear and his eye stalk. 

This whole conversation fills me with glee.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

OK So here goes, first official day!!

I'm gonna add starting stats this time, because one of my 2013 goals is to get down to 155 pounds and to do that, much BF% must be abolished. [i'm not "loosing" weight...I have no intention of finding it again]. 

Height: 5'11" [< In case anyone noticed, yes this is a bigger number than last time I posted....I grew. I GREW. I'm already a sequoia tree, and for some reason fate decided I needed another two inches. This is discusting.]

Weight: 179 lbs

Chest: 39"

Waist: 35"

Hips: 42"

Best 5k time: 32 minutes [and some seconds, but i'm not a fanatic]

So On my first official day I am staying with my mother, so I spent most of the day shoveling the snow and grocery shopping for her, and watching macgyver. We talked today and decided that for now, I'll spend a long weekend [4 days] every other weekend with her to help out. With this in mind, I have to start working on a plan for my life to not get sucked up by television. 

I don't have TV at my apartment, and I find myself in a bad downward spiral of it whenever I visit my mother. I haven't felt a need to overly regulate it before, because it was a once-every-two-months kind of event. Now, 8 days per month will be spent around a TV. Helping my mom mostly involves cleaning the snow, mowing the lawn, and driving her to doctors and the store. This doesn't take up that much time. I spend 80% of the day just in her living room, and she watches it ALL DAY LONG. 

With the added time, I should be able to get a headstart on my classwork, novel writing, violin playing, and blogging. I need to focus on these areas instead of staring at the TV screen all day. 

Daily training report:

1. No points deducted. Ate no grains at all for breakfast or lunch. I doubt I'll have any with dinner either [My mother cooked a pork roast] so this is an extra good day. She made me a protein smoothie for lunch, and I wasn't hungry yet, so I waited about 45 minutes until I was before I drank it. YAY for self-control [i wanted to nom that strawberry chocolate deliciousness like a fiend]. 

2. No running yet, I will be starting c25k again tomorrow, and it'll be tuesday-thursday-saturday for training.

3. No frog practice today. I may do some when I get home, but it didn't happen the rest of the day.

4. SONG! 

Ok so here is the promised "before" video. I honestly recommend not listening to it. It sounds like a bag of cats. 

But I felt like I needed to be honest and post how sucky I am to start, to see how far I've come by the end.

... You sound so much better than my brother did when he was learning violin. Seriously. I had to evacuate the house. Every time he practiced. For six months.

Also, awesome going! Sorry I didn't post here before, but ... yeah. I'm easily distracted >_> I am reading and cheering you on even when I forget to say so :)

Half Dragon, Half Elf, Level 0.5 Assassin - I flame people when cranky, but I'm seriously kickass.STR 4 | DEX 2.5 | STA 3.25 | CON 5 | WIS 8.75 | CHA 4 | Challenges: 1  2 3 4 5 | myFitnessPal | Spreadsheet | fitbitChallenge 6, Back to the assassin's rootsBlog: float knowledge return wisdom;

Photography

... You sound so much better than my brother did when he was learning violin. Seriously. I had to evacuate the house. Every time he practiced. For six months.

Also, awesome going! Sorry I didn't post here before, but ... yeah. I'm easily distracted >_> I am reading and cheering you on even when I forget to say so :)

Thanks! 

This whole conversation fills me with glee.

Me too!!

Training report:

No training today. I've been battling The Cold. [capitalized like a supervillan name]. 

I have decided not to say that I've "given in" the The Cold, I am just fighting it, actively, with sleep. I slept for 80% of the day today. 

I didn't have any points deducted, but the only thing I ate all day was half a jar of pickles when I got hungry around 3. So Not really sure how healthy that has been. I haven't been very hungry at all all day. 

This better be gone tomorrow. I plan to have vanquished it with my mega doses of vitamins and lots of sleep. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Sometimes a whole day of rest is the 100% best option. My husband thought he was coming down with something last week, took a whole day in either the tub or bed, and the next day was right back to normal. Hope you feel better tomorrow!

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

The best thing for getting well is sleep. Just keep some water next to the bed so you stay hydrated!

I hope you're back to being fighting-fit soon. *get well vibes*

Half Dragon, Half Elf, Level 0.5 Assassin - I flame people when cranky, but I'm seriously kickass.STR 4 | DEX 2.5 | STA 3.25 | CON 5 | WIS 8.75 | CHA 4 | Challenges: 1  2 3 4 5 | myFitnessPal | Spreadsheet | fitbitChallenge 6, Back to the assassin's rootsBlog: float knowledge return wisdom;

Photography

Good luck with The Cold. Best thing when you're fighting illness is to let your body do what it's doing, not trying to keep up with your other goals. And I don't know if you're as doctor-averse as I am, but if it's not gone soon, do consider going to the doctor - I suffered for three weeks last challenge before finally going to the doc, and I could've been better way sooner if I'd just gone earlier.

Level 13 Elven Assassin

Good luck with The Cold. Best thing when you're fighting illness is to let your body do what it's doing, not trying to keep up with your other goals. And I don't know if you're as doctor-averse as I am, but if it's not gone soon, do consider going to the doctor - I suffered for three weeks last challenge before finally going to the doc, and I could've been better way sooner if I'd just gone earlier.

Thanks! I'm actually feeling a lot better today. 20 some odd hours of sleep kind of kicked The Cold's butt. I'm back to work today, but i'm taking it easy. I'm planning on some skill and strength work tonight, but no cardio. Cardio allways seems to make me feel worse when I'm trying to recover. I'm keeping up with the mega doses of C until a few days after I feel "all better" just for good measure. I want to make sure I don't relapse. 

The best thing for getting well is sleep. Just keep some water next to the bed so you stay hydrated!

I hope you're back to being fighting-fit soon. *get well vibes*

Thank you for the vibes! I think they helped.

Sometimes a whole day of rest is the 100% best option. My husband thought he was coming down with something last week, took a whole day in either the tub or bed, and the next day was right back to normal. Hope you feel better tomorrow!

It really did! The Cold really only lasted threeish days. Started feeling sick wednesday, dedicated thursday to a full on battle, and I feel mega better today! Just a little clogged up ears [i'm going "WHAT?!" all the time cuz I can't hear anyone]. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

HN,

I'm so freaking envious and proud of your violin skills already!  One of the hardest things I've ever tried and failed at (didn't take lessons, tried to self teach...failed.  I'll get back to it sometime in the future) is violin.  You rock!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Also, as someone who is stuck at 5'11" for his foreseeable future, totally envious of the height gain!

- Fear

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

@fear

Thanks! I didn't take lessons either- I can't afford them right now. So it is possible. I still mega-suck, but with nuala's priceless tips and assistance, I'm slowly getting better.

I've got to get some chalk/peg drops pretty soon here, all my pegs are getting really loose and untuneing while I'm playing . I keep thinking "good god, where did that note go? Why do I suck?" and then realizing that that string went all out of tune.

I would love to give you some of my inches if it were possible....I was extremely happy at 5'7"

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

@fear

Thanks! I didn't take lessons either- I can't afford them right now. So it is possible. I still mega-suck, but with nuala's priceless tips and assistance, I'm slowly getting better.

I've got to get some chalk/peg drops pretty soon here, all my pegs are getting really loose and untuneing while I'm playing . I keep thinking "good god, where did that note go? Why do I suck?" and then realizing that that string went all out of tune.

I would love to give you some of my inches if it were possible....I was extremely happy at 5'7"

HN,

Glad to know it's possible!  You give me such hope! :) 

Ahahaha! Definitely sounds like you need some chalk/peg drops soon!  The de-tuning while playing has GOT to be frustrating! Had a guitar that did that once... :)

I'd love to take some if it were possible!  I keep thinking that someone out there gets a great kick of the fact that I'm stuck at 5'11" forever.  I think that's why I'm so damn determined to get my vertical increased, so I don't feel short anymore. LOL! ;)

Keep on rockin'!

I hope today went wonderfully for you!

- Fear

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

Try bridging lol. It's what seems to have stretched me out.

Training report:

Feeding myself-

No points deducted. Although I still wasn't feeling awesome. So I only ate a meal and a half today. Just a protein shake and a half a cup of soup. Only two times I was hungry, and then I got full really quick.

Running:

No running today. Did some walking for the mini-challenge

Frog:

Got up to 25 seconds today! Real balence, no toes touching.

Violin:

30 minutes of practice, focusing on keeping the bow straight.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

So today was a pretty good day. The Cold is basically gone [i'm just not very hungry....not sure why that symptom is sticking around]. Since I was feeling better I got a lot of my "being an adult" things done, like cleaning my house. Note to self for next time: If Danza Kuduro comes on the shuffle whilst washing dishes, make sure the kitchen doors are closed. 

Here I am, thinking I'm all suave trying out my new dance moves and the next thing I know I'm taking my eyebrow off. 

That was a very pathetic, awkward momment. 

Training report:

Feeding myself:

No points deducted - YAY! Actually had no grains at all today. I was just not very hungry all day, all I had was an apple when I got a little hungry at 3ish, and then I wasn't hungry again until just now [Egads!] at 11pm. So I made some egg-greens-veggies mix. I don't know what to call this, it's kinda like a stir-fry, but it's this simple go-to meal I keep falling back on. Three eggs, a large handfull of some greens [usually kale or spinach] and another handfull of frozen veggies [usually broccoli or carrots] and add onion powder. Three minutes later, eat dinner. I like the simplicity. 

Running: 

2.12 miles in 31 minutes. 

Plus 3.3 miles of walking for the mini-challenge. Lots of fun! Found a shortcut from my house to my second-favorite park. And saw a gorgeous sunset.

Frog stand:

Hit 26 seconds twice. The second time around my toe touched. GRRRR. 

Violin:

Played for my 30 minutes. I find If I'm standing, my bow is WAY straighter than if i'm sitting. Probably a posture thing. I slump extra a lot in chairs. I'm turning into the hunchback of notre dame. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Weekly Report

Know Thyself:

I'm getting better at figuring out when I'm hungry. Learning to plan food for the day so I have something available has been my big challenge this week. There has been several times too that I was hungry and thought, "Ok just wait ten minutes, and you can go get some lunch," but this becomes "whoops it's tomorrow morning, what happened to lunch and dinner?" So I caught myself and stopped what I was doing and grabbed a snack. I'm really liking the mini-packs of nuts I made up. I put them in 1/4 size sandwich bags so they're a really small serving [like half of what you'd get in the dollar packs of nuts at the quickcheck], but it's just enough to stop the hunger between meals. I'm finding that I'm all over the place with when I get hungry. Some days I want to gnaw my arm off at like 9:30 [i eat breakfast at 6. I always wake up wanting to eat my house. Like those baby animals that eat their nest when they hatch...] and other times I'm fine until 1pm. When I do get hungry and eat something in the morning, I'm never hungry until like 2 or 3. 

Not having a problem with 1 grain meal per day, so far. Usually this is in the form of oatmeal or rice chex in the morning, or if I have a protein shake for breakfast, I'll have maybe gluten free mac and cheese or soup with rice in it for dinner. 

Had to deduct one point this week due to poor planning, but now I'm hanging in at 83 points. 

Run to the tower:

Slow progress in the running front. I'm certainly enjoying this a lot. I'm also doing a bunch of extra walking for the side chalenge so hopefully this too will help my lungs and endurance to translate into running. 

Get ejected into space:

Went from a 15 second frog stand to a 25 second one. Ten seconds of progress. 

Play in the orchestra:

Been playing the violin for 30 mins to an hour every day this week, except for thursday, when I hibernated. My friend [who I just discovered plays the violin! What luck!] just gave me an AWESOME book today for learning the violin. It's a self-teaching guide and also teaches reading music at the same time! I'm ecstatic! 

Just got invited to a music jam tomorrow night, and they want me to bring my violin "no matter how bad I am," so I can only guess how well that is going to go. 

I spent 20 minutes today writing in the finger numbers for the rest of the first verse of the song:

50f3748e37897_IMG_2235.jpg

I, for those who don't know, have zero clue how to read music. This is a scary page of dots and lines. 

The scaryist part is that the verse I committed to learning in these six weeks looks like the HARDEST PART OF THE SONG. [More dots per space seems likely to mean...harder]

I decided to use my synisthesia to good purpose and write in a color coded number scale. So blue = 1, pinkish red = 2, green = 3, and red = 4. So a blue "2" means second finger on the first string. It makes it really work in my head, and I can understand a little of where the song is going. I tried playing the first part that I wrote in, and it's a little beyond me for now. I'm going to do some of the lessons out of my new book to get more practice first. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Great 1st week. And I'm pretty sure that fingering numbering system is very impressive, even if I have no idea what  it means :nevreness:

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Great 1st week. And I'm pretty sure that fingering numbering system is very impressive, even if I have no idea what  it means :nevreness:

HAHA not impressive at all. I'm tricking my defective brain lol. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

No, I am SURE it is impressive. It has numbers and colors and muscial notes... and everything impressive

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines