I graduated!

So, I disappeared from NF in August...which is when my semester started.  I couldn't keep a 40 hour job, 9 hours of classes and a social life without some things falling by the wayside...that which fell by the wayside was my internet time and World of Warcraft, which I plan to pick up again once I can afford Mists of Pandaria :)

But I did it.  I graduated!  I've had a lot of trouble getting through college and have been trying, then failing, then trying again since 1994.  It's not that I'm not smart enough for the classes.  It's that my psychological problems were worse than I realized.  Since I have been on Wellbutrin, I've been able to do so many things so much easier.  And, although this semester wasn't easy, I manged to actually get good grades in all 3 classes and get my bachelor's degree.  I'm actually a college graduate!  I'm still in a bit of shock over that!

And I didn't completely fall off the diet and fitness wagon either.  I'm at 218 (up from 214 mainly due to the holidays), and am starting to count calories and exercise again with renewed vigor.  My weight in August at the beginning of the challenge I abandoned when I got caught up in school again, was 226.

In November 2011, I was unmedicated and depressed, and I bought a corset (I'm a goth girl...corsets are actually a normal part of my wardrobe).  My waist then was 43".  I was 240 lbs.  Today, at 218, I have a 38" waist, and, of course, had to buy a new corset recently.

I'm ready for 2013!  I'm going to end this year stronger than ever, and my first goal of the year is to be under 200 lbs for my birthday in 16 weeks!  I can do this!

"What you want is irrelevant; what you've chosen is at hand." - Spock

Very cool that you graduated! You're story is very close to my own. Been trying to finish for the past ten years. It's awesome to see that it can be done! Very encouraging. Good luck on the rest of your goals! Again, Congratulations 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!