Again, not a full life plan, but here's the run-down of my goals for 2013. I had way too many goals last year, and I think I only accomplished about 5% of them. This year i'm going to keep it small. 4 goals per life-area, for a total of 16 goals. You'll notice a lot of these are the same goals as last year, because i was a bum and didn't accomplish them. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try....try try try again...

imagem_curso_76.jpg

Strength/Endurance Goals:

1. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes

2. Run a mile in under 7 minutes
3. 1 Pistol Sqauat
4. 50 push ups

tumblr_l3vzxjEgbx1qzfqouo1_400_large.jpg  

Skill Goals:     

1. Press into handstand

2. Full Dive roll              
3. Clutch flag                 
4. Some form of solo swing dance

tips-for-writers-stories-are-everywhere.

Life goals:

1. Learn all of "Crystalize" on the violin, and perform it
2. Finish writing my kid's book
3. Write my first iPhone app
4. Become location independent [even if not my perfect job, just ANYTHING not tied to an office. A step in the right direction]

scott-pistol-sunset-tall-w-oekb1.png?w=5

Habit goals:

1. Reach 155 pounds

2. Have a daily morning   workout [a real one, not just my warm up Daily 16.]
3. Develop a diet free of allergens [this will be updated with what I’m allergic to after I go to the doctor]
4. Get in the habit of stretching daily before bed

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Glad to hear you are taking another shot at the some of the same goals. Keeping trying til you get there!

How often will you be posting progress?

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life goals:

1. Learn all of "Crystalize" on the violin, and perform it

2. Finish writing my kid's book

3. Write my first iPhone app

4. Become location independent [even if not my perfect job, just ANYTHING not tied to an office. A step in the right direction]

I love all of these! "Crystalize" by Lindsey Stirling? It's pretty intense. Are you gonna dance around like her too? What's your kid's book about? What's your iPhone app going to do? I'm so intrigued.

I recently became location independent. It's pretty great, but it takes a lot of self-discipline to get work done. My first real test will be next week, when I go to L.A. to visit friends and family. Let's hope I can at least work enough to pay for my food and flight.

What's your current profession, and what steps can you take to work remotely for even 1 day a week?

Level 3 Warrior

STR 12.5 | DEX 3 | STA 5.5 | CON 10.5 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 3

Challenge #1

Challenge #2

Challenge #3

I am so TOTALLY going to dance!

My kids book is going to be something math/logic related, but with a cool storyline. One of my favorite books as a Little kid was "puzzle island" by Paul adshead. Its an awesomely complex adventure book that requires you to solve all sorts of riddles and puzzles along the way. I want to design something similar that teaches little kids things like number theory (primes, patterns, ect) and logic, in a way that little kids (aiming at a 2-8 year old range) can understand and that's really fun. It's a tall order, but I'm determined. I'm writing it mainly with my impending nephew in mind (he arrives Into this world in April) so I've got to get working on it to get it ready for him.

Astor my iPhone app, I have no IDEA what it's going to do!

I was thinking:

Something parkour related

Something to show all the places to buy allergen free foods in the area

A thumb war game to play against your friends (thumb wars with friends lol)

But I have no idea what it's actually going to be. I'm open for suggestions!

As for becoming location independent: awesome! Way to go!

I have pretty good self-discipline when it comes to working from home, but unfortunately my current job doesn't allow for remote work. I do end user hardware support for the physical computers in the city (city hall, parks and rec, ect). I have to actually be there to replace drives, swap computers, and all that jazz.

I have several reasons for wanting to be location independent, and for now anything really will do, but eventually I want to get into Somthing that challenges my mind more. My entire job, currently, could be done by your average tech-savvy 13 year old.

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I'm going to have to look into "puzzle island." It sounds like a book I would have loved as a child.

I'd like to create an iphone app in the future as well. I'm about in the same place as you, just brainstorming random ideas and keeping them in evernote. It's on the someday maybe list, and not too high on the priority list, but whenever an idea comes to mind, I'll write it down.

I wouldn't go location independent just for the sake of being location independent. It seems like a quick way to become unproductive and broke as you find yourself unmotivated to actually get work done. Maybe start a side project first, and work on it until you can safely quit your day job. I just started reading The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau (not sure on the spelling there) and if you haven't read it already The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris is pretty awesome.

Quick idea: Really get to work on your kids book, do a kickstarter project if you have to, and self-publish it. You could even write it out in a blog. There's a book out there that's been floating around my to read list called How to Blog a Book I forget who it's by, but you might want to look into reading that one too. 

Another quick idea: I know you were probably joking when you said "My entire job, currently, could be done by your average tech-savvy 13 year old." Why not write a guide for techy teenagers looking to make money during high school/college?

Level 3 Warrior

STR 12.5 | DEX 3 | STA 5.5 | CON 10.5 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 3

Challenge #1

Challenge #2

Challenge #3