And I would walk 500 miles...

DaveSix

Guess I'm a scout again.  My main goal for the year is to walk 500 miles (like the song  :smug:) and get back down to single digit body fat.

For this challenge...

GOAL #1 - Lose at least 10 lbs.  I'm currently right at 150 and I'd like to get back down below 140 by the end of the challenge.

GOAL #2 - Walk at least 10 miles per week.  Along with fairly low-carb diet, this should help with Goal #1 .  I'll also continue doing some body weight strength training.

GOAL #3 - Come up with at least 1 new recipe per week.  Haven't come up with anything new culinary-wise for a few months so I'd like to try some new dishes.

(I actually started on goals #1 and #2 on 1/1/13.  Walked 10 miles so far and down 2.8 lbs.  :)

Great goals, make sure to share your recipes, there are many of us constantly looking for good, tasty and healthy cooking.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Uh-oh. Proclaimers earworm!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I love The Proclaimers!  I am going to see them in April.  Good luck with your goals.  You got this!

“Somehow the killing of this giant spider, all alone by himself in the dark . . . made a great difference to Mr. Baggins. He felt a different person, and much fiercer and bolder in spite of an empty stomach, as he wiped his sword on the grass and put it back into its sheath. ‘I will give you a name,’ he said to it, ‘and I shall call you Sting.’ â€

The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien

Just made this week's new recipe.  Pan-roasted chicken (thighs) with maple mustard dill sauce.

maplemustarddillchicken_zps3fa42498.jpg

I cut up about a pound of chicken thighs and sprinkled them with a little salt/pepper.  I sautéed the chicken on medium heat until they were cooked, then removed them from the pan.  Next, I sautéed some chopped shallots until they browned.  Then, I added the sauce which is a mixture of 1/4 cup of (sugar-free) maple syrup, 3 Tbsp honey mustard, 1/2 tsp dill, 1/2 tsp orange zest (very fragrant!),  After heating the sauce for a minute, I added the chicken back in to coat.

Fairly quick and easy.  Made 3 servings.  Had it with french-cut green beans with shredded merlot cheese.

Walked 1.5 miles every day this week so far.  Also reading The Hobbit on my phone while I stationary bike (mornings/evenings).  Had my favorite meal for dinner last night.... brussell sprouts sautéed in bacon fat, onion, garlic, chicken stock with a grilled steak (and some wine).  Down 2 lbs since Saturday morning...

I made more new recipes tonight.  Parmesan shrimp and roasted wax beans.

parmshrimp-waxbeans_zpsf4ba80c6.jpg

Parmesan Shrimp - mix 1 lb of peeled shrimp with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt & pepper.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Mix together 1/4 breadcrumbs (I used Ritz crackers) and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.  Coat shrimp in breadcrumb mixture and place on pan.  Cook for 12 minutes on 450 degrees.

Roasted Wax Beans - coat 1 lb of wax beans with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, salt & pepper.  Roast in 450 degree over for 12 minutes.  Mix together 2 tsp soy sauce, 1/4 tsp grated ginger, 3/4 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp Splenda brown sugar, and 2 tsp of chopped, fresh cilantro leaves.  Coat roasted wax beans in mixture.

Delicious!

I've been walking 10 miles+ per week.  Current weight is 148.  Made another new dinner tonight.

I marinated six thinly sliced chicken breasts for 24 hours and grilled them.

grilledchicken_zps7da88bc4.jpg

Marinade

Juice from one orange plus orange zest

1 Tbsp lemon juice

1 Tbsp lime juice

1 Tbsp honey

1 Tbsp olive oil

Very tender, juicy, and delicious!  Had the chicken with green bean almondine.

great progress and delicious food! kudos!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Yet another new chicken recipe tonight.

Plum Good Chicken

plumgoodchicken_zps61318f94.jpg

Cooked 1 lb of chicken breasts and removed from pan.  Then, I boiled a mixture of 2 Tbsp plum sauce, 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar.  Then, added the chicken back to coat with sauce and cook a little longer.  Garnish with chopped green onion.  My 4 year old thought it was "Fantastic!".  :)

Still walking every day (even though it's bitterly cold out!).

Made a new dinner tonight... Grilled teriyaki chicken with some Cauliflower Supreme.  Pretty tasty.

teriyakichicken-cauliflowersupreme_zps74

I love teriyaki chicken- that looks so yummy!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Da lat da (Da lat da), da lat da (Da lat da)

Da-da-da dun-diddle un-diddle un-diddle uh da-da

Awesome job! Keep up the awesome progress. The only issue I see with this program is that if you were to actually listen to the song while walking, it might be hard to stay at a sustainable pace. I don't think I could. :)

Indeed.  Actually, I've discovered LibriVox.org and I've been listening to Sherlock Holmes novels (Hound of the Baskervilles currently).

All the food you have posted looks so good

Thanks. :)

I made grilled orange ginger salmon tonight.

orangegingersalmon_zps798f7c62.jpg

Marinated the salmon in a ziplock with 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp grated ginger, and 1 tsp minced garlic.  Then, grilled the salmon for about 10 minutes until flaky.  Quick and delicious! :)

Not making nearly as much progress on weight loss as I'd hoped (eating too much bad food on the weekends.).  Currently 147 lbs.  I've walked 53 miles since January 1st.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines