Pat G's Battle Log (now with added Pie)

Don't have a gym outside my garage right now. I'll go there for a few sessions and see. Funny how ego still pops up, told them I'd been lifting on and off for 2 years, but was hesitant to tell them my numbers and then packed it out with excuses LOL. Didn't think it'd worry me.

Sat 7 dec

Curls

4 x 10 x 37.5kg

Barbell rows

10 x 30kg

4 x 5 x 50kg

Dumbbell OHP

3 x 10 x 20kg ea

Calf raises

4 x 10 x 90

RDL

7 x 90kg

4 x 10 x 85kg

Mon 9 dec

Squat

10 x 30kg

10 x 50kg

3 x 10 x 65kg

Gassed

Dips

Wed 11 dec

Squat

5 x 30kg

5 x 50kg

5 x 5 x 80kg

Bench

3 x 5 x 80kg

Stoked at this, not pressing for months and months it was good to see

Lat pull down

10 x 25kg

10 x 35kg

4 x 10 x 45kg

Sent with/by my phone thing

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Recording all my sessions on my tablet. Will update when I get on the laptop.

If I didn't already say, got myself a job delivering pallets of seafood, 4am starts over summer. Adjusting to tbe fatigue of the early waking times.

Training has been consistent just keeping the volume down and making sure I acually get into the garage and do something.

I wonder how team c is doing in the warrior challenge

Haha, they are all on my tablet, but who really wants to see the same old numbers over and over again.

What i did do that i haven't done in a while is: 

Squat

5 x 3 x 100kg

Heavy as across the shoulders, but it was alright, form didn't disintegrate like i though might happen. Have a bit of a sticking point as i get about 2/3rds to 3/4s of the way up, heavy sets are always like that.

Bought some wrist straps for RDLS and a cheapo 20kg olympic bar which needs maintenance... Now i just need to get some weights that'll fit.

updated with my 2014 goals instead of continually bombing out of challenges. 

2014 GOALS

2014 fitness goals will be about reclaiming lost strength and gaining more speed and endurance, best of both worlds. I know muh gainz will suffa but... *shrug* shuddup ah ya face.

Get bodyweight settled at 100kg+. Currently hovering at 97kg

Squat 1.5x(150kg) bodyweight for 3x5. Currently lifting: 100kg

Bench 1x bodyweight (100kg) for 3x5. Currently lifting: 60kg

OHP 0.8x bodyweight (80kg) for 3x5. Currently lifting: 50kg

STOP EATING MACCAS. Currently eating it: TOO MUCH

Tag on 10 mins conditioning every second training session. Currently doing: less than that.

Workin in on the farm today. Need to get these 25 60kg boxes up on that rack overhead.

Boot up big fella, you'll be pulling 125kg bales of hay for five sets of five too.

I had 3 pie face pies for lunch today. So very good after a long morning workin.

Someone get a sharp knife and a cutting board, will be using some ginger on today's serving of squats ever since our last back blow out. 

More pie for driving brekky today, cold leftover pie FTW

No official weights lifted this few days. 3am starts this week are slowing me up, slooowwww m.o ..ooo..tii.....on .

Tyvm overtime, but why do you have to be so brutal

Ginger is the word 60kg for 3 x 5.

Got a conditioning session in this morn, hand stacked 4 pallets of seafood from one van into another, on a hill, on the shoulder of a freeway.

That being said, the combo of long hrs in the drivers seat and moving many 20kg+ boxes all day isn't the best for my mobility. ..whoda thunk it

Let me know how the Kilgore one is. Been meaning to read more of his stuff.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Let me know how the Kilgore one is. Been meaning to read more of his stuff.

I find his writing a bit dry, as I found reading FIT, my fault not his. He throws in nuggets of gold every now and then, humour and lifting specific knowledge which always pique my interest. First 100 pages is a broooaaad intro on basic biology and anatomical concepts; Joint types; muscle composition; levers; movement type; "anatomical function and the foot-shoe interface" he diverges and talks about Hussar mounted troops and Romans.

To be continued... looking forward to digesting the rest of it slowly, even the parts that don't immediately strike me as having something to do with strength training.

Ate a bacon and chicken stew for lunch. Had a 2 hr nap. Ready to train courtesy of reading some uplifting threads from Zarklin and Schmopey.

500 grams beef mince for lunch w/ diced tomatoes onion and cucumber.

Squatz

10 x 30kg

10 x 40kg

8 x 50kg

6 x 60kg

3 x 5 x 65kg

Then lunch. Then cutting up tyres for my lifting platform build.

Yesterday Wed 23 Jul

OHP

10 x 20kg

8 x 30kg

7 x 35kg

5 x 40kg

3 x 5 x 45kg.

Taking it easy.

Downloaded the zombies! run app, we shall see if it does indeed get me running

Lifting platform build? You little tease you.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Maybe?

Yes!

Lifting platform build? You little tease you.

Ultimate tease.... slowly slowly, piece by piece.

Unfortunately, along with the pullup bars/dip station/farmers handles I've been meaning to weld, its pretty low on my priority list, behind a 3 room extension I should have finished last year, before bubs arrival. O.o .

The bonus of all the construction is plenty of materials to work with for other projects.

Hit you with some photos next time I work on it.

Yesterday

Dead lift

10 x 50kg

7 x 70kg

5 x 100kg

3 x 5 x 115kg

Today

So little time...

Grabbed the 10kg plates with handles and used them like kbs.

Superset: OHP, Curls, bent Rows, Front squat, 10 reps each movement. Did it 4 times through.

Yesterday

5 sets of 25 pushups throughout the day, reading supple leopard and was trying out kstar's form for them, turns out the hands screwing into the floor is good for my shoulders, but for some strange reason, tires me out a lot quicker.

Base coated the bathroom, square set the corners, all ready for waterproofing this arvo.

COC, Earned the clan 3 extra stars over 2 attacks. First guy just annoyed me, attacking our bottom 2 guys. 2nd guy, used too many loons, not enough support troops to get the 100%

Going to eat 500g of beef when I get home from work and train.

A CoC update in your log? Love it.

500 / 330 / 625