Red's Take on Level Grinding

Red1263

OK So I was supposed to workout yesterday, but one of my bros came home early from not being selected to be on the Jury, so we celebrated with food, and CoD Zombie games! So I was fighting vitural zombies instead of working out. Which means I had to work out today! And without Further ado...

ABW circuit with modifications:

• 100 Jumping jacks as the Warmup
  • 10 at Shrimp Pistols, I'm getting lower, and somehow haven't kissed the ground yet
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Walking Lunges (couldn't do Step-ups because of lack of bench)
  • 2 set of Pull-ups (6 & 4) with 30 sec break
  • 10 Dips
  • 2 sets of 5 Chin-ups with 30 sec break
  • 1 set of 7 1-armed inclined Pushups (each arm; My arms were too shaky to do another set)
  • 1-arm 1-leg Plank for 37 seconds for R-arm/L-leg; L-arm/R-leg, I got 23 seconds as seen here: plank_5794_16.jpg (R-arm/L-leg time will be used for PVP)
  • Stretching

So I've gotta say that I'm getting better at this (got past 2 seconds on the plank)! I just looked up the Shrimp Squat again, and I learned that I was supposed to touch the ground and go back up D'oh! I'll make sure I do them right next time!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

It's crazy that 100 jumping jacks counts as a warmup, that'd be a solid workout for me, I think. Congrats on making progress, it always feels great when you realize you're getting better at something.

Oh yeah ^_^;; I was in a program that made me do 100 Jumping jacks for a warm up and I guess I've been sticking to it ever since, although I should switch to Jump rope or something, that's seems to be more intense for me. Thanks!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

100 jumping jacks oO' *faints*

Last time I did jumping jacks I destroyed something in my shoulder and it hurted for weeks, I am way too scared to try them again so 100 of them is pure madness for me! I like jumping rope though :x

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Man, I didn't realize It's been more than 3 days since I last exercised. My body is weak from this unexpected break! and my exercising felt tougher than before.

ABW circuit with modifications:

• 100 Jumping jacks as the Warmup
  • 10 at (shaky, nearly falling over, struggling) Shrimp Pistols, MAN! These were DIFFICULT this time, I realized that I was doing them wrong before, now that I'm doing them right, I barely got them!
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Walking Lunges (couldn't do Step-ups because of lack of bench)
  • 2 set of Pull-ups (6 & 4) with 30 sec break
  • 10 Dips
  • 2 sets of 5 Chin-ups with 30 sec break
  • 1 set of 5 1-armed inclined Pushups (each arm; Now using the seat of a chair)
  • 1-arm 1-leg Plank for 35 seconds for R-arm/L-leg; L-arm/R-leg, I got 28 seconds
  • 30 Jumping Jacks
  • Stretching

I realize now that I haven't been posting the heights of the levels of what I'm doing my 1-arm Push-ups on, other than this time, I've been using a counter top that was 32 inches in height, the chair now is roughly 16-19 inches, so it's half of the previous heights, which would explain the level of difficulty, but I'm that much closer to the ground and closer to completing 1-arm push-ups.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I realize now that I haven't been posting the heights of the levels of what I'm doing my 1-arm Push-ups on, other than this time, I've been using a counter top that was 32 inches in height, the chair now is roughly 16-19 inches, so it's half of the previous heights, which would explain the level of difficulty, but I'm that much closer to the ground and closer to completing 1-arm push-ups.

Almost there! You got these! Have you tried doing any at ground level lately? You might already have one there.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Not sure if you have access to dip bars, but weighted dips are an excellent addition to the work up to the one-arm push-up.  I hurt my back last challenge and couldn't do push-ups at all because of the strain.  Switched over to weighted dips and hit the one-arm by the end of the challenge without having trained the actual movement for more than a week.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

As Red kept wandering the fields of Coneria, wandering in circles for hours, days, weeks. Fighting Goblin after Goblin, gaining point after point of Experience, and with each Goblin slain more and more experience goes to that new level. So far, 2,093 Goblins have been slain and Red is facing more...

*Random Battle Theme*

Imp.gifX 4 VS Fighter.gif

"Get 'im!!" The Imp squeaks causing the 3 to attack simultaneously, Red, with sword already drawn, makes one fell swoop and all three fall around him. "2,094... 2,095... 2,096..." Red says to himself, "I wonder how many more I should fight before I head back to town." "Oi! We're not done wit' chu!!" A deeper, but still squeaky, voice yells from behind him. "Huh?"

GreyImp.gif X 3 VS Fighter.gif

"Well now, this ought to be interes--" "GET 'IM!!" The Grey Imps yell, catching Red by surprize, O.o "Uh oh!" All 3 Grey Imps land on him dropping him to the floor, one Grey Imp grabs his arm as the other two are trying to pin him down by grabbing his legs. With 1 arm, Red tries to push himself up (Goal #1), gets about half way as the Imps weight combined prove to be too much. The Imps cackle and laugh as they pull out their daggers and start stabbing Red. "GAH! That's it!" Red grabs one Imp that's on his leg and moves his freed leg underneath him, he tries to stand using the one leg (Goal #2) When he gets upright, Red pulls out his sword and slashes one Grey Imp down. However the other two Grey Imps bit the arm holding the sword and Red drops it just a few feet from him. All 3 look at the sword and try to scramble for it! One Grey Imp grabs Red's Left leg causing him to fall over, while the other was grabbed by Red's Right Arm, keeping him in place while Red tries to reach for it with his other arm (Goal #3) "Grr... I know! That calls upon us, by the grace of Grace, We will perform in measure, time and place: So, thanks to all at once and to each one, Whom we invite to see us crown'd at Scone." The two Grey Imps stop confused at what Red said, using their momentary hesitation, Red frees his arm and leg, rolls towards his sword and slashes the two Grey Imps down! "Whew! That was a bit closer than I thought! What was the count again? 2,097... 2,098... 2,099... Hey, wait, I'm missing one!" Out from the bushes a single Imp makes a desperate attempt from behind, Red without even looking splits the Imp in two, "2,100!"

Goals:

1. 1-Arm Push-ups - On the final day, I did 3 attempts with each arm and with both arms I only got half-way with each arm, that's half of the goal intended, so half of the points will be awarded.  Str +1.5
  2. Shrimp Squats - After initially doing them improperly, I've found that I could only do the Beginner version, in where I wouldn't grab my leg but I was still able to do at least 10 reps so the Str points will be awarded but only half of the Dex points because I couldn't do the proper leg-grabbing version. Str +2 Dex +1
  3. 1-Arm 1-Leg Plank - The hardest part of this was the balancing, other than that it pretty much felt like a regular plank, so Dex points will be awarded, but when I attempted it today, I didn't last very long, so I'll take away 1 Sta point. Dex +2 Sta +2
  4. Reading Macbeth - I finished it 3 days ago, it was really interesting, the ending is not as confusing as the beginning, but I've gotta admit, the language is something else. But all that aside, goal completed all Wis points awarded! Wis +3

I've realized that there were days when I didn't take every opportunity to exercise when I had a chance to, so that's something to think about for the next challenge. Granted, there will always be things in the way, but I should be more opportunistic about it. In either case, This challenge went well!

Total: 2 + 3 + 3.5 + 4 = 80% B

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Love your wrap-up as usual. And gratz for your challenge, 80% is really good!

Ha ha, thanks Nuala, helps satisfies my creative side as well as my Final Fanatical side!

80% ain't bad at all, way to go!!! And I hear ya about trying to take the opportunity to exercise when you've got it, that's something I want to work on in the next challenge too.

Yeah, it's something you'd think wouldn't be a problem until you realize it's the end of the week and you haven't done anything :P

It always takes me a bit to get into Shakespeare.  I spend the first half saying "Huh?" a lot and then find myself getting into it as I go on.

Nice challenge!

I know! It's only AFTER 3-4 pages that I realize that the 5th guy is talking about something the 1st guy did. Thanks!

Congratulations bro! You killed those imps! Can't wait to see who your fight the next challenge.

Heh heh, I have a feeling this next one is going to be a doozy!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines