Hi everybody,

Typical story here, I got into the mood of making resolutions with the new year and started thinking, resolutions are dumb.  There are so many things that I want to change and I know trying to commit to them all was only going to end up in failure.  I started searching habit change and how to things, I am trying to prepare myself for quitting smoking.  I have tried a couple times before and right when I was starting to feel proud of myself I just fell off, for no good reason either.  Same thing has gone for being fit and healthy.  I have dropped weight in the past and once I got close to my goal something causes me to relaps into old behavior.  So I stumbled upon this site and found myself reading everything and finding it made total sense.  I wasn't going to jump into fourm at all but I thought, If i'm gonna do this I need to fully commit.  Having people to talk to and share goals and progress might just be what I need to keep myself on track.  My goal this month, to get into the habit of eating better and stretching daily.  Monday I will move onto my first actual workouts and by the end of the month I hope to be in a routine so I can prepare myself a plan for cutting out the smoking.  For me I think baby steps are key, really focusing on one thing at a time.  In conclusion, I just want to say I am happy I am here and I look forward to making some friends on this journey.

Hi!  I'm a Danielle too.  I'm new to the forums but have been doing this fitness/healthy eating thing for a couple years now.  I think you have an awesome plan with the baby steps.  I've tried and failed with getting into shape and losing weight until this time around when I decided to change little things.  Each time a little thing became a habit, I changed another little thing.  If you ever need support, feel free to reach out to me :)

Danielle, Level 2 Forest Nymph Adventurer

STR 6.5 | DEX 2 | STA 4+1 | CON 9 | WIS 6+1 | CHA 3+1

Inventory: 5 silver pieces, a free dinner (full of vegetables), shiny belt of Endurance, Babel Fish

Challenges: 1 2

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"

Background | MFP

That's exactly the way to do things, dive in!  There is a 6-week challenge starting on Monday.  I expect the information sheet to be posted later today, but you can look at the info sheet for the last one to get the idea and be thinking about what you want to accomplish over the next 6 weeks.  The challenge is a great way to commit to concrete goals and plans - and report on your progress.  Welcome to the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

From your post if you want to start on stretching and then move into other kinds of working out I would suggest you join the druids for the next challenge and do some Yoga to start out with. That will help you get more flexible and prepare you for other kinds of activity. That's what I'm doing this challenge, my back got tight last challenge so I'm stretching it out this time so I can get back to lifting without hurtingh myself worse.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath