• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dna

dna challenge

Brief overview of goals:

Fitness related:-

1) Try to complete 50 situps and 50 pushups X2(reps) continously. (Ambitious i know)

2) Continuing my 5 days a week yoga for the next 3 months.

3) Try to upgrade my circuit by an additional rep and increase by an additional 2 sets.

Side goals:

1) Aim to learn French (speaking and writing) in next two months

2) Continue writing short stories and articles for my blog as well as for magazines.

3) Upgrading myself from newbie to amateur in photography.

Class: Druid

Sub-class: Ranger.

If you follow a specific way of eating: Still working on it.

Any other piece of information you think would be useful for team creation: I'm new here so i guess that would be the hard part.

If you want to be part of a team or if you want to work alone: Been doing it solo so far but want a change so SQUAD!!

Additional Info:

1) Start my preparation for my Certification course

2) Increase my sprints from 3 minutes to 5 minutes.. *baby steps i believe in*

3) Go out for more walks in the morning even if its raining, chilly or dark.

4) Wake up earlier than usual and start doing my Yoga.

Challenges:

1) Have to work around my hectic working schedule and find time for rest, fitness and eating.

2) Trying to avoid the fizzy drinks and beer especially during Match Days - very difficult

3) Stop procrastinating while studying my language quota for the day as well as completing a chapter a day.

4) Currently down with a cold thus my energy is really sapped and i'm trying hard to stick to my fitness schedule but its not working :(!!

My workout schedule:

Well like i mentioned in my battle log i will be working mostly squats, dumbbells, crunches and pushups along with Yoga.

Edited by dna
updated fitness goal

Another challenge:

Food - My insane work hours will stop me from having balanced meals and thus i will be resorting to outside junk food :(!!

Oh fun. I could tell you all about anger management while dealing with warehouses, truck drivers, load brokers, and rail companies, but that's the extent of my knowledge in any field even remotely related.

^Hahaa.... and you my number one source for it then :D!! Road logistics is a difficult stream i feel more tougher than sea and air.

Sprinting for 5 minutes seems insane teehee....

I could see the real life applications for this skill though. Like if you're being chased by orcs...

Edited by LynnyLee
spelling

Bonjour! Beinvenue! Je parle un petit peu de francais... I know you can achieve this goal b/c if I could learn to get around in Korean (which is not based on any language I am familiar with) within a month, then I know you can learn French -- it's just like English, only spelt funny... and the syntax is a bit different... but if you have some good books/tapes/coaches, you will be fine.

Yoga is a fantastic total body exercise. Sprinting is fun...but even 30 seconds is tough -- I'd aim for adding very short increments of time to your total to build up slowly.

I'd love to be able to do real pushups -- once I get to 50 girly push-ups, I plan to start getting that butt up off the floor. You sound like quite the Ranger!

You go, girl!

And if you want some mehndi, my studio in Lemon Grove is always open for a fellow Squad 7-er!

@Faline: yes indeed does sound insane :D!! thanks hopefully i do meet some of my goals..

@LynnyLee: hahaa orcs? not zombies?? :D!!

@Hennagrrrrl: Merci pour l'accueil :D!! indeed spelt n spoken funnily :P lol.. naa its mostly preparation for my europe trip this summer planning on visiting a few places..thus brushing up my German too and hopefully i can learn a few phrases in Italian and Spanish... oh boy i think i added more goals :D!!

Yoga is good i use it as i have no access to a gym only dumbbells and a yoga mat. i can do 30 pushups at a strech and i'm trying to increase it but somehow i think i'm hitting a plateau..

Thanks for the mehndi invite maybe when i decide to color my hair would swing by :D

I would love to go traveling over the summer I am Jealous!! Yoga is amazing and always finds a way to properly kick my butt just when I think I have mastered a pose. Yoga is also very portable!! I love just needing to travel with my mat and nothing else!

Traveling sounds wonderful! SUmmer is usually my busiest season when I work 2-3 gigs a day most week-ends and then do educational presentations in community centers and libraries during the day.... there is a very short window in September when my schedule slows down and before my husband has to start teaching again...and that's wehn we aim for vacation. The last few years I've had health issues, so we didn't go anywhere. Heck, last year, we didn't even have a vacation -- 10 days with HIS family DOES NOT COUNT AS VACATION....bone of contention, there....

Anyways. Europe is wonderful -- enjoy every minute!!!

And go, squad 7! We'll help you get there in shape!

I would love to go traveling over the summer I am Jealous!! Yoga is amazing and always finds a way to properly kick my butt just when I think I have mastered a pose. Yoga is also very portable!! I love just needing to travel with my mat and nothing else!

Indeed Yoga is awesome that way... i have tried at times doing yoga or at least meditating on the river banks, on top of rocks. There's always scope to improve on a mastered pose.....

hahah well at the moment nothings finalized still hunting places to see and trying to fit them in the schedule :)!!

I've been listening to LOTR on audio book at work. Must be getting into my subconscious. :)

hahahaa.... LOTR rocks that way :D!! keep re-reading the book and watching the movie from time to time :D!!

Recently just happened to watch Zombieland too :D!!

Traveling sounds wonderful! SUmmer is usually my busiest season when I work 2-3 gigs a day most week-ends and then do educational presentations in community centers and libraries during the day.... there is a very short window in September when my schedule slows down and before my husband has to start teaching again...and that's wehn we aim for vacation. The last few years I've had health issues, so we didn't go anywhere. Heck, last year, we didn't even have a vacation -- 10 days with HIS family DOES NOT COUNT AS VACATION....bone of contention, there....

Anyways. Europe is wonderful -- enjoy every minute!!!

And go, squad 7! We'll help you get there in shape!

Wow that is hectic and yup 10 days with family doesn't count as vacation :D!! Well mostly whenever i get the itch i take off on my bike with my iPod playing tunes and my camera in my bag exploring places travelling for miles. Always love the feeling of travelling and doing something unique :D!!

yup squad se7en rocks :D!!! grazie for the motivation!!

A quick update:

My goal of learning a word/phrase a day in French is getting pushed back due to the hectic work schedule and due to an old friend coming down..... but exercise wise everything is going as per plan though i'm having one too many rest days instead of continuous days of exercise.

trying to learn about compound exercises that can be included into my fitness regime.....

10 days with HIS family DOES NOT COUNT AS VACATION....bone of contention, there....

I have the same bone of contention with my husband.

hahahaa.... LOTR rocks that way :D!! keep re-reading the book and watching the movie from time to time :D!!

I'm always re-reading LOTR. I often listen to the audiobooks at work while doing something terribly boring, like expense reports. Makes it a little more bearable. I may be stuck in this chair doing something mind numbingly boring, but my mind is on an epic adventure.

I always tell my family when I go see them that I am not on vacation (teehee) They take it as sarcasm and laugh :) I love em buttttttt I am glad I live on the other side of the states :)

Great job keeping up the exercising!

It is always hard to have to sacrifice a goal when you get busy but maybe you could make your friend practice with you? Pick goofy phrases that will be fun for you both? Just a thought!!!

Keep up the hard work!!

Glad to hear the exercise is still going strong--any way to combine that French with something else you're doing? Like audio-lessons while you're working out?

Thanks... i'm at the moment doing alternatives like taking walks, lifting some weights in office via files, Reams of papers etc something that will aid me out as my work schedule just got hectic in this past week.

I tried that with Spanish lessons alas i'm a big failure :(!!

I always tell my family when I go see them that I am not on vacation (teehee) They take it as sarcasm and laugh :) I love em buttttttt I am glad I live on the other side of the states :)

Great job keeping up the exercising!

It is always hard to have to sacrifice a goal when you get busy but maybe you could make your friend practice with you? Pick goofy phrases that will be fun for you both? Just a thought!!!

Keep up the hard work!!

Thanks Faline for the encouragement.... i'm happy i'm sticking to the plan set out..... :)!!!

I'm stoked today as couple of my colleagues did mention that the jacket and shirts are looking better on me... kept telling me you lost weight and what you are doing for it.. :D!!! its good to hear such things right?