New Game. Enter Name: LeadChipmunk

leadchipmunk

Looks like you will finish this challenge. Great job seeing it to the end.

What have you learned this challenge? Would you do anything different next time?

I have learned that I shouldn't force a consistency challenge with 100% attendance when I have a very faulty car (especially doing 2 consistency challenges), that picking thing up and putting them down is quite fun and hollow bodies will make you want to die (though somehow are still fun).

What will I do different? I'm not too sure, I know I won't have challenges that rely on my car working correctly. Besides that, I'm most likely going to completely change things up a good bit with my goals. Probably going to switch over to the Rangers next challenge and have a diverse set of goals. I learned before that I have better motivation when things change up.

Ooh, I see a level up in your future!!  Can't wait to hear how the last week went!

I think I see one too, but I don't think the Elder is yet willing to choose me as his successor. I know the challenge ends today, but I'm going to the gym tomorrow to do a final test on my handstand and I will have a full write up by the end of Wednesday since I don't see me being home very much tomorrow.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Here's waiting for your summary, Buddy!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

And now for the conclusion of the intro challenge A.K.A Chapter 1: WoodWoes

You have been called into the Elder's personal chambers inside the Great Deku Tree (yes, this one) to have a review of your successes, as well as your failures, in your chosen quests. The Masters and those tasked with following you and reporting on your goals are outlined below:

Quest #1: Dig your roots deep and move the mountains.

The Ents are some of the oldest and strongest creatures still alive in this world. They have mastered the strength of the forest itself and have even been rumored to move the earth. Quickbeam has agreed to take you in as his pupil, but he is very unforgiving of inaction and laziness. You must remain vigilant in your training.

-Stronglifts program, 3 days a week for the extent of the challenge. (possibly minus 1 day due to planned 3 day trip to Columbus)

-Grants 3 STR, 1 CON

Master Quickbeam has said the following of you: Your diligence in the regimen has been commendable. You have constantly improved your strength and even doubled it in some regards (going from a working weight of 45lbs to over 125 in squats and 35 pound increases in bench press and rows). You may have had some outside problems causing you to not be able to complete your training, but those were outside your powers and you have circumvented them as well as you could do.

Master Quickbeam has given you the Vine Bracers of Vine Strength, granting you +2 STR and +1 CON!

Quest #2: Learn to enjoy being forced into uncomfortable positions.

As the Elder, you will be forced into uncomfortable situations. You must decide on internal matters of the forest that will have lasting repercussions and you will be in charge of external relations and forming alliances. No real training will make you completely comfortable with this except for going through with it many times. But there are other ways to gain comfort in the uncomfortable.

Master Baobab was said to be among the first trees to appear in the land. Next came the slender, graceful palm tree. When Baobab saw the palm tree, it cried out to be taller. Then the beautiful flame tree appeared with its red flowers and Baobab was envious for flower blossoms. When Baobab saw the magnificent fig tree it prayed for fruit as well. The gods became angry with the tree and pulled it up by its roots then re-planted it upside down to keep it quiet.

Because of this, he has long became comfortable with his position and even with others' remarks about his odd appearance. His levels of comfort are unseen anywhere else. By forcing yourself into a similar position, you can start gaining more comfort in the uncomfortable.

-15 second freestanding handstand.

-Grants 3 DEX, 1 STA

Master Baobab said "Hmmfgrmbhmmphg!" With his head being stuck underground, it was impossible to understand him, but it didn't sound really happy. He had a passing worm transcribe his notes and brought back to the elder:

LeadChipmunk was a less than stellar student. He tried, he strengthened his core values, but in the end he didn't have the balance to turn the comfortable into the uncomfortable. He requires more time to become comfortable.

While your skills haven't increased to the Masters levels, he is willing to give you a taste of his fruit. Upon eating it, you gain +1 DEX +1 STA!

#3: Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Food and drink must be made as natural as possible to fully become one with the Seral Woods. Nothing that comes from the Men outside of these lands shall cross your lips. It will only lead to a tainted soul and a feeble health, two things that cannot be part of a great Elder.

-Whole30 for the extent of the month of January. (3 days may be allowed for 1 weekend in mid-January when I will be out of town, but they are not to be free days)

-Mostly paleo diet after January

-Grants 1 STA, 2 CON, 1 WIS

Those Ninjasks and Shedinjas tasked with reporting on your diet have stated that, while you didn't solely eat nothing but that which is natural, you did a great job of it, rarely faltering. After the initial 30 days, you did relax some, but over the whole trial period, over 90% of your diet was outstandingly paleolithic in idea.

This healthier eating has emboldened not only your health but your spirit as well. +1 STA, +2 CON, +1 WIS increase!

Quest #4: Life and death decisions must be made swift and followed through with the utmost effect.

As a future Elder, your decisions will often deal with grave consequences. Death may be an atrocity, but it is inevitable. It should be avoided at all costs, but when it isn't possible to be avoided, you must be capable, decisive and accepting of your actions. There are rumors that the Archer Fish are capable of teaching you this, but they require a payment that you are unable to provide in full at this moment. Keep saving and practicing your defensive techniques in the meantime.

-Save up and pay the down payment of $125 for NRA Firearms Instructor classes

-Visit the gun range weekly and, over the course of the challenge, use each firearm I own (current total of 8) at least once.

-Grants 1 DEX, 1 CON, 1 WIS

The Archer Fish have accepted dowry to teach you to lead others whenever they are next able to accept apprentices, but when that time comes is unknown*. As for keeping your skills rust free, you haven't been able to achieve this, partially due to certain problems with ascertaining transportation. While practice is important, setting up the apprenticeship was the bulk of the challenge.

+1 Wis granted for the knowledge gained in the (minimal) training.

*Dun Dulun Duh Du!* Level Up!

The Elder gives you a scroll with express requirements that it is not to be opened for a week.

In non-RP talk, my goals and results were:

1. Stronglifts 3 days a week. I did this except for 1 week where I was without a car and had no way to get to the gym. 75% complete, +2 STR +1 CON
2. 15 second handstand. I have the shoulder and core strength to do it, but not the balance. I can hold a wall assisted handstand for 45 seconds, but as soon as I take my feet from the wall (or bar as I hit my head on the wall too many times) I fall. 50% for the strength increase, +1 DEX +1 STA
3. Whole30 followed by paleo diet, with 1 weekend off for a planned trip. Did this really well, didn't do horrible on the planned days off and generally got a 100% score. +1 STA +2 CON +1 WIS
4. Pay down payment for NRA instructor course and go to the range weekly with all owned firearms. I made it to the range once or twice and used all of my pistols. A rifle and a shotgun went unused. Part of the blame goes to weather and constant car troubles, but not all of it. A lot of it goes to me not feeling like going or wanting to go. 33% for paying and using the pistols, but I feel nothing more than that can be awarded since I only went 1/3 of the scheduled times. +1 WIS

* I am registered for the March 22nd, 23rd and 24th class, but my friend was late in registering and the class filled up. He is on the waiting list and I'm supposed to be getting a hold of the guy next week to see if they can move him up to the March class. If not, and depending on what weekend the April class is, I'll be moving back to that class and opening up another spot for someone on the March waiting list.

Level 1 Woodwose

Hey hey Congrats on completing your errr FIRST Challenge! I knew you could do it, my friend!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Awesome results, LC!

You should feel really proud of your commitment to this challenge, even facing the constraints of a grumpy car and bad weather.

Hang in there with the handstand - you'll get it :)

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Hey hey Congrats on completing your errr FIRST Challenge! I knew you could do it, my friend!

Thanks! I'm so proud of passing my fourth first challenge! Haha

Awesome results, LC!

You should feel really proud of your commitment to this challenge, even facing the constraints of a grumpy car and bad weather.

Hang in there with the handstand - you'll get it :)

I am pretty proud of myself! I feel so much more confident than I have after any other challenge. And I'm not giving up on the handstand that easily.

Level 1 Woodwose

Well done, LeadChipmunk!!  Great to see your progress, and I enjoyed your RP :)  Hooray for a level up!!!

Don't forget to share your progress with everyone on the report thread!

Thanks! I didn't have time last night to report there and I got on just for that reason. I'll post it now.

Level 1 Woodwose

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines