• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EmCee

Emcee's Project Puerto Rico Challenge

Box jumps are super scary for me, probably because I knew a guy who broke his wrist doing them. And I'm a huge spaz. So impressed and inspired by your conquering of the 24"!!!!

Wow - I am impressed!! What height does a newbie start with??

Depends on the box, but usually 6-12" depending on how good at it they are.

Some people start out with a 50# bumper plate because the regular boxes are still too high.

Thanks everyone! 

Chris, CB is right - everyone starts at a different height depending on skill level. Some may start higher but will step up instead of jump up. 20" is the shortest height for our standard boxes, then 24", then 30". 

It'll be awhile before I make it to 30" :P

No updates really. Sunday is a rest day. Had dinner with T and watched Griswold's Family Christmas or something - he was shocked I'd never seen it and put it on immediately. *shrug*

Won't make it to CF before I get to NY. Hoping to pop into a box while I"m there but it's hard because my schedule is so haywire. You can't just drop in to the boxes in NYC - you have to reserve a time slot. Might not work haha - so might just end up on a couple of freezing runs while I'm in town. 

I make NO PROMISES about my eating habits on this trip :) 

No updates really. Sunday is a rest day. Had dinner with T and watched Griswold's Family Christmas or something - he was shocked I'd never seen it and put it on immediately. *shrug*

Won't make it to CF before I get to NY. Hoping to pop into a box while I"m there but it's hard because my schedule is so haywire. You can't just drop in to the boxes in NYC - you have to reserve a time slot. Might not work haha - so might just end up on a couple of freezing runs while I'm in town. 

Promise to have FUN - live life to the fullest and enjoy what you have been preparing for!

Awesome!

:)

*wild cheering* 24" ?!?!? You rock!!!

Thank you!

Yea box jumps! Woot!

*fist pumps*

Box jumps are super scary for me, probably because I knew a guy who broke his wrist doing them. And I'm a huge spaz. So impressed and inspired by your conquering of the 24"!!!!

Dude! Don't tell me things like you knew someone who broke a really vital body part doing something like box jumps! Also - thanks :) At least you ended on a good note!

NYC is such a fun place.  Have a great trip.  And eat some great food.

Thank you - I will! Hopefully my digestive tract doesn't hate me at the end of it. 

Congrats on the Paleo challenge!! And have a safe trip!

Thanks!

Awesome job on those box jumps!! Have a blast in NYC and keep up all the hard work!!

Thank you!

Promise to have FUN - live life to the fullest and enjoy what you have been preparing for!

You always know just what to say :) Thank you for this, Chris!

Sitting in the Charlotte airport on my layover... finally catching up on some threads. Thank you guys for keeping up with me even though I've been a little behind lately. I really really appreciate it!

*sips soy chai tea*

*foodgasms*

haha, sorry about that box jump story! He was a special case. I've seen all kinds of spastic kids crush tall box jumps! Like, REALLY spastic. Totally safe!

You just better be enjoying yourself.

You just have to have fun!! I love travel adventures - they're about experiences and new things, not habit and routine.

:)

Thank you!

*fist pumps*

Dude! Don't tell me things like you knew someone who broke a really vital body part doing something like box jumps! Also - thanks :) At least you ended on a good note!

Thank you - I will! Hopefully my digestive tract doesn't hate me at the end of it. 

Thanks!

Thank you!

You always know just what to say :) Thank you for this, Chris!

Sitting in the Charlotte airport on my layover... finally catching up on some threads. Thank you guys for keeping up with me even though I've been a little behind lately. I really really appreciate it!

*sips soy chai tea*

*foodgasms*

If you come back through Charlotte, make sure to stop in at the North Carolina wine shop they have in the airport (you are old to drink, aren't you?). They have some surprisingly nice wines, and gee go figure, it's hard to find them outside NC. have fun in Gotham - haven't been there myself in way too long.