Pat G's Battle Log (now with added Pie)

Google tells me its 12°C here... feels so much colder than that. Damn you winter. 

Busy freaking out today about a forensic project analysis thats due next Thurs... aaaaagh, so not much of a training session. 

Squats

2x10x40 warmups, so so cold in my garage. 

Rows

5*30

7*50

7*55

6*60

4*65

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Friday 14th June

1RM day for TPW

Squat: 110kg

Bench: 85kg

Dead lift: 120kg

Me

Squats

10x 60 for warmth

Dead lift

5 x 50kg

5 x 80kg

5 x 100kg

5 x 110kg

5 x 115kg

5 x 120kg

Trying to get my rear end closer to the ground. Taken my shoes off to get rid of the heel, can't get my shins to the bar without lifting my heels, even when i set up a bit further away (over the toes not laces), smacks of poor ankle/calf flexibility, mobbed it and tried again, slightly better. Anyone know any good exercises for that?

Have a look at young fella pulling 120 for a massive PR.

I can feel I've dropped in weight over the past couple of weeks. Stress + lack of proper eating = Skinny Pat. On Sunday I think I had some cereal + a packet of 2 min noodles and an egg. LIFT YOUR GAME

I'll find batteries and check it on my Wii Fit (nerd cred restored?)

My youngest girl turned 3 today. Having a family party. Some guys came out to my garage wanting to lift.

So

Thurs 20 june 2013

Dead lift

1*50

1*70

1*90

1*110

1*140

1*145

1*170

1*180 PR

I was bloody impressed, a month ago for the last NF lifting comp, i barely got 165 or 170 off the ground. Bit of a setup change and bang. 

Talking of impressive, was my mates 13 yr old son, pulled 95kg. jaw dropping

Trying a bit of a mass building program on young fella (at his request) I found in FIT. 2 days in, don't really like it, useless exercise like calf raises on day one irritated me. Sure, more volume, but less strenuous, I just don't like it. Starting to scour local shops/site for an oly bar and some bumpers

Friday 28/06/2013

Did the Dog Days of Summer Deadlift Challenge

with a 1RM of 180kg 

made it to halfway through rung 7... absolute carnage it was. Vision blacked out and it all got fuzzy after rep 5 of 10 of 130kg. STREWTH

I've only just picked myself off the soaking wet muddy lawn and had a shower to start studying. 

Edit: have been working on my ankle/calf flexibility this whole week, working on increasing that range of movement for a better base on learning the overhead squat/clean/press etc. 

If it includes calf raises, I won't include it. As far as mass building programs go however, you would be looking more at bodybuilder, high rep style workouts. 

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Monday 1 July 2013

Beach run instead of soccer practice. 

3.79 kilometres over 36 minutes, stopping at the first 2 kay marks for a break and talk. 

Peace

Monday 8 July 

MORNING

Squats

10*30kg

10*50kg

10*60kg

10*70kg

NIGHT

Soccer practice, 2 hrs: 10 min light yog, footwork, ball handling drills, defensive drills, 40 minute game- attack VS defence. 

Friday 27 july

Oh it is so good to be eating and lifting properly again. Nice and sore this morning. Is good to be back after all that uni businesses.

Squat

10 * 30

10 * 40

10 * 50

10 * 50

Front squat

10 * 50

Pull over

3 * 10 * 22.5

Curls

10 * 20

3 * 10 * 25

Tuesday

Mustered cattle on foot (normal team is tractor and motorbike, but didn't have any more petrol for the bike) started 9:30am- finished 11:30am, elevation change from bottom of the property to the top is 50m+, with some serious steep bits with latitude lines tight as a tiger , ergo lots of up and downhill running chasing down strays and cutting off escapes... I'm knackered.

Wednesday 31 July study break

Warmup

6 mins running at 10kph

Hamstring and calf stretches

Ankle stretch with 30kg held for 2 min.

Training

HB Squat

5*30

5*40

Ankle stretch @50kg for 30 seconds. Padding requested for future endeavours

5*50

5*60

2*5*80

Shoulder front and lateral raises, Rotator cuff exercise laying and standing: 5kg bells

Determined lack of ROM still in right shoulder in tested movements

Hammer curls

2*5*22.5kg bells

Tuesday

Mustered cattle on foot (normal team is tractor and motorbike, but didn't have any more petrol for the bike) started 9:30am- finished 11:30am, elevation change from bottom of the property to the top is 50m+, with some serious steep bits with latitude lines tight as a tiger , ergo lots of up and downhill running chasing down strays and cutting off escapes... I'm knackered.

This is awesome :)