New Game. Enter Name: LeadChipmunk

leadchipmunk

After failing my last few challenges, it is time for the age honored tradition of rage quit and start a new character.

Choose race:

Orc

Silastic Armourfiends

Titan

Weeping Angel

✔Woodwose

Yama-Biko

Zindi

Enter Stats

STR  3

DEX  1

STA  1

CON  3

WIS   3

CHA  4

Welcome LeadChipmunk, the Woodwose Adventurer! What surrounds you now are the Seral Woods. These are the mystic groves that you were born in, full of all forms of creatures and spanning many miles, many of which are completely uncharted. The Elder woodwose is sworn to protect these forests, but is getting old and weak. He will not be able to protect it for much longer and a successor must be named.

You may be young for the title of Elder, but your determination may lead you to such an honored position. But you are weak. You know nothing of these woods and how to protect it, neither through strength nor patience nor even through carefully chosen words. Luckily there are many guardians and teachers throughout these lands that can help you, and you will meet with and train with them.

And so your journey begins!

Quest #1: Dig your roots deep and move the mountains.

The Ents are some of the oldest and strongest creatures still alive in this world. They have mastered the strength of the forest itself and have even been rumored to move the earth. Quickbeam has agreed to take you in as his pupil, but he is very unforgiving of inaction and laziness. You must remain vigilant in your training.

-Stronglifts program, 3 days a week for the extent of the challenge. (possibly minus 1 day due to planned 3 day trip to Columbus)

-Grants 3 STR, 1 CON

Quest #2: Learn to enjoy being forced into uncomfortable positions.

As the Elder, you will be forced into uncomfortable situations. You must decide on internal matters of the forest that will have lasting repercussions and you will be in charge of external relations and forming alliances. No real training will make you completely comfortable with this except for going through with it many times. But there are other ways to gain comfort in the uncomfortable.

Master Baobab was said to be among the first trees to appear in the land. Next came the slender, graceful palm tree. When Baobab saw the palm tree, it cried out to be taller. Then the beautiful flame tree appeared with its red flowers and Baobab was envious for flower blossoms. When Baobab saw the magnificent fig tree it prayed for fruit as well. The gods became angry with the tree and pulled it up by its roots then re-planted it upside down to keep it quiet.

Because of this, he has long became comfortable with his position and even with others' remarks about his odd appearance. His levels of comfort are unseen anywhere else. By forcing yourself into a similar position, you can start gaining more comfort in the uncomfortable.

-15 second freestanding handstand.

I have no experience with handstands, so I do not know how feasible this is. Also, this is part of an ongoing challenge and a life goal of mine.

-Grants 3 DEX, 1 STA

Quest #3: Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Food and drink must be made as natural as possible to fully become one with the Seral Woods. Nothing that comes from the Men outside of these lands shall cross your lips. It will only lead to a tainted soul and a feeble health, two things that cannot be part of a great Elder.

-Whole30 for the extent of the month of January. (3 days may be allowed for 1 weekend in mid-January when I will be out of town, but they are not to be free days)

-Mostly paleo diet after January

-Grants 1 STA, 2 CON, 1 WIS

Quest #4: Life and death decisions must be made swift and followed through with the utmost effect.

As a future Elder, your decisions will often deal with grave consequences. Death may be an atrocity, but it is inevitable. It should be avoided at all costs, but when it isn't possible to be avoided, you must be capable, decisive and accepting of your actions. There are rumors that the Archer Fish are capable of teaching you this, but they require a payment that you are unable to provide in full at this moment. Keep saving and practicing your defensive techniques in the meantime.

-Save up and pay the down payment of $125 for NRA Firearms Instructor classes

-Visit the gun range weekly and, over the course of the challenge, use each firearm I own (current total of 8) at least once.

-Grants 1 DEX, 1 CON, 1 WIS

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Yay. *extremely happy dance*

Welcome back babe. So so so glad to have you. You're going to rock this challenge - no rage quits!

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Sometimes I wish life had more rage quit opportunities... sometimes you really need to just start back from scratch.

That handstand challenge sounds awesome, even when I was a youngster in gymnastics I could never really master that. How are you planning on accomplishing that? Just straight practice or are there other exercises that you use to build necessary muscle groups?

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Yay. *extremely happy dance*

Welcome back babe. So so so glad to have you. You're going to rock this challenge - no rage quits!

Thanks! You can't keep me down for long.

Sometimes I wish life had more rage quit opportunities... sometimes you really need to just start back from scratch.

That handstand challenge sounds awesome, even when I was a youngster in gymnastics I could never really master that. How are you planning on accomplishing that? Just straight practice or are there other exercises that you use to build necessary muscle groups?

Life has tons of opportunities for rage quit, it just usually isn't the best thing to take that opportunity.

I have little idea how I'm going to accomplish my handstand. I downloaded the free handstand tutorial video and .PDF from Gold Medal Bodies, but I haven't gotten to watch/read it yet. I think I'm mostly going to do wall handstands and work on my form until I can get to freestanding.

Oh, I just found a .PDF I downloaded a while back titled "Wrist mobility, Bodyline Exercises, and Handstands Guide" (can be found here, scroll down for the link). So, I think I'm going to do a bit of the core exercises to help keep form in the handstand.

Level 1 Woodwose

Lead!! So happy you're back! Clean slate for the new year, huh? I like it.

Awesome challenge goals... you have come so, so far from where you started doing challenges.

Rootin' for ya all the way!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Lead!! So happy you're back! Clean slate for the new year, huh? I like it. Awesome challenge goals... you have come so, so far from where you started doing challenges. Rootin' for ya all the way!

Thanks love! Glad to be back. This year is gonna be a good year for me.

Level 1 Woodwose

I look forward to watching your progress here

Thanks Doug

I'm about to re-roll for this challenge too.  Good to see I'm not alone in this!

Keeping an eye on you~!

Talk about putting pressure on me... Haha. Re-roll for the win!

Level 1 Woodwose

Hey, we've all rage quit at some point.  Glad you could get a fresh start. 

Also, have I mentioned that I love the handstand goal?  That is going to be awesome to accomplish. 

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

Welcome :)  However, even with a reroll, I just wanted to remind you that you start at level 1!  (Look at you, already leveling up and the challenge hasn't even started yet.  Definately bodes well for the rest of it!)

Thanks! I started at level 0 because I wanted it to work as a tally for total successful challenges. That's also why I have the list of classes in my sig at level zero, because I plan on changing up classes and want to keep track of what I've done successfully.

Hey, we've all rage quit at some point.  Glad you could get a fresh start. 

Also, have I mentioned that I love the handstand goal?  That is going to be awesome to accomplish. 

Thanks Missrackl! That goal will be a beast for me. I've tried kicking up into handstands, no wall, just to see how it feels and once I get fully upside down I started to freak a little and had to bail.

Level 1 Woodwose

Hey hey! Welcome back my old friend reincarnated into a new friend! I was your friend in your previous life, and I am your friend now!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Ah.  Sense.  You make it.  Well, here's to successful challenges all year long :)

Don't worry, it doesn't happen very often. Thanks for the well wishes.

Hey hey! Welcome back my old friend reincarnated into a new friend! I was your friend in your previous life, and I am your friend now!

I'm blaming you for giving me the phoenix down to come back here. After all, if I don't keep fighting, I'll never be able to beat you!

I wonder if you were my friend in my past life back in the 1800s?

Level 1 Woodwose

Yesterday I went to the gym and did:

Squats    70#    5x5

OHP        50#    5x5

Deadlift 105#    1x5

The OHP is getting pretty hard already, that surprised me.

No training on the handstand, but I do think that I'm going to incorporate the core exercises after my lifting at the gym and also do some wall handstands too. There's a separate room in the gym that is usually empty, so I'll go in there whenever there isn't any sort of class going on.

Whole30 is going pretty great. I'm on day 8 and the only craving I've had was for pizza rolls and that's only because there's half a bag in the freezer that nobody finished before we all started the Whole30.

Range time is set up for Thursday. It is supposed to get as high as 45 degrees and the rain isn't supposed to start until Friday, so hopefully the snow will be mostly melted but the range won't be pure mud. I'm also taking my girl there to teach her how to shoot if she is still interested.

Level 1 Woodwose

Does # mean pounds or kgs?

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Yesterday I went to the gym and did:

Squats    70#    5x5

OHP        50#    5x5

Deadlift 105#    1x5

The OHP is getting pretty hard already, that surprised me.

No training on the handstand, but I do think that I'm going to incorporate the core exercises after my lifting at the gym and also do some wall handstands too. There's a separate room in the gym that is usually empty, so I'll go in there whenever there isn't any sort of class going on.

Whole30 is going pretty great. I'm on day 8 and the only craving I've had was for pizza rolls and that's only because there's half a bag in the freezer that nobody finished before we all started the Whole30.

Range time is set up for Thursday. It is supposed to get as high as 45 degrees and the rain isn't supposed to start until Friday, so hopefully the snow will be mostly melted but the range won't be pure mud. I'm also taking my girl there to teach her how to shoot if she is still interested.

Nice going!  And great job on the whole30 so far -- 8 days!  Do you feel any difference?

:)  Pounds.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Pounds

OHP is always harder than you expect. Sounds like you are already doing great! Keep up the good work

I found that out pretty quick. Haha. Thanks!

Nice going!  And great job on the whole30 so far -- 8 days!  Do you feel any difference?

Tons. After the holidays and eating too many grains, I felt all sluggish and whatnot. Already I feel full of energy and better than I have in a long time.

Level 1 Woodwose

Update #2:

Yesterday (1/9) I did a short quarter mile run on the treadmill

Then SL workout A of

Squat   5x5  75#

Bench  5x5  55#

Rows    5x5  55#

Then I followed it up with

Plank            2x30seconds

Side plank    3x20 seconds (per side)

Hollow body  2x30s

Superman    2x30s

and finally did a wall handstand (untimed but somewhere between 45s and 1minute) then about 5 or 10 minutes later did 2 wall handstands of 30s and 15s.

Whole30 is going great. Went to the farmers market and picked up a load of greens. Filled most of my fridge and spent less 25 dollars. I love that place!

Level 1 Woodwose

Update 1/10:

Went to the range, taught my girlfriend to shoot. She picked up really quick, I am quite proud. I also got to shoot at least one magazine of each of my handguns (Hi Point C9, Glock 19, Taurus PT1911, Yugo M57 Tokarev). Attached is my girl shooting the Glock 19 mid-recoil (don't tell her it is posted here...)

50f0e0c06d9fc_IMAG0133.jpg

Update 1/11:

I skipped the gym this morning since my knee was hurting something fierce when I woke up. I ended up going around 7pm:

Squat 80# 5x5

OHP 55#

Deadlift 115#

Plank 1x35s, 1x25s

Side plank 2x30s (per side)

1 arm 1 hand plank 1x30s (per side)

Hollow body, legs half extended 2x30s

Superman 1x35s, 1x25s

Wall handstand 1x30s

Went out in my backyard and shot my replica of the 1851 Navy muzzleloading revolver for the first time. That thing is fun! The only handgun I have left to shoot is my Nagant 1895 revolver.

I also paid the reserve for the NRA instructor course.

Level 1 Woodwose

Great workout, LeadChipmunk, and wow on the handstands!  That is awesome.  Keep up the great work!

Good for you getting your food looked after, and it's really neat that you feel better already!  (I am seriously jealous of your farmer's market, though. :) )

The handstands need a lot of work, my hands are about 2.5 to 3 feet away from the wall. I need to get much closer. My time was low today, I'm guessing because I just got done doing presses not long before I attempted it.

I love that farmers market. I don't go often and it is pretty small, but it is has some pretty good prices.

Level 1 Woodwose

Lead, a new girl! Why don't you say anything, you fox you ;)

Nice job on the training! Handstand push-ups is one of my lifetime fitness goals! Can't wait to be able to do them. Yay for you!

My challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines