Infiltration: Stage 1

obax

Well, it's Friday and I'm definitely not going to make it to the track. Sleeping issues have lead to some very late wake up times, which is leading to not enough time to make it to the track before work. I'm going to have to get my sleep schedule back on track....

Tomorrow is a not working day, though, so I'm going to really try to get up at a reasonable time (by getting to sleep at a reasonable time tonight), then go for the run I missed today, and then play hockey at night. 

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Track Time? Sweet!

Family Time? Awesome!

Both in 1 day? Freakin' Amazing!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

No goal for me at hockey. We tied, which is better than a loss, which is our usual M.O., but we should've won...

Family time + laziness trumped track time today. I just can't shake the habit of Sundays being my off day. I guess I'm not trying hard enough, which means I'm just gonna have to get it together and go after I volunteer this week. I gotta get my nose back to the grindstone this week, last week was pretty pathetic. I want to try the beep test again, see where I'm at and if I've progressed at all. Perhaps I'll give it a go tomorrow, hopefully I don't pull something again...

Red, your enthusiasm reminds me of a friend of mine who's been super supportive to me, especially in the last year or so. So thanks!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Thanks man! I can usually just grind through the checklist too, but last week I just didn't have it in me, and I don't really know why. This coming week is gonna be a grind too, my mood is only marginally better, but I'm determined to get through it and back on the workout wagon.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Also, a note on the wheat eating: I think I'm almost convinced that it does have an effect on me, I seem to get the same headache and lethargy whenever I eat a significant amount of wheat. I have no trouble with, for example, chicken wings that were lightly coated in flour (and really, with wings, I think the flour's the least of my worries), but Stove-Top Dressing, Kashi granola bars and pasta have all set off a headache (I'm not 100% certain that it's the wheat, but it's getting to be kind of too big a coincidence for me to discount). I'm not completely sold on the total grain-free idea behind the paleo diet, but I can definitely see myself cutting way back on wheat on a more permanent basis (excluding my mom's manacotti, 'cuz I love that shit and it's so worth the headache).

I think I'm going to end up considering the goal a failure, but the experiment a success. We'll see how I feel at the end of the challenge...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Red, your enthusiasm reminds me of a friend of mine who's been super supportive to me, especially in the last year or so. So thanks!

Then allow me to fulfill that role of "Super Supportive Friend!" It'd be my honor!

maybe your body is trying to tell you that you need to keep Sunday as a rest day? If not, then you have to slowly implement exercising into your sundays, via not doing a complete workout but small little workouts here and there as specified times, then you can start to slowly putting in more of an actual routine. Hope this helps

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

I've thought of that, but can't seem to make it work. I think Sundays just need to be my day off, I'm actually quite satisfied with it being that way, the problem is more the lack of motivation to go after volunteer days, which are at least 12 hours long from the time I leave the house to the time I get home. So instead of changing my day off, I'm going to focus on making myself get to the gym/track after volunteer days. I'll just have to plan a bit more than usual to have a snack on my drive home, so I'm not hungry and not stuffed full when I get to the workout. Even if it's a shitty workout because I'm tired, it's still better than nothing...

And thanks for being my super supportive friend! It's great to have one online and one in real life!!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

The lack of motivation might be from over training.  Try doing just a percentage of what you have been on any given day.  Maybe you can knock out your exercise before you leave for your volunteer work, while your will power is high?  And have you thought of resting totally on days 4 and 7?  If it is overtraining adequate rest and diet are the only way through.  If it's not, then maybe an espresso before working out?:)

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

I've thought of that, but can't seem to make it work. I think Sundays just need to be my day off, I'm actually quite satisfied with it being that way, the problem is more the lack of motivation to go after volunteer days, which are at least 12 hours long from the time I leave the house to the time I get home. So instead of changing my day off, I'm going to focus on making myself get to the gym/track after volunteer days. I'll just have to plan a bit more than usual to have a snack on my drive home, so I'm not hungry and not stuffed full when I get to the workout. Even if it's a shitty workout because I'm tired, it's still better than nothing...

And thanks for being my super supportive friend! It's great to have one online and one in real life!!

While it's admirable to exercise after your volunteering, you should take care not to push yourself too hard. You only have so much energy throughout the day. Just showing concern, Good luck with your training!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

The volunteering is mostly administrative stuff, so my muscles are actually ready to go by the end of it. It also involves 6 hours of driving (total) and much earlier mornings than I'm accustomed to, so it's more me fighting against tiredness than anything.

Workout update: I have solved The Mystery of the Olympic Calibre Run Time. As per Sherlock Holmes, I eliminated the impossible (that I'm really that fast) and then tested my theories until I found the one that fit all the facts. Today I discovered my watch works just fine. And then I discovered the track I run on is 1/2 the size I thought it was. I discovered this after running 2 km slowly (which I thought had been 4 km very fast), and, since I had just finished almost but not quite puking in front of the old guys flying their airplanes on the soccer field, I called it a day and went home to stretch and fully digest my breakfast.

So my 3 minute km is really a (just under) 6 minute km. Which is precisely where I was before I started running intervals. Which means I've made zero progress on that front in 3 weeks. Which bums me out a bit, but isn't really surprising, considering the haphazardness with which I've been going at the interval thing. So, I'm gonna run properly from now on, and try the beep test again sometime this week, probably not 'til Friday, since I'll be tired for my run on Wednesday after volunteering. Steps for achieving this: 1) Get more macaroni; 2) Get out of bed at a reasonable time, to allow digestion before running; and 3) Get to sleep at a reasonable time, so as to make Step 2 possible.

Gym tomorrow. I skipped it completely last week, this could be tough...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Stupid track, how dare it be smaller than you thought? :playful: Ah, well know that you have it figured out your times will improve

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

So glad to hear that you have Sherlock'd the stange running time problem. Also, that downloading songs that put you at a specific running pace is absolutely GENIUS! Wish I had thought of that lol totes using that tip!!!

Sorry to hear that it's been a little hard for you to keep a solid schedule. I really hope that this gets easier as time goes on and you settle into a rhythm :) it sounds like your body is adjusting considering you're feeling less pain.

Good luck and keep it up!

Surge, Level 3 Wood Elf RangerSTR 13.5 | DEX 4.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 7.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 5"Surge Supra : Rise Above"

Operation: Just Do It

"When running up a hill it's alright to give up as many times as you wish; as long as your feet keep moving."

Perhaps, the world shrunk when you weren't looking. Personally, I make sure there's a HUGANTIC space between digestion and running, bad things happen otherwise -_- ...

I'm glad you've been able to find the best path for you! Originality in one's workouts is usually the best!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Personally, I make sure there's a HUGANTIC space between digestion and running, bad things happen otherwise -_- ...

Usually I do too (it's actually a huge balancing act/pain in my ass, trying to find the exact time that there's not food in my stomach to puke up, but I'm not yet hungry so I still have good energy), but given my piss-poor performance last week, I decided I'd risk yacking up my breakfast in favour of not wussing out on yet another workout because I slept late/ate late/hadn't digested enough. It was a near thing, though, fortunately there was a garbage can, just in case. The guy with the airplane looked a bit alarmed... I'm slowly getting my sleeping issues in check, I should be good and tired tomorrow night so maybe I can reset my sleep cycle then....

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Also, and this has nothing to do with the challenge, but... the gym today was good, I managed to increase the height of my box jump by one block thingy.   I measure it and it's 18.5 inches high. My goal is 24 inches, 'cuz I think it'd be badass to be able to jump that high. And because I'm lazy, I left the block thingy there for the split squats, which made it more harder (?) than I thought it would, but I could still do it, so yay to that too.

ALSO, and this also has nothing to do with the challenge, but it made me happy, so I'm sharing.... I moved to a new belt hole today! In the good direction! Yay!!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Also, and this has nothing to do with the challenge, but... the gym today was good, I managed to increase the height of my box jump by one block thingy.   I measure it and it's 18.5 inches high. My goal is 24 inches, 'cuz I think it'd be badass to be able to jump that high. And because I'm lazy, I left the block thingy there for the split squats, which made it more harder (?) than I thought it would, but I could still do it, so yay to that too.

ALSO, and this also has nothing to do with the challenge, but it made me happy, so I'm sharing.... I moved to a new belt hole today! In the good direction! Yay!!

this is good!

I saw you were a bit bummed out the past days, so maybe it's cool to see how some things are different than before :)

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

Ran outside today rather than at the track. I'm super sore after the gym yesterday, and I figured the hills would substitute for the intervals and it was sad to waste a warm day in January (as much as I hate warm days in January). My hip felt fine on the cement, I guess the stretching is working. My shin was only slightly more painful than at the track, except the last 500m or so was a bit much for it and it was very sore by the time I got home. Some stretching and Advil took care of that though, and it feels usual now.

It's nice to know I can still go 4km without stopping (more or less) despite the fact I've been only doing 2km for about a month or so (I think I go longer when I do intervals, but because that's based on time rather than distance, I'm not sure how far I'm actually going). My time was just a tad over 23 minutes, so that's not bad, not my best time but not my worst either. I definitely like running outside better than inside, cement-induced pain notwithstanding. As much as I love winter, I'll be happy when it warms up and the ice goes away, and I can get back out on the road.

Washing the dog added some nice impromptu upper body work too. He's a squirmy bugger, and hoo-boy, did he need a bath...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

What are you talking about?! Those things are COMPLETELY relevant to the challenge! These are awesome things that are part of your life! Good going, Obax!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

What are you talking about?! Those things are COMPLETELY relevant to the challenge! These are awesome things that are part of your life! Good going, Obax!

Ha, thanks. I like it when I meet goals, and these are both related to goals I have, just not ones with points attached. Maybe I should rework the challenge goals to reflect the things I'm actually improving on... I don't think it really works that way, though... Ah well.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Well, that's kinda cheating, if you do that, but there's nothing to say that you didn't complete a couple of side-quests along the way of completing your goal. You're doing good, if anything, see this as stepping stones to your challenge goals

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines