Pat G's Battle Log (now with added Pie)

My phone for some crazy reason not only likes to randomly ditch NF posts, but will only type in ALL CAPS when I switch to landscape mode.  Only on NF.  So I end up reading threads here and there on my meal breaks but not responding, and then forgetting where I wanted to, and then spending MORE time figuring it out... heh.  

Oooh Nokia.  My mom has one.  But she also thinks LOL means lots of love.  

3 plates?!  That could've easily been balanced on your left arm for the first round :P   

Umm. There should be a post in here about hitting 3*5*60kg ohp and 3*8*70 wide grip bench.

Amd soccer training. Beach runs beach soccer all raining

Today 7 march.

Dead lift

10*20kg

5*50kg

5*70kg

5*90kg

5*110kg

5*130kg

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Thanks for the word LW, I'd like it to be even more regular but right now I'm trying to focus on training with intensity.

Tuesday 12 mar

Bodyweight squats sets of 20

Push ups sets of 20

Body weight rows sets of 10

Heap of mobility, my back wasnt going to handle any weight yesterday.

Sat 16 March

Wedding! It was a grand old celebration. Bride and groom very happy. Granted myself a few days of rest. Therefore no soccer practice.

Friday 23 march

Swam 800 metres. 100m at a time with a minute break in between.

Sat 24 mar.

Squat

2*10*50

5*75

3*5*90

Went for a double of 110kg, got pinned the second time. Lol

Bench

8*50

5*70

5*80

3*5*82.5kg

Jejeje ¡¡ ya!! Because I sound exactly like that. You'd be disappointed with my accent, not quite as ocker as you think :P

No poppets were injured in the creation of these posts.

Hermit mode is still going to be on for a while more, Assessments due etc etc

Monday gone. 

Squatted 3x5x92.5

Soccer practice, sprints + skill work, God knows i suck with a soccer ball at my feet. So do my teammates. 

Only thing since then have been ab work, sit ups, planks, wii fit yoga & challenges + lots of lower back mobility. 

peace. 

Ouch, its been 13 days since I've updated. Well, don't i have stories for you all!

No, not really. 

Taking AJ's ages old advice and started back on some LSD to get the calves used to the running I'm doing for soccer. Note, I've learnt its more fun to run with someone else, takes your mind of the bloody boring monotony, step after step after step after step after step. *look at the time* damn, still got 20 minutes to go... stride, stride stride.... perhaps if I had the Matrix soundtrack playing in my ears it would help. My first ever CD still holds a part of me close. 

In other LSD news, my bro in law is running the Sutherland to Surf in June? July? Whatever, its a 10k run, and he's asked me if i want to join him. First of all, what sort of warrior would I be if I ran a race before ever participating in a Power Lifting comp. Second of all, why would i want to run 10ks?? I can see the benefit of being able to run it, but.... can I make the necessary sacrifice when I can just hover around in my garage doing sub BW benches and just only BW squats for the next few months instead. HEAD DILEMMA!

Strength training pays off, One of the younger guys from my church asked if he could come around to my place and train to get stronger, 2 weeks in on SS modified and he seems to be enjoying it, gave him starting strength to read (LOL I doubt he'll get through 90 pages of how to squat). His starting numbers: 

Height: shorter than me, but still over 6 ft

Weight: 70kgs~

Squat: 40kg

Bench: 

Row: 

Deadlift: 30kg

OHP: 

Pull ups: 5 per set

Pat G's Garage Gym is born. 

I managed to get a cork in my right quadricep for our first game of the season, took a high ball and some drongo hit me with a shoulder, pain in the leg really. Managed to play 50-60/90 minutes of the game, need to work on lots of things, like my defensive play, 1v1 still thinking like a rugby player and rushing in rather than hanging back and forcing them toward the sideline and back up the field.

Strength, still holding at 85kg bench, 90kg squat (medial side of my right knee still fairly pained), 60kg row, 130kg deadlift, 55kg OHP for reps. 

Peace

I'd say, nothing wrong with thinking like a rugger... when you're allowed to tackle them.

Good to see you're having a positive effect on the younger generation though!

Never'd run a 10k. It's bad enough that I get roughly 5k in every time I do those damn circuits. I personally think that anything higher is pure insanity, if done voluntarily.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

The 'not as bad for you' LSD Loren. Not so good either.

Friday 19 april

20 minute LSD

2*20 wide push ups

Mon 22 april

Ohp

5*20

5*30

5*40

3*5*57.5kg

Dead lift

10*30

5*50

3*70

3*90

3*110

5*120kg

Young fella made 47.5kg squat 27.5kg OHP and 40kg dead lift. Weighs in around 78kgs

Just spent my last hour crunching all the numbers from the Hammer Bros thread and 2 things:

can't find my training from day 1 around Aug 2011 so I'm missing my actual start numbers and newbie gains

and

it is disappointing to see all the muddling around at these same weights in cycles, bench climbs to 100 slides back to 80. Squat gets to 120 back down to 90. Repeat ad infinitum.

:( it doesn't help when you spend a fair amount of time hurt/busy with other things.

You've also spent a lot of time looking for a schedule that fits your lifestyle, which also hasn't been super static over the last couple years.

Trust me, it took me a couple years of messing about before I figured out something that works myself...

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

You're a good bloke AJ. It was an insightful revelation to have. Much to learn I have.

I'll get a nice line graph up after brekky with a guesstimate at my starting numbers as an initial point.

I also LOLed a few times at the shenanigans in the old thread, funny times