Emcee's Project Puerto Rico Challenge

EmCee

Yea box jumps! Woot!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Box jumps are super scary for me, probably because I knew a guy who broke his wrist doing them. And I'm a huge spaz. So impressed and inspired by your conquering of the 24"!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

Wow - I am impressed!!  What height does a newbie start with??

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Thanks everyone! 

Chris, CB is right - everyone starts at a different height depending on skill level. Some may start higher but will step up instead of jump up. 20" is the shortest height for our standard boxes, then 24", then 30". 

It'll be awhile before I make it to 30" :P

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

No updates really. Sunday is a rest day. Had dinner with T and watched Griswold's Family Christmas or something - he was shocked I'd never seen it and put it on immediately. *shrug*

Won't make it to CF before I get to NY. Hoping to pop into a box while I"m there but it's hard because my schedule is so haywire. You can't just drop in to the boxes in NYC - you have to reserve a time slot. Might not work haha - so might just end up on a couple of freezing runs while I'm in town. 

I make NO PROMISES about my eating habits on this trip :) 

Congrats on the Paleo challenge!! And have a safe trip!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Awesome job on those box jumps!! Have a blast in NYC and keep up all the hard work!!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

No updates really. Sunday is a rest day. Had dinner with T and watched Griswold's Family Christmas or something - he was shocked I'd never seen it and put it on immediately. *shrug*

Won't make it to CF before I get to NY. Hoping to pop into a box while I"m there but it's hard because my schedule is so haywire. You can't just drop in to the boxes in NYC - you have to reserve a time slot. Might not work haha - so might just end up on a couple of freezing runs while I'm in town. 

Promise to have FUN - live life to the fullest and enjoy what you have been preparing for!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Awesome!

:)

*wild cheering* 24" ?!?!? You rock!!!

Thank you!

Yea box jumps! Woot!

*fist pumps*

Box jumps are super scary for me, probably because I knew a guy who broke his wrist doing them. And I'm a huge spaz. So impressed and inspired by your conquering of the 24"!!!!

Dude! Don't tell me things like you knew someone who broke a really vital body part doing something like box jumps! Also - thanks :) At least you ended on a good note!

NYC is such a fun place.  Have a great trip.  And eat some great food.

Thank you - I will! Hopefully my digestive tract doesn't hate me at the end of it. 

Congrats on the Paleo challenge!! And have a safe trip!

Thanks!

Awesome job on those box jumps!! Have a blast in NYC and keep up all the hard work!!

Thank you!

Promise to have FUN - live life to the fullest and enjoy what you have been preparing for!

You always know just what to say :) Thank you for this, Chris!

Sitting in the Charlotte airport on my layover... finally catching up on some threads. Thank you guys for keeping up with me even though I've been a little behind lately. I really really appreciate it!

*sips soy chai tea*

*foodgasms*

i get to meet emcee! *squee*

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

haha, sorry about that box jump story! He was a special case. I've seen all kinds of spastic kids crush tall box jumps! Like, REALLY spastic. Totally safe!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

You just better be enjoying yourself.

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

You just have to have fun!! I love travel adventures - they're about experiences and new things, not habit and routine.

:)

Thank you!

*fist pumps*

Dude! Don't tell me things like you knew someone who broke a really vital body part doing something like box jumps! Also - thanks :) At least you ended on a good note!

Thank you - I will! Hopefully my digestive tract doesn't hate me at the end of it. 

Thanks!

Thank you!

You always know just what to say :) Thank you for this, Chris!

Sitting in the Charlotte airport on my layover... finally catching up on some threads. Thank you guys for keeping up with me even though I've been a little behind lately. I really really appreciate it!

*sips soy chai tea*

*foodgasms*

If you come back through Charlotte, make sure to stop in at the North Carolina wine shop they have in the airport (you are old to drink, aren't you?). They have some surprisingly nice wines, and gee go figure, it's hard to find them outside NC. have fun in Gotham - haven't been there myself in way too long.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines