Pat G's Battle Log (now with added Pie)

Dead lifts. Yeah. They were nasty. I picked those problems. 2 stage and horizontal stay. I tried fixing it on my 170kg pull, more vertical back but got pinned. Needs lighter rep work.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

0 - 7

That was Saturday's score. Nuff said

Monday 20 May

Recovery day

Squat

5 * 50kg

5 * 70kg

4 * 90kg

4 * 90kg

4 * 90kg

Row

10 * 50kg

OHP

10 * 30kg

10 * 40kg

10 * 45kg

8 * 45kg

Shrugs

10 * 70

10 * 70

I have the exact same problem with deadlifts, especially if I take time off from them.  I just re-started doing them a week or so ago, and last week did a bunch of reps at low weight from the top/in reverse, to practice breaking the hips and keeping my back right.  I think I'll do more of those for a while. 

You should start choaching the bros at your gym Kats. Solid form building skillz.

Wed 22 may

Bench

10*40

8*57.5

5*77.5

4*90

4*95

Row

10*30

10*52.4

10*52.5

10*52.5

French press.

Knee and Back feel good

Monday 27 May 2013

Squat

10*50kg

5*70kg

7*78.5kg (Young fella hit bodyweight today zBOYAH)

5*90kg

5*100kg

Close grip bench

R shoulder not so good. 

5*40kg

5*50kg

10*60kg

10*60kg

Rows

10*40kg

10*55

10*55

10*55

Barbell Curl, wrist curl front and back @20kg: 25, 25

Good to know the young fella can now squat/carry you should you do something unadvisable to yourself at the gym :P

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Clarification: his bodyweight not mine. I'd be a stick if I were that light. Use me to play fetch with your dog. 

Soccer training in the rain. Good stuff, knee held up alright without the brace. 

Lets do it. Depending on what sort of dog you find.

Bench

10 @ 50kg close grip

10 @ 65kg close grip

5 @ 80kg

5 @ 90kg

5 @ 95kg

OHP

10 @ 30kg

10 @ 40kg

5 @ 50kg

5 @ 60kg

3 @ 65kg

2 @ 65kg

Squat

10 @ 30kg

5 @ 50kg

5 @ 70kg

5 @ 90kg

5 @ 102.5kg

1 @ 102.5kg

Should i go in for another challenge? What do i want?

hrmmm I'm on another Halo kick, just finished Halo 4 and Halo Wars...Die... Don't you know spartans never die?

Halo kick to the point where i thought i'd be able to build a set of Mjolnir armour? lol. Where are my engineer nerd mates when i need them.

WHat does Pat want to do:

GET A JOB YOU LAZY SONOFAGUN

Get 2014 rugby ready, faster, fitter(?), fuller

Nail this last 12 weeks of uni

Teach my kids something awesome.

Oh Halo. I've always had Ps3 as opposed to Xbox so I was always more into COD :)

When DOES your season occur again? Think you mentioned it some eons ago.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Maintenance Wednesday 5 June

Squat

5* 85

7 *85

7 *85

OHP

10*

10 * 40

10 * 47.5

10 * 47.5

10 * 47.5

Dead lift

7 * 50

7 * 70

10 * 90

Getting my butt down as I start my pull, shins and back feel close to vertical and uncomfortable. Video to come tomorrow with different set ups.

Oh yeah. My 74 year old dad is a WARRIOR. I had 90kgs on the bar working through TPW's working dead lift set. He comes into the garage, looks at him pulling it grinding up his shins. Looks at me, asks "Is that heavy" to TPW and proceeds to pick it up cold without any hitching.

First time he's ever touched a weight. O.o

Sounds like he's got a case of 'old man strength'.

As the body matures and settles into it's size, stuff re-organizes into more efficient/strong pathways that just naturally make most old guys stronger.

Just remember, that'll be you one day ;)

Old man strength, old mechanic farmer man strength. 

Friday 7 June 2013

Squat

7 x 87.5kg

7 x 87.5kg

8 x 87.5kg

Close grip

4 x 65kg

push ups: 10

something shoulder that MWOD hasn't fixed yet...

Cold?!?! You call 15-ish degrees cold????

No wonder I despise our weather lately! We've been the same as you but we're supposed to be smack in the middle of summer :/

How are you liking the volume squats? I think I'm going to go low weights/high reps once I get back in the swing of squats. At least until I know my knees and back aren't doing anything wonky.

YES that is cold!!! This is Australia remember? Yesterday was our first seriously cold day, up untill then the days have been still warm and sunny, and only the nights cold. 

Yeah I'm about to put the young fella (TPW) on a more of a mass gaining program at his request. So I thought I'd better get some time under the bar, don't want him getting stronger/bigger than me right now. It seems my knee is responding kindly to the extra running and strain that soccer puts it under, no longer sore after plain old squats. FTW!

I thought lurker was appropriate, considering I'm hardly posting in any threads these days. I can't find my shiny buttons to change my under title from "Marrior WOd" to "Lurker Mod" though...

Cold?!?! You call 15-ish degrees cold????

No wonder I despise our weather lately! We've been the same as you but we're supposed to be smack in the middle of summer :/

How are you liking the volume squats? I think I'm going to go low weights/high reps once I get back in the swing of squats. At least until I know my knees and back aren't doing anything wonky.

This past week has averaged 15 degrees and rain in Canada. We're suppooooooosed to be like mid twenties and beautiful. When did we become England?