• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EmCee

Emcee's Project Puerto Rico Challenge

My best friend and I have plans to go to Puerto Rico just before my 27th birthday. This challenge will be my get-my-ass-in-gear-to-look-hot-in-a-bikini challenge. 

Here are my health and fitness goals:

1) Complete the Paleo challenge I joined at my box.

2) Complete a pull-up every time I walk through my bedroom doorway (with the exception of when I'm leaving for work - it's annoying to tuck my shirt all back in and such) 

3) Go to the gym at least 4 days a week - better if it's Crossfit but still get points for going to LA on days I can't make the CF class times. 

Level Up Your Life:

1) My friend Dickson wrote a book called "Adventure Walks and Monkey Talks" about the life lessons he learned from a 3-year old boy that he is lucky enough to have in his life (not his son). I will practice the first six lessons in that book (there are 52 - one for each week of the year) for this challenge though I plan to practice each lesson listed. 

2) I need to improve my social life. Post-divorce has been tough. I need to get out more, meet new people, see my old friends more, maybe even try dating again (but NOT via some weirdo dating site that I'll hate again). 

3) Do things that make me happy. Today I bought proper lingerie for the first time in my life - no, I have no one to wear it for and yeah, I probably could've spent my gift card more wisely but it made me smile to have it so whatever. 

Current Picture:

th_beforejan13_zps28fa4837.jpg

Pullup*

* still working on the pullup video. 

You'll rock this challenge like you always do EmCee. Wise choice about the on the way to work exception for the pullups, wouldn't want to mess up the nice work clothing. :)

My best friend and I have plans to go to Puerto Rico just before my 27th birthday. This challenge will be my get-my-ass-in-gear-to-look-hot-in-a-bikini challenge. 

Awesome! Puerto rico sounds like fun! Oh...and for the record? You are hawt, and in great shape. Your instagram pictures say so, so no back talking!  :playful:

Oooooooh. Good luck with that! Let me know if you have any questions or anything! :)

2) I need to improve my social life. Post-divorce has been tough. I need to get out more, meet new people, see my old friends more, maybe even try dating again (but NOT via some weirdo dating site that I'll hate again). 

Word. Socializing is hard. And dating websites? Um yeah...

3) Do things that make me happy. 

I like this. Doing things that make you happy are worth it. 

Love it, as always.  You're going to have a great time and look awesome on the vacation, but part of the fun is in the preparation, no?  

Can't wait to see what weekly challenges the adventure walks book suggests.  Sounds like a great game in itself!!

You'll rock this challenge like you always do EmCee. Wise choice about the on the way to work exception for the pullups, wouldn't want to mess up the nice work clothing. :)

Thanks, Shu! I just decided to add that exception recently - it was frustrating me to get re-situated as I was walking out the door for work :) 

Awesome! Puerto rico sounds like fun! Oh...and for the record? You are hawt, and in great shape. Your instagram pictures say so, so no back talking!  :playful:

Oooooooh. Good luck with that! Let me know if you have any questions or anything! :)

Word. Socializing is hard. And dating websites? Um yeah...

I like this. Doing things that make you happy are worth it. 

I'm not so worried about the Paleo challenge - it's just a matter of not cheating. Now, if it was Whole30... I would kill myself. 

Love it, as always.  You're going to have a great time and look awesome on the vacation, but part of the fun is in the preparation, no?  

Can't wait to see what weekly challenges the adventure walks book suggests.  Sounds like a great game in itself!!

Thanks, Chris!! The first weekly lesson isn't a surprising one. Dickson suggests we make more time for walks. This goes hand-in-hand with lessons down the road :) So - we're walking! I'm also consistently practicing the second lesson which is "Be Present". 

i already think you look hot in a bikini. just sayin'.

now go and crush it.

*blushes* thank you :)

^ This. Seriously.

*goes from blushing to beet red* thank you :)

Again, great goals. I love Puerto Rico, and you will too. It's amazing. Be sure to make some diet exceptions for the food. Super yummy!! And for exercise, I have to recomend rain forest hikes. Going to San Juan?

As for creeper dating sites...You didn't like one? I know a number of people who are in serioius relationship/married thanks to a site.

Sounds like you got this one mapped out.  Paleo Challenge at the box sounds fun.  Getting into a bikini...I think you got that one covered already.  Did you see that pic you posted.  Looking great already.  It will be fun to watch you crush this and shame the bikini models.

Woo hoo! I agree, goal should mean to rock the bikini EVEN MOAR since you're already there ;)  So jealous, you're going to have so much fun on vaca.

Again, great goals. I love Puerto Rico, and you will too. It's amazing. Be sure to make some diet exceptions for the food. Super yummy!! And for exercise, I have to recomend rain forest hikes. Going to San Juan?

As for creeper dating sites...You didn't like one? I know a number of people who are in serioius relationship/married thanks to a site.

I joined several and none of them worked out terribly well for me. I know several people, including my father who are in serious relationships/married due to something like match.com or eharmony... I just don't think it's for me. Every time I met someone it felt forced and awkward and that just seems silly. Part of it is that I didn't find the selection all that ummm, appetizing either. Another part is that I have children and several men don't find that to be all that great either :)

I'm not sure what part of PR yet - probably San Juan though. I will definitely make diet exceptions while there and rainforest hikes are on the list. I'm very excited! 

Sounds like you got this one mapped out.  Paleo Challenge at the box sounds fun.  Getting into a bikini...I think you got that one covered already.  Did you see that pic you posted.  Looking great already.  It will be fun to watch you crush this and shame the bikini models.

Thank you :) 

Gonna chime in here on the hawtness. Love your goals! 

Thank you, LoD! 

Woo hoo! I agree, goal should mean to rock the bikini EVEN MOAR since you're already there ;)  So jealous, you're going to have so much fun on vaca.

Thanks, Hotkoo :) Part of it is, as we've discussed, a mental thing with wearing a bikini :) I'll get there!

Excellent goals. I especially like the do things that make you happy one. I think most of us would do well to focus on that more than we do. I'll have to mark that one down for a future challenge.

*sighs*

Today was a good day food wise - perfectly paleo challenge friendly. 

I slept through the CF AM classes so had to rush to make it to the 6:30 class. Lo and behold, we had Helen on deck... I've never met Helen and I hate her. I have very little upper body strength (I have avoided training upper body due to a severe accident I was in a few years ago and am just now confident enough to work on that) so the KB swings and the pullups wore me out pretty quickly. I didn't finish within the time cap (15:00) but I DID finish. 

As someone who has required a surgeon's touch a few too many times to put my body back together, I can understand needing confidence. No one wants a re-injury. But, you finished! That's something to build on! Way to go!!

w00t for finishing , even out of the time limit.  I hate pullups.  They are gonna be my bane this challenge.

I was glad that I at least finished since you have the option to stop with the time clock. I had to resort to ring rows for half of the last set of pull-ups. 

Nice work finishing the WOD.

I am always surprised when attractive young women have problems finding someone to date. 

Thank you! And I'm sure it's a mix of reasons - that I don't get out enough, that I have kids, that I don't particularly care for the population of men here... lol. 

As someone who has required a surgeon's touch a few too many times to put my body back together, I can understand needing confidence. No one wants a re-injury. But, you finished! That's something to build on! Way to go!!

Thank you! I'm way better than I was and that's something! 

Looks like a great setup for a whole lot of awesome!

And I'm adding my voice to the chorus re: bikini bod.  I'm totally girl-crushing on you right now.  You look great, and anything extra you achieve is super!

Looks like a great setup for a whole lot of awesome!

And I'm adding my voice to the chorus re: bikini bod.  I'm totally girl-crushing on you right now.  You look great, and anything extra you achieve is super!

I'm hoping it turns out pretty awesome! And thank you :) 

Food was on-point again today, no slips.

My poor little Biz... she is obsessed with Tic-tacs and I usually don't let her have them but did put a box in her stocking so she's been savoring them little by little... so today, we're at the box for the Team WOD (more on that later) and she's walking around offering everyone a Tic-Tac and they're all telling her no (because of the challenge) - she was quite upset that no one, not even Mommy, would have a Tic-Tac... 

As for the Team WOD... 

3RFT

200 M WB Run

60 WBS

75 Burpees

30 min time cap

I was paired with two new girls and this was their first team WOD - we didn't finish within the time limit but I was glad that the girls were at least willing to finish the round and not quit at the thirty minute mark. 

Side note, does anyone else feel bad when they have to no-rep someone? I know that it serves a purpose but man, I had to no-rep the crap out of one of them on the WBS and felt awful. 

Great challenge goals! 

I hear you on the post divorce social life issues. I tried out a few dating sites and could not believe how terrible the few dates I went on were. I deleted my profile, going to try and do some ole' fashion flirting this challenge. 

Smile at cute dudes at the grocery store, I know if a beautiful woman did that to me it would brighten my day for sure. 

Here are my health and fitness goals:

2) Complete a pull-up every time I walk through my bedroom doorway (with the exception of when I'm leaving for work - it's annoying to tuck my shirt all back in and such) 

3) Go to the gym at least 4 days a week - better if it's Crossfit but still get points for going to LA on days I can't make the CF class times. 

Level Up Your Life:

1) My friend Dickson wrote a book called "Adventure Walks and Monkey Talks" about the life lessons he learned from a 3-year old boy that he is lucky enough to have in his life (not his son). I will practice the first six lessons in that book (there are 52 - one for each week of the year) for this challenge though I plan to practice each lesson listed. 

3) Do things that make me happy. Today I bought proper lingerie for the first time in my life - no, I have no one to wear it for and yeah, I probably could've spent my gift card more wisely but it made me smile to have it so whatever. 

Current Picture:

th_beforejan13_zps28fa4837.jpg

Pullup*

* still working on the pullup video. 

Good goals - focused on process, easy to track, and stuff that you can defintely do but that will stay make you work. Love 'em.

Gift card - no, you could not have used it more wisely. It was a gift, and gifts are supposed to make you happy. The lingerie made you smile, therefore there was no wiser use to which you could have put your card.

Photo- you already have nothing to worry about in a bikini. And thanks for the reminder of what I'm over here fighing for. All you other NF ladies, if anyone else wishes to post their own reminder, please feel free(dudes, no offense, but photo reminders from you are not nearly as morale building, at least for me). And yeah, I know, I'm leaving in a week, but I gotta come back, so think of it as advance morale building.

But on a serious note, the pictures you posted of your girls at the St Jude thingee is one of the most important reminders I've seen while I've been over (next to my two kids, of course).  

... that I don't particularly care for the population of men here... lol. 

That's my youngest daughter's reason. I am very thankful she's picky (saves on ammunition costs and legal fees).

Side note, does anyone else feel bad when they have to no-rep someone? I know that it serves a purpose but man, I had to no-rep the crap out of one of them on the WBS and felt awful. 

What is no-repping someone?

Photo- you already have nothing to worry about in a bikini. And thanks for the reminder of what I'm over here fighing for. All you other NF ladies, if anyone else wishes to post their own reminder, please feel free(dudes, no offense, but photo reminders from you are not nearly as morale building, at least for me). And yeah, I know, I'm leaving in a week, but I gotta come back, so think of it as advance morale building.

LOL. It's not too bad for the morale of those at home, either.