• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Unikarm

Unikarm Tames her Gutsy issues

I hear you on interviews and getting work.

Have you read articles on interviews and the like?  I've never actually seen a points system hiring process.

What sort of things do they give points for?

I hear you on interviews and getting work.

Have you read articles on interviews and the like?  I've never actually seen a points system hiring process.

What sort of things do they give points for?

eye contact smile...did i give precise examples and details. things like that. i think the points is from 1 to 4 or 5

I hate job interviews.  You are my hero for continuing to work away at them.  Hang in there, miss!  It will get better.  Just keep going one step at a time.

Got the e-mail today...didn't get the job...but i'm going ot keep trying.

however right now i'm just going to be the home body i am and clean....and eat potatos and eggs.....add spinach and bacon too.

I worked one summer as an assembler at Lowes, great job for an introvert. I was in the back, didn't deal with customers and I put stuff together all day long. Usually grills, but sometimes other stuff. I felt bad for the floor people, the store's wages weren't great for all they were expected to do. Good luck on the interviews.

OH MY GOD I FOUND GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE RANCH DRESSING!!!!!!! AAAAHHH

i am now more confident than eve than can go gluten and dairy free for my stomach issues....paleo is the ultimate goal but i cannot give up ranch.

also i have an interview tomarrow for the Library...if i get it i have a feeling i'll be working with people twice my age but oh well. and i finally have a dr. appoitntment for for my stomach issues as well. i'm gong to aske for a blood test.

50f4a0b2dfe49_P1140002.jpg

Cool!

If you keep moving forward like that things have no other options than working out just fine!

Libraries are cool places!

Good luck!

Now to play the waiting game for the library job.

Revamped goals a bit.

yesterday i tried makeing a quiche type thing is the crock pot, i used italian sausage and 3 eggs and spinach and then put in some vanilly almond milk for a type of thickener i guess because i only had 3 eggs............BLECK!!! oh my god is was os gross and smelled bad too. i think i'll just nix the meat in my quiche and the milk...ugghhck. it went down the garbage disposal.

been eating bread and i've felt sick all week.....i'm um....i'm in denial.

No pilates at all...been too tired and sick cause of the bread.

i hope my dr. appointment goes well........however they'll probably tell me what i already know....but i'll play dumb anyway.

well the library has started calling my referances. that'sa good thing. and i've put in for pharmacy technician at the hospital (i went to college for pharmacy technician) i need to call walmart.

and i found the quinoa is yummy and much easier to cook than brown rice.

I just read steve free e-book about us newbies mistakes.

I am a scale watcher- i get on the scale almost everyday and when the number randomly goes up i get depressed. There was even one time i was 198!! i was SOOO happy i broke 200. then the next day, 202...Sad. so i go and eat cheetoes and bread and sit a play Mass Effect or watch Brave. i figure it must be excess poop in my guts because of my digestive issues....which i'm hoping i'll find out what my issues are on the jan- 31st-2013.

I am also an Underpants Gnome, Yup---i love researching diets!!! i've been doing it for YEARS, South Beach (actually trew aways those books) mainly internet stuff, Skinny Bitch (read a few chapters at barns and noble), Some oraganic book that i donated. a tiny little bible diet mirco mag i stole from my mom (should give that back) Actually the best book i have is the Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. That book just makes sence to me and i'm not giving it up. I also have a hungry girl cook book that i'm thinking of giving to my cousin....maybe. ANND on top of all that i LOVE free stuff.

I have Marks Daily Apple free E-book and cook books (that's i'll never use) I have The Clothes Make the Girl free sample E-book of her Book "Well Fed" by Melissa Juelwan. I also have Nerd Fittnes free paleo e-book and of course the mistakes e-book. and not to mention the FODMAP diet research i got into to try and fix my digestive issues on my own. By the way i've never used of followed any of the information i got from all this reaserch. i'm stuck and phase 1!! I even just downloaded the Angry Birds Work out Work sheet because it seems easy to doing exercises through out the day and see how much i can do. I'VE NEVER EVEN PLAYED THE GAME!!!!

Eat Clean Diet Recharged By Tosca Reno makes perfect sense to me AND it's a flexible diet. if i have food intolerances, which bread seems to be a trigger (i'm hoping to find this out at my appointment) then i just don't have eat it!! and Paleo is Eating Clean ok it's just different word eliminates bread and starch. and junk food and sugar (see sounds clean to me)

So I am going to eat clean. I'm reading the book "again" and i will eat smaller meals, watch my portions sizes, stay away from sugar and "Anti-Foods".........blah blah blah JUST EAT CLEAN AND EXERCISE!!! Tosca Says which is what Steve Kamb says as well. sheesh

Phase 2 has been figured out

:)  Looks like reading Steve's new "newbie" book helped, then!  Glad to see you're slowly figuring things out.  And I don't know about where you live, but here the people who work in my public library are of assorted ages.  If I wasn't doing the job I do now, I would totally consider a library one -- getting to be mostly alone all day with books?  Part of my idea of heaven.  Good luck on the jobs you've applied for, and kudos for keeping yourself in the game!

:)  Looks like reading Steve's new "newbie" book helped, then!  Glad to see you're slowly figuring things out.  And I don't know about where you live, but here the people who work in my public library are of assorted ages.  If I wasn't doing the job I do now, I would totally consider a library one -- getting to be mostly alone all day with books?  Part of my idea of heaven.  Good luck on the jobs you've applied for, and kudos for keeping yourself in the game!

the library job was offered to someone else......gosh this is hard. i really want to avoid fast food jobs!! but looks like i just have to put out applications everywhere.

these this ast week and last week i've PURPOSLY eat bread and dairy and well, junk.....burgers, pizza, sandwhiches, chips, i'm makeing myself sick.....and bloated and uggh...i know i know i'm dumb!! but i'm doing it for the doctors appointment on the 31st. i'm hoping they'll find an allergy or something. (however i think tomarrow i'm going to fast on juice and water uggh...)

i guess this challege i've been more focussing on finding out whats wrong with my intestines, and getting a job.

i have however been lacing frozen spinach into my meals and such. and crock pot meals with carrot and potatos is yummy.

this week i've also been cleaning the house.......it really needed it. so i've been moving. not exercisng at all.

Yes, I'm afraid the blood tests for gluten intolerance will come out all wrong if you don't have gluten still in your diet. You shouldn't need to binge, but keeping it in your diet is important.

Making a food diary is a good idea prior to your appointment - write down what you ate each day, and when, and note the time and nature of possible related symptoms (headaches, stomach ache, cramps, diarrhoea).

For interviews, I've found it helps a lot with nerves if you have a few answers to stock questions planned in advance. You've been to a few, so you'll have noted by now some questions that come up repetitively. For example, you'll almost always have a question that's something like "Why do you want this job?". Always have something peppy sounded planned to answer. "I'd love this job because I really enjoy sales/libraries/working with people, and I think I have the skills necessary/commitment to learning/relevant work experience that will see me succeed in this position. I'm very keen to build a career in retail/library work, and I think this would be a great company to work for/really great work environment."

Retail will always ask about how you'd deal with problem/demanding customers, and how you go working under pressure. So slave over some answers, use examples as much as possible where you've successfully calmed someone down (e.g. if you have no retail experience, you could talk about another student you worked on a joint college/high school project with who gave everyone grief), or if you have absolutely no experience, it's OK to say that, but list your planned strategies. "I haven't had any experience working with difficult customers in the past, but I believe that a calm demeanour and a willingness to work with someone to solve their problems cooperatively will produce good results. It's best not to let yourself get riled up by someone, and I know it's important to maintain good customer relations at all times, even under stress."

And *practice* it, with a friend or boyfriend etc. Get some sample questions, write some sample answers, and roleplay an interview, until your answers just roll off the tongue naturally.

Great advice Athena!  It really does help to practice with someone.  And I recommend playing the role of interviewer as well.  It helps to get the perspective of the other person.  I became a much better interviewee after I had to conduct some interviews myself.

Doctor appointment today. maybe they'll FINALLy figure out what's wrong. and i swear if they say i have IBS and give me an anti spasm medication for my guts AGAIN, i'm going to slap them!!!

Doctor appointment today. maybe they'll FINALLy figure out what's wrong. and i swear if they say i have IBS and give me an anti spasm medication for my guts AGAIN, i'm going to slap them!!!

well i got a blood test for gluten allergy and corn and wheat and all that stuff, along with testing blood sugar and anemia and my gallbladder. test results should be in next week.

this doc doesn't think i have IBS. which makes me happy.

Good to hear you are happy with your doctor and the way things are going.  I have very strange food allergies, I have learned to live with it.  The positive aspect of this is that I have a good reason to put my health first.    I used to have a problem with saying no to people.  I don't know why I am telling you this :orange: , maybe to let you know that there might be a silver lining in the dark clouds of illness.

SO my blood work came back. and everything looks normal. No allergies at all. which i was shocked because i thought i'd be sensative to bread and dairy. NOPE. MCV levels was 0.4 point higher and carbon dioxide levels 1 point lower nothing ot worry about (i googled it and e-mailed my docotor) so that's a good thing...alls normal :joyous:

so next on the list the docotr said it might be my gallbladder which also makes sense...all the woman in my family has theirs out. or my digestive system just doesn't function right.............guess my issues arn't as serious as i thought.

Thats great news! :)

You'll find that if you stay consistent with your efforts to be healthy and don't overdo it, you'll feel significantly better over time!