• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fearkiller

"To prove myself I can!" -Fearkiller

Another Valentine's Day project. I remembered an old article in my swedish textbook, which was about that:

http://www.freehugscampaign.org/

I guess the polytechnic canteen would be an ideal place -between 11.30-12.30 a whole lot of people comes there to eat.

This will take priority over the speak english. I might be able to get more people with me, but will do it alone, if need be.

If one person smiles, it's worth it.

Practical tips for hugging? Will people get upset,

meaning the one's that don't like being hugged?

Some tips:

Makeup a reason to hug someone and then ask (always ask)

Include everyone male and female

Avoid those who look like they're going to beat you up

Have fun

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did it! Wohoo! Now I'm going do this on the communal square -what is the word for a large public plaza with a lot of shops? Anyhow, posting more details later. Excited! :)

Kelekona, on 13 Jan 2013 - 22:44, said:

"Now get on that fearkilling or I'm gonna make you stand on a streetcorner with a sign that says, "I have trouble leaving my comfort zone."

I guess were even? Although so much positive feedback from the hug project I'm going to come up with something again...

The best part was how many hugged. I originally thought I would at best get like a handful and small smiles. Seems I was too cynical.

Almost a third hugged and even more smiled :) And all together it cost me around 2$

Best comments:

"This is such a good idea. You should totally do this."

"So cool you actually did this." (I presented the idea to my classmates two days before)

"Great that someone actually has nerves to do something like that"

" :) :) :D "

In terms of goals the party wasn't a success, I didn't join the conversation much. Hmm.

I have guts to hold a "free hugs"-sign to strangers in the main street but I won't join a conversation? Absurd :)

But I had loads of fun and some good "laugh-'til-you-cry" laughs.

And the meetings are going to be continued.

On a side note: I helped someone with technical difficulties with her thesis so she could send it to the database -and she was just grateful!

It was really awesome. Such a small act and so much joy. Helping people is awesome. Got to find more opportunities like that.

I ffelt cheery the whole day yesterday, cracking a spontaneus smile every now and then.

I want more days like that! :) :) :D I apologize for the abundance of smileys :)

Lol, wow FK! What a wonderful you had it seems! Smileys ftw!

Don't worrying about starting conversations, hugs are a great start :)

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

First it should be said that I am not eligible as a challenge winner nominee (didn't take part in any of the mini-challenges).

I consider this a lvl 3 as any of the goals wasn't an F.

Fearkilling: D (+1 WIS)

Strike up a conversation with someone I don't know (5x one WIS), random extraordinary public stuff if I happen to swear aloud,

find people to practice speaking english with.

Only got one speak english meeting, too few to count as any success. The"free hugs"-stunt counts as +1 WIS, though.

Yet, I noticed I need a stronger accountability factor.

All the other Fearkilling goals just... didn't happen. I don't know how else to describe it.

I know I should, but still failed. It has became almost a spinal reflex to shy away from scary things.

Working out: D (+0.25 STR, +0.25DEX, +0.25CON, +0.25 CHA)

Work out two times/week and strech afterwards.

3 out of 12. Used the knee injury as an excuse not to do anything. 'nuff said.

Feeling adequately ashamed (again).

Diet clean up: C (0.5 CHA, 0.5 CON)

Drink a liter of water daily and eat vegetables, fruits, nuts and  a total of one pound twice a week.

This goal went actually better, and I felt that I drank enough water it to have an actual effect (more awake in the mornings and

better mood overall by 25%). Had I drank it everyday, it would've been amazing. Eating veggies should've been more frequent and

dumping all the other treats completely necessary for it to feel anywhere. Still, some progress.

Sleep going to bed: D and getting up: D (+0.25 WIS, (+0.25 CON, 0.5 CHA)

Go to bed at 22.00 and get up at 06.00 (every five minutes more dropped the grade 25%

and then counted an average of all the days).

I noticed that missing an hour of sleep affects the next three or four days.

So I really know to appreciate it better.

"Now get on that fearkilling or I'm gonna make you stand on a streetcorner with a sign that says,
'I have trouble leaving my comfort zone.' " -Kelekona

That helped. And all the comments from you, Kelekona, AngelBlaidd and Laureleye made me feel someone was interested.

I seek to return the favor. Thank you!

I do like your goals and yes everyone is right, you should only do a few at a time. I know you want to get them all done at once. Believe me, as a kender, patience is not my virtue. However, listen to your fellows for they are wise.

I do like the idea of your goals though. Especially doing the things that scare you.  I live for that.

If you want to kenderify them:  Fearkilling of course is totally kenderish.  Also you can do exercises that are fun for you. For example I'm doing parkour but also at the gym I'm doing things I like not things I feel I have to. Because kender get bored and boring is the WORST THING EVER. So I'm doing dance classes and boxing and tai chi instead of lifting weights and doing pushups. For diet you could do tasty things you love but healthify them or doing healthy things that are delicious and try to make them fun.  As for sleeping - kender love to sleep and they are good at it so sleeping more is a good gif. Learn to enjoy sleep more than staying up late. :)

Good luck!

I do like your goals and yes everyone is right, you should only do a few at a time. I know you want to get them all done at once. Believe me, as a kender, patience is not my virtue. However, listen to your fellows for they are wise.

I do like the idea of your goals though. Especially doing the things that scare you.  I live for that.

If you want to kenderify them:  Fearkilling of course is totally kenderish.  Also you can do exercises that are fun for you. For example I'm doing parkour but also at the gym I'm doing things I like not things I feel I have to. Because kender get bored and boring is the WORST THING EVER. So I'm doing dance classes and boxing and tai chi instead of lifting weights and doing pushups. For diet you could do tasty things you love but healthify them or doing healthy things that are delicious and try to make them fun.  As for sleeping - kender love to sleep and they are good at it so sleeping more is a good gif. Learn to enjoy sleep more than staying up late. :)

Good luck!

Psst! I'm here:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39724-a-fearkillers-life-should-not-be-boring/

You are right about this challenge's goals, though.

I think I flopped here partly because I had so much at once.