IRISHodabred's Don't Want to be Picked Last in Gym Class Goals

IRISHodabred

Looks like you've been killing it lately.  I let the weekend get away from me, but I know I owe you some smack talk for my Blackhawks beating the Red Wings.  We should've bet.  Next meeting, loser changes their avatar to the other team's logo for a week, you game?

Deal! My brother and cousin (both Hawks fans) have not missed their opportunity to rip on my for the OT loss aka maintained unbeaten streak that is the Hawks. That's a good bet to get our feet wet. Bring it on! Next game is Sunday, March 3rd so that works out well in terms of rocking the logo for a week.

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Workout Update for 1/30/13

5:30am-5:50am

So for some odd reason, I was wide awake and ready to take on the day at 4:40 this morning so I decided to go to the gym a bit earlier than usual so I wouldn't feel so rushed before work. Thankfully it happened to be the same day the guy's alarm clock didn't go off and he didn't show up to open the gym until 5:20am. (Opens at 5am) So much for starting early. I was ready to rock today and cruised through my workout. After upping my daily caloric intake from 2100 to 2400, I'm feeling much better throughout the day and in workouts.

2 PBF Body Weight Circuits with 2min rest

1.) 25 Inclined Pushups + 25 more after lowering the bar (x2)

2.) Pull-Ups to failure: 8 & 6 = 14

3.) 25 R/L Bulgarian Squats (x2)

4.)Round 1: 90sec Mountain Climbers (boo, hiss)

Round 2: 90sec alternating leg and knee lifts + 45 RAB with 10lb medicine ball

Primal is still on lockdown

Day 2 of lacrosse season is under way and oddly enough it will be 50F today as opposed to -25F last week. Looks like we'll be practicing outside this afternoon! Wahoo! (A few players came up to ask "Hey coach, have you lost weight?" Me: "Yeah, I've lost a bit" Player: "Thought so. A bunch of the guys and I were saying at the beginning of practice that you're looking pretty lean.")  WOOT! Keep it rolling!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

Team woots on the weight loss - way to go!!!!  Awesome b/c you'll inspire them to even greater awesome!  Nice to know your team looks out for you!

Mountain climbers.....GAH!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Workout Log

1/12/13

Took my dog for a 45min nightime XC ski loop via headlamp in the woods last night. Beautiful night. Crappy skiing. Very icy and therefor sketchy around any significant declines. Almost wrecked myself at one point. It was peaceful and nice to be outside. I really enjoy being in the woods at night in the winter.

Ok, so this was a while ago at this point, but it sounds pretty stellar. I love the night sky on a crisp winter night.  That said, I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself on the ice! 

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

Team woots on the weight loss - way to go!!!!  Awesome b/c you'll inspire them to even greater awesome!  Nice to know your team looks out for you!

Mountain climbers.....GAH!

I find it interesting on how I don't notice a lot of difference but others seem to. One of my fellow coaches said something yesterday too. Said he saw me walking my dog (with winter coat on and what not) and thought I looked leaner. I do wear my weight in my face so I'm guessing that's the big thing. Thanks for the continued support cline!

Ok, so this was a while ago at this point, but it sounds pretty stellar. I love the night sky on a crisp winter night.  That said, I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself on the ice! 

Stellar is a perfect way to describe that night minus the iciness. I really enjoy being out in the woods at night in winter. It's very peaceful.

If I hadn't had (nice grammar!) to buy all new clothes, I would swear I hadn't lost weight. Others see it. I do not. Maybe true for you too? Bet your dog noticed!! :-)

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

It's good that you're switching up the plank part of the workout. 90 second plank is not only brutal, but it's boring. I do think you get about the same benefits with the variations. You're conquering your goals and looking great! The fact that people are taking notice is awesome!

Season starting!! Nice, sounds like you have some good guys who notice things :-)

Keep killin it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

It's good that you're switching up the plank part of the workout. 90 second plank is not only brutal, but it's boring. I do think you get about the same benefits with the variations. You're conquering your goals and looking great! The fact that people are taking notice is awesome!

Thanks hun! Right back atcha!

Season starting!! Nice, sounds like you have some good guys who notice things :-)

Keep killin it!

I hope they are as observant on the field as they seem to be off the field! Thanks, will do!

Ok, so now that the students are back on campus, I don't have nearly as much down time to be blowing up the forum and supporting all of you fine people but I will do my best. My past two workouts are as follows:

2/2/13

Tabata Sprints on the elliptical for 24min + 2min warm up and 5min cool down for a total of 3mi. It had been 2 weeks since I did those so they felt great!

2/3/13

9:15am-9:45am

2 PBF Body Weight Circuits.

Inclined Pushups: 50 - (2nd 25 at lowest bar level)

Chin-ups to Fail: 9, 7, 6 = 22!!! (Goal reached!!!) Also, I never clarified for me: overhand = chin-ups and underhand = pull-ups

Alternating Squat Press with 25lb DB: 26, 14

20 knees to chest in the captain's chair + 20 RAT's with 10lb medicine ball

Post Workout: Inverted Body Rows to Fail: 15

Primal: Super Bowl Sunday = made good decisions for the most part but did have a few pigs in a blanket and pulled chicken delights baked in tiny chips.  Doing a homemade juice fast today to make up for it.

Tin Whistle: Fail for this past week. Need to practice 2hrs this week so I get back on track and not fail for the challenge.

Life: Might be hiking a mountain in two weeks to meet goal! Praying for good weather!

Trying to catch up.. great job so far. You have far more patience than I do - I could never have waited for someone to show up at the gym. 

I think we're always the last to notice that we're slimming down. It's nice to have the reinforcement from others that our work is paying off!

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

tabata...... GAH!

Well done!!!!!!  woot!

I AM going the distance

Trying to catch up.. great job so far. You have far more patience than I do - I could never have waited for someone to show up at the gym. 

I think we're always the last to notice that we're slimming down. It's nice to have the reinforcement from others that our work is paying off!

Thanks EmCee! If there wouldn't have been other people waiting that morning, I would have left but with them there, I would have felt like a woos if I left. Personally induced peer pressure!

tabata...... GAH!

Well done!!!!!!  woot!

They're tough but I love them! I would rather do those for 30 min than just going running for 30min. Thanks a bunch cline!

I think it has to do with the fact that we see ourselves day in and day out--the changes hardly seem as drastic when we've watched them happen bit by seemingly microscopic bit.

Regardless, congratulations on the recognition, and keep killing it!

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Day 2 of lacrosse season is under way and oddly enough it will be 50F today as opposed to -25F last week. Looks like we'll be practicing outside this afternoon! Wahoo! (A few players came up to ask "Hey coach, have you lost weight?" Me: "Yeah, I've lost a bit" Player: "Thought so. A bunch of the guys and I were saying at the beginning of practice that you're looking pretty lean.")  WOOT! Keep it rolling!

That's awesome -- it's so motivating to hear that you have visible results from all the work you're putting in. Great job! (And yay for decent weather! I'm going for a run outside tomorrow because it's 50 degrees here, too -- though we never got as cold as -25!)

Dúnadan Ranger

Level 2

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

Current 6-Week Challenge

That's awesome!  :)

tabata elliptical nice thought! nice work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

I think it has to do with the fact that we see ourselves day in and day out--the changes hardly seem as drastic when we've watched them happen bit by seemingly microscopic bit.

Regardless, congratulations on the recognition, and keep killing it!

You're probably right. Thanks for the encouragement! Much appreciated!

That's awesome -- it's so motivating to hear that you have visible results from all the work you're putting in. Great job! (And yay for decent weather! I'm going for a run outside tomorrow because it's 50 degrees here, too -- though we never got as cold as -25!)

Thanks Pippin! It was nice to hear. I hope you had a good run and more importantly a wonderful bday weekend O' Fun!

That's awesome!   :)

Thanks Maegs!

tabata elliptical nice thought! nice work!

Thanks! I will have to try some other exercises in tabata sprint form to see how they go. I can't imagine doing something like burpees or body squats. That would be BRUTAL! I need to find a good rowing machine. That would be a good one.

2/2/13

Tabata Sprints on the elliptical for 24min + 2min warm up and 5min cool down for a total of 3mi. It had been 2 weeks since I did those so they felt great!

I'd never heard of Tabata sprints before you posted this, so I had to go look them up. Yikes!!! I am scared of them but I'm going to give them a try this weekend on the track. Thanks for expanding my workout horizons! :D

Dúnadan Ranger

Level 2

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

Current 6-Week Challenge

I'd never heard of Tabata sprints before you posted this, so I had to go look them up. Yikes!!! I am scared of them but I'm going to give them a try this weekend on the track. Thanks for expanding my workout horizons! :D

You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy them! Let me know what you think.

Workout summary for 2/4-2/6

2/4- basketball for an hour

2/5-lacrosse (lax) practice for 2+ hrs

2/6:

PB Body Weight Circuits at the gym

4:10pm-4:30pm

2 Circuits of:

1.) 50 inclined push ups (at 25 moved bar to lowest spot to finish)

2.) Pull-ups to fail (underhand): 11, 7, 6 (at the end of 2 circuits I did one more)

3.) 20 L/R Squat Press with 15lb medicine ball (I didn't like using the ball...back to DB for these. I may make these lunges instead to increase difficulty)

4.) Bench-knees to chest/C-chair knees to chest + 20 RATs with 15lb medicine ball

Post Circuit:

Dips to fail (x2): 10, 8 (I was spent after the Pushups and Presses so this killed me)

Primal: That shiz is on lock down!

Hockey game: End of the 1st period we were up 5-0 but by end of the game we lost 8-5. We played the best team and our goalie went from standing on his head to letting just about any low shot in. They are the top team and we haven't beaten them yet but it was a tough loss none the less.

Tin Whistle: Played for an hour last night which leaves only an hour this weekend to catch up from last week.  I learned the Braveheart theme song!!! Woot!

P.S. Still taking the stairs at work (sometimes I wish I didn't live on the 6th floor) and rocking (and liking) the stand up desk despite the odd looks and comments I get.

Looks like everyone is switching to standing desks. I keep going between that and one of those Gaiam ball chairs.

Nice work this challenge. I've always thought playing hockey would be fun, but not much opportunity in south Texas.

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

Workout Recap for the past few days...

With all the snowfall, the dog and I couldn't pass up cross country skiing so I did that for 40min instead of Tabatas yesterday.

2/10/13

1pm-1:30pm

2 circuits of PBBW

50 inclined push-ups on lowest bar level (1st time doing all 100 on lowest)

Chin-ups (overhand) to fail: 9, 8, 6 = (23!)

R1: 25 L/R Bulgarian Squats R2: 25 medicine ball (10lb) box jumps with shoulder press

R1: 90sec Forearm Plank + 45sec side plank R2: bar hang knees to chest + 25 RAT with 10lb medicine ball.

Post Circuits: Inverted body weight rows to fail: 15

Tin Whistle: CHECK! I'm caught up from missing last week by getting 2hrs this week. Learned the beginning of O Danny Boy and polished up on the others I know.

Weather permitting I should be hiking a mountain (Rattlesnake Mt. -a small one) with my buddy this Sat. I will try to convince him to hike Lyon Mt. but I doubt he'll bite. Regardless this will meet my goal. Woot!

Nice work! I wish I had some cross country skis, then I would have been able to get out and about yesterday! Went CRAZY inside.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines