• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Unikarm

Unikarm Tames her Gutsy issues

Hey Unikarm, that's great news!  Here's hoping you get it all sorted soon.

And if I'd known you were going to try it, I'd have warned you away from the tofu. *shudder* Evil stuff.  Any news on the job/job search front?

just tasted bad? I find there is bad tofu and there is good tofu... :) Mind you its not a favourite with the rest of the family!

i tried putting it in a stirfry

the texture is horrible too. like scorched scrambled eggs. it was awful.

Hey Unikarm, that's great news!  Here's hoping you get it all sorted soon.

And if I'd known you were going to try it, I'd have warned you away from the tofu. *shudder* Evil stuff.  Any news on the job/job search front?

i am curious if it's a good protein in smoothies....but if the smoothie ends up tasting that bad........with the same texture (but not fried) YUCK!!

and i'm still putting out applications for the job. we are really struggling money wise because i can't find a job.

i tried putting it in a stirfry

the texture is horrible too. like scorched scrambled eggs. it was awful.

Interesting, the worst I've had was a bit like what I would imagine a cardboard brick would taste like. I've also had some rather nice tofu too (particularly a smoked tofu I could get at a store near where we used to live). There are a few different kinds and some are just not suitable for stirfries... I actually do like tofu, but I know a lot of people who don't. Still I wouldnt let 1 bad experience put you off for life... but if you never like it, its not the end of the world. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu

althought i don't like doing it. i've been writeing down what i eat throughout the day and how my guts feel and if i'm gassy or poopy. it's only been 2 days. i've started logging in the time of when i eat and when i go to the bathroom.....i probably should start measureing what i eat too. and what i'm eating isn't all that healthy. lots of carbs. thought i'm still avoiding bread to a point and i don't drink milk. so i just have to be careful about what i eat. my blood tests say one thing but my guts say another

my blood test says i'm not lactose intolerant....which i found surprising.

but now i'm trying to get better insurance. and a job

Tracking can be very helpful to detect patterns. I used to say I didnt want to track what I eat and I have found it to be tremendously helpful. Good luck! :)

Yesterday i decided it would be a Paleo Day. and i did it!!

i made some green tea and let is steep. and then make scrambled eggs with onion and garlic powder with parsley and then sliced up half an avacodo.

the rest of the day i was cleaning I HAD ENERGY. i did't eat for hours. brush was at like 11 or 12 and then i made dinner at 6. Dinner was ground beef with cumin and onion powders with Broccoli and a can of crushed tomatos...kinda came out saucy or sloppy joe meat-ish. i had a scoop of that with the rest of my avacodo. and yes i've still been writing everything down (with pretty sharpies) about what i'm eating and how my stomach feels and when i go to the bathroom and how that feels too. (TMI TMI) my guts can get so full i gain weight....that's so gross....but i'm um...losing the weight again.

Today is going to be 99% Paleo....what!!!! it's VALENTINES DAY i'm going to eat chocolate :love-struck:  :D and you wonderful people should have a treat too

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :love_heart: 

Yesterday i decided it would be a Paleo Day. and i did it!!

i made some green tea and let is steep. and then make scrambled eggs with onion and garlic powder with parsley and then sliced up half an avacodo.

the rest of the day i was cleaning I HAD ENERGY. i did't eat for hours. brush was at like 11 or 12 and then i made dinner at 6. Dinner was ground beef with cumin and onion powders with Broccoli and a can of crushed tomatos...kinda came out saucy or sloppy joe meat-ish. i had a scoop of that with the rest of my avacodo. and yes i've still been writing everything down (with pretty sharpies) about what i'm eating and how my stomach feels and when i go to the bathroom and how that feels too. (TMI TMI) my guts can get so full i gain weight....that's so gross....but i'm um...losing the weight again.

Today is going to be 99% Paleo....what!!!! it's VALENTINES DAY i'm going to eat chocolate :love-struck:  :D and you wonderful people should have a treat too

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :love_heart: 

well my honey actually wanted peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches with chips today for dinner. so it wasn't 99% paleo....more like 50% i guess. my lunch was tuano cakes and avacado with green tea....then dinner, and chocolate and caramel mmmm

i already feel it hurting my stomach.

Unikarm

Druid- because i want to do things simply and eat Clean

Hips- 47"

Waist-42"

Waist to Hip Ratio- 0.89

high health risk and....FAT

Long story short. I have serious gut issues and want to tame them with diet and exercise.

So i've decided to take things slow, i've decided to eat clean gluten and dairy free. i know it sounds paleo but i like my rice and gluten free bread.

Tameing goal #1--Eat More Vegtables + 3 Con +1 Wis

Add more vegetables to my meals. and eat simple things at first like broccoli and carrots

i did buy some kale to try too <-----FAIL

so i'll mostly likely be eating alot of salads i'll also follow the Eat Clean diet Principles of Lean protein with Complex carbs (veggies) and healthy fats :kiwi-fruit: 

I love Potatos

Tameing Goal #2--Avoid  Bread and Dairy +3 wis

I found bread and sends my guts into spasms IMMEDIATLY and makes me very sickly and acidic and acutely tired and dairy is just as bad

I do know pizza destroys me...mixture of dairy and bread.

I have gluten free bread in the freezer and i found the i love rice bowls and rice cakes with peanut butter

me and my fiance have been drinking Vanilla Almond Milk so that's taken care of. and i found a store that sells all kinds of gluten and dairy free stuff.

Ranch Dressing EEEEE

Tameing Goal #3--Pilates +3 Str and +1 Stam

I love pilates and i want to be nice to my body and my guts.

This way i'm takeing things slow.

i have two 10 min solution pilates dvd's i can alternate everyday.

i also have yoga...uggh yoga...........SO BORING

just 10 minutes a day i can do that

Life Goal--- Get a regular Part Time Job +3 cha +1 wis

since i lost a hospital kitchen job (because of my gut issues) it's been tough for me ot find a job and my have low confidence in myself. i'm going to make it my buissness to get rehired at walmart. the weird thing the people interviewing me just want me to be myself. i've had quite a few interviews but no job yet :(

along with this i want to get some health insurance to figure out what exactly is wrong with my digestive system. <---have appointment on the 31st of january :positive:

I NEED MONEY :greedy_dollars: 

Goal One........F

however i did figure out that i can freeze fresh spinach and the crush it up and it makes nice to eggs and meat and stuff.

the kale grew mold on it within a week...........i had NO SALADS. so no points

Goal 2........D

i was eating cheese....and cheetos.....lots of cheetos. but i was avoiding  bread...except for when it came to burgers.

i guess i can give myself 0.5 point for that..

Goal 3.......F

i did absolutly nothing. i sat on my but and watched netflix.....no points

Life Goal....C

i did indeed have an appointment and a blood test. NO FOOD ALLERGYS at all. and yet when i eat certain food i still feel bloated, gassy and acidic. i'm also sore and tired all the time. and i'm 24!!! i feel OLD. but we did look into getting new insurance we just need to make the switch.

i'm still putting applications out...i don't want to work fast food at all!!!

i'll take 2 points out of it.

i am learning though. like paleo eating is awsome even thought i only did it for 1 day!! i'm not allergic to any foods but my digestive system still has trouble with certain foods so i will avoid them. it might be FODMAPs

i have no self control when it comes to cheetos

i love freezing spinach and i hate tofu.

green tea in the morning is amazing and i like eggs.

I don't cook much but i love to cook even though i hate doing dishes afterwords...(no dishwasher)

I sleep way to much and still wake up super tired and drained of all energy and sore.

my weight is predominately gas and poop, well at least in the stomach area. i've been 198 pounds before and then i eat bread or and not poop for a while or just poop rabbit terds and weight at 204....WOW

i think onions make me acidic.

my boyfriend really knows how to listen to his body...i should take notes from him. and he's skinny fat

Eating paleo can be whatever you want it to be. as long as you follow the guidelines

i'm a hypocondriac............yup i have every ailment you can think of

writing my meals and how my guts feel and such in a journal really sucks but it works.

looking at myself in the mirror makes me want to cry

i don't like a dirty house but i'm so drained of energy and sleep  for 12 hour that i just don't do anything. i'm home all day.

we hardly have enough money to buy groceries.

the list goes on and on.....i've learned alot.

Awesome!  Look at that list of takeaway learning!!  You may not have done everything you wanted to, but you're well on your way to making solid, positive change that sticks.  Good for you, Unikarm!

Hey Unikram, you sound a bit like me before I started Paleo for reals.

It was winter 2011, I had SAD, was gassy and bloated all the time, lazy lazy lazy just watching tv shows all day and doing NOTHING. i would go to bed at midnight and get up at 12 some days. One day my husband and I looked at each other and said "you're fat and it's a bit unattractive. DO SOMETHING"

I'm so glad you got started! It took me a year to get the hang of it, and I still consider myself a lazy ass.

It's so good that you have a list of your strengths and weaknesses! Build on the strengths and slowly eliminate weaknesses and you'll be good to go! Let me know if you want some tips that I've learnt along the way :)

Hey Unikram, you sound a bit like me before I started Paleo for reals.

It was winter 2011, I had SAD, was gassy and bloated all the time, lazy lazy lazy just watching tv shows all day and doing NOTHING. i would go to bed at midnight and get up at 12 some days. One day my husband and I looked at each other and said "you're fat and it's a bit unattractive. DO SOMETHING"

I'm so glad you got started! It took me a year to get the hang of it, and I still consider myself a lazy ass.

It's so good that you have a list of your strengths and weaknesses! Build on the strengths and slowly eliminate weaknesses and you'll be good to go! Let me know if you want some tips that I've learnt along the way :)

you call it strengths and weaknesses?

I WOULD LOVE SOME TIPS!!! :love-struck: 

Awesome!  Look at that list of takeaway learning!!  You may not have done everything you wanted to, but you're well on your way to making solid, positive change that sticks.  Good for you, Unikarm!

ya this is quite a learing period for me. and i really do have do things simply

Would you tell me a bit more about what kind of blood tests you had done? With a son with allergies and a mother with intolerances, I know a bit about the topic... (If you want my opinion/advice.)

Would you tell me a bit more about what kind of blood tests you had done? With a son with allergies and a mother with intolerances, I know a bit about the topic... (If you want my opinion/advice.)

I got tested for everything. Egg whites, Peanuts, Walnuts, fish, Wheat, Corn, Milk, Soybeans sesame seeds. and all of it cames back  0<0.35

which mean i'm not allergic or have an intolerance to any of it at all. i really thought wheat or dairy would come up but....nothing, however my stomache says otherwise. when i eat bread or dairy i cramp up and can't poop. i always have trouble pooping or on very rare occasion i get diahrrea.

when i get insurance i'm going to get an ultrasound to see if  my guts digest properly or if i have glabladder issues or an ulcer....it could be anything. my mother has fibromyalgia and that can even cause IBS symptoms.

I got tested for everything. Egg whites, Peanuts, Walnuts, fish, Wheat, Corn, Milk, Soybeans sesame seeds. and all of it cames back  0<0.35

which mean i'm not allergic or have an intolerance to any of it at all. i really thought wheat or dairy would come up but....nothing, however my stomache says otherwise. when i eat bread or dairy i cramp up and can't poop. i always have trouble pooping or on very rare occasion i get diahrrea.

when i get insurance i'm going to get an ultrasound to see if  my guts digest properly or if i have glabladder issues or an ulcer....it could be anything. my mother has fibromyalgia and that can even cause IBS symptoms.

It sounds like maybe you had skin prick tests? Where they put a drop of liquid (with the allergen) on your skin, then make a tiny nick or cut, and see how large the swelling is?

Or, did you have blood drawn and sent away for testing? (This is sometimes done to test for gluten intolerance, and more rarely for peanuts, but not usually for any of the other allergens listed.)

Skin prick tests are reasonably good at detecting allergies. I don't think you have an allergy, you have an *intolerance*. It's a completely different kind of reaction and cause. An allergy is an overreaction on the part of your immune system. An intolerance is a chemical issue, an issue with digesting particular foods.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Food_allergy_and_intolerance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten_intolerance

http://glutenfreenetwork.com/faqs/symptoms-treatments/gluten-intolerance-symptoms-how-do-you-know-if-gluten-is-making-you-sick/

There's blood tests for gluten intolerance, in which blood is drawn and sent away to check for particular kinds of antibodies. Futher testing may include a biopsy (via the throat) to look at the villi. Testing by an exclusion diet (for a minimum of 1 month, no gluten at all, not even a tiny bit) then challenging it (by reintroducing it and seeing what happens) is common.

Lactose intolerance testing is pretty well covered by the wiki link above. An exclusion diet is common, and challenges with drinking whole milk are pretty standard.

My son has a cow's milk protein allergy (the kind you do skin prick tests for), not a lactose (milk sugar) intolerance. He is at risk of dying after ingesting so much as a tbsp of milk. His anaphylactic reactions to his allergens include symptoms like his lips, tongue, and area around his eyes puffing up, hives/rash, difficulty breathing, and falling unconscious. He will react within minutes of ingesting his allergens.

My mother has a gluten sensitivity/coealiac disease, *not* a wheat allergy. Her reactions from eating gluten include symptoms like intestinal cramping, stomach pain, diarrhea, gas, and an itchy scalp. She will react within minutes to an hour of ingesting the food she's sensitive to.

I hope the above helps inform you a bit more!

I'd strongly recommend going on a stricter paleo diet next challenge (but rice and non-glutinous grains OK if you want, just no wheat, barley, rye or oats). Absolutely *no* gluten or dairy. No burgers (gluten, plus sometimes milk powder is in the ingredients), no butter, no cheetos (dairy *and* grains in those), no "just one bite" of anything. Read the labels of *everything*, and touch *nothing* with any gluten or dairy in it.

Give it *at least* 4 solid weeks without touching it at all. THEN challenge by reintroducing dairy in week 5. And just dairy. Try that for a week. Then cut dairy out, and in week 6 you try gluten, but no dairy. (Preferably, wait longer, and have another fortnight or more of no dairy or gluten, before trialling gluten.) 

If you can, *before* cutting out the last of the gluten in your diet, get the blood test done for anti-gliadin antibodies.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I think you've done well this challenge, but if you're really keen to pin down where your problems are coming from, you've got to stop having little treats of your suspect foods here and there, and go hard with your exclusion diet, then do a more scientific test of deliberately reintroducing your suspect foods.

If symptoms continue (for more than the first week or so) after eating super clean, then you'll know to look elsewhere for the cause. But you won't know that if you keep snacking on cheetos.

My mother has a gluten sensitivity/coealiac disease, *not* a wheat allergy. Her reactions from eating gluten include symptoms like intestinal cramping, stomach pain, diarrhea, gas, and an itchy scalp. She will react within minutes to an hour of ingesting the food she's sensitive to.

I have this too. all tests point to no allergy. But trust me, I feel like crap if I have even a tiny bit.

My tip, even though it would be absolute best to cut dairy and gluten out completely, since you are just starting out, doing it alone etc etc - I would try doing the "4 hour body" diet to begin with. Which means eating gluten and dairy on saturdays only, and the rest of the days eating only meat, vegetables, fruit, eggs, nuts and seeds. If that sounds way too hard, it would be ok to use rice, corn and potatoes the first time you try - but only when desperate.

While it's best for your body to go all out healthy - it's REALLY difficult! Especially if you're at the place you're at. I've been there.  

Doing it this way also accomplishes quite a few things. 

1. Even though it takes 10 days to get gluten out of your system, you will feel a noticeable improvement after 6 days. 

2. You WILL lose weight eating like this. especially if you can avoid rice, corn and potatoes.

3. You will feel strong by avoiding cravings during the week

4. you get a reward day for being so good during the week

5. you will feel like crap after cheat day. making you want to stick to it the rest of the week.

Here are the rules

1. throw out EVERYTHING in your house that is not paleo. or donate it. seriously, don't think - oh I'll save it for cheat day. YOU WON'T. You will eat it in a moment of weakness. get rid of it!

2. Sunday to Friday - eat only Meat, vege, fruit, eggs, nuts and seeds (except peanuts) If you have to cheat, do it with brown rice, corn or potatoes (cooked healthy. baked is always good. in fact, try sweet potatoes. that is paleo and is also nice baked.)

3. You may eat as MUCH AS YOU WANT of the meat, vege, fruit and eggs. seriously. STUFF YOURSELF with eggs and bacon. snack on bananas all day long. nuts are ok as long as you don't eat too many (they're expensive anyway)

4. On cheat day... EAT SO MUCH THAT YOU FEEL SICK. ok that's not a rule, but seriously, cheat the hell out of cheat day. that way when you feel tempted during the week, write it on a list and eat it on Saturday.

There are a tonne of websites that have really nice paleo recipes - http://paleomg.com/bacon-and-spinach-stuffed-chicken/ is a good place to start. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/category/recipes/ has some nice ones. too

google paleo recipe and the ingredient you want to cook with and you'll find a tonne of stuff to cook.\

also - DON'T BUY GLUTEN FREE AND DAIRY FREE PROCESSED FOODS. that stuff is super expensive and is often WORSE for you than the gluten alternative. Rice cakes are ok, peanut butter is not ok. If you're like me and never make salads even though you intend to, try making a soup. Or boil a bunch of eggs and keep them in the fridge. fry ups are great too - just add a bunch of different vegetables to a pan with coconut oil (carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, onions (if they don't make you acidic) and some chopped chicken. and some frozen spinach if you like). tip into a bowl. rinse both bowl and pan straight away and then you can use it again later. saves on dishes. also smoothies are great - coconut milk is your friend. spinach goes well in smoothies too. and if you add water and detergent to the blender, it cleans itself with a press of the button!

Another tip that I have, is about mindfulness. If you find yourself cheating during the week - take a note of how you feel. What were you doing when you reached for that cheeto? were you actually hungry? or just watching tv? Did you crave something salty? something crunchy? something to do with your hands? what could you eat instead that would satisfy that craving? actually write it down. Often we think we're not eating too bad, until we see it written down. I have an overweight friend who said "I don't know why I keep putting on weight, I eat healthy!" WHILE she was holding a tub of ben and jerry's. seriously.

Changing habits is about finding out the trigger, the action, and the reward.

eg: you're watching tv, you grab a cheeto, it is delicious.

how can we satisfy this habit, without the cheeto? 

maybe have some sunflower seeds on hand to satisfy the crunching? or if you like sweets try grapes or dates. I found that dates were an acquired taste though. so your new habit looks like:

tv, grapes, delicious.

or you could try getting crafty to busy your hands, and cut out the eating habit all together. try knitting a scarf. (I do this right now, it's very relaxing and means I don't feel guilty watching tv. I'm knitting stuff for my little girl!) new habit:

tv, knit, accomplished feeling.

or since you said you want a clean house, try watching tv while cleaning. That's what I do. I watch soooo much tv during the day but my house is clean and I use cloth diapers for my newborn (folding laundry while watching tv. win)

ok I think that's enough tips for now. :) I'll keep following you and asking how you're going if you like. feel free to ask me any questions. :)

It sounds like maybe you had skin prick tests? Where they put a drop of liquid (with the allergen) on your skin, then make a tiny nick or cut, and see how large the swelling is?

Or, did you have blood drawn and sent away for testing? (This is sometimes done to test for gluten intolerance, and more rarely for peanuts, but not usually for any of the other allergens listed.)

Skin prick tests are reasonably good at detecting allergies. I don't think you have an allergy, you have an *intolerance*. It's a completely different kind of reaction and cause. An allergy is an overreaction on the part of your immune system. An intolerance is a chemical issue, an issue with digesting particular foods.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Food_allergy_and_intolerance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten_intolerance

http://glutenfreenetwork.com/faqs/symptoms-treatments/gluten-intolerance-symptoms-how-do-you-know-if-gluten-is-making-you-sick/

There's blood tests for gluten intolerance, in which blood is drawn and sent away to check for particular kinds of antibodies. Futher testing may include a biopsy (via the throat) to look at the villi. Testing by an exclusion diet (for a minimum of 1 month, no gluten at all, not even a tiny bit) then challenging it (by reintroducing it and seeing what happens) is common.

Lactose intolerance testing is pretty well covered by the wiki link above. An exclusion diet is common, and challenges with drinking whole milk are pretty standard.

My son has a cow's milk protein allergy (the kind you do skin prick tests for), not a lactose (milk sugar) intolerance. He is at risk of dying after ingesting so much as a tbsp of milk. His anaphylactic reactions to his allergens include symptoms like his lips, tongue, and area around his eyes puffing up, hives/rash, difficulty breathing, and falling unconscious. He will react within minutes of ingesting his allergens.

I hope the above helps inform you a bit more!

I'd strongly recommend going on a stricter paleo diet next challenge (but rice and non-glutinous grains OK if you want, just no wheat, barley, rye or oats). Absolutely *no* gluten or dairy. No burgers (gluten, plus sometimes milk powder is in the ingredients), no butter, no cheetos (dairy *and* grains in those), no "just one bite" of anything. Read the labels of *everything*, and touch *nothing* with any gluten or dairy in it.

Give it *at least* 4 solid weeks without touching it at all. THEN challenge by reintroducing dairy in week 5. And just dairy. Try that for a week. Then cut dairy out, and in week 6 you try gluten, but no dairy. (Preferably, wait longer, and have another fortnight or more of no dairy or gluten, before trialling gluten.) 

If you can, *before* cutting out the last of the gluten in your diet, get the blood test done for anti-gliadin antibodies.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I think you've done well this challenge, but if you're really keen to pin down where your problems are coming from, you've got to stop having little treats of your suspect foods here and there, and go hard with your exclusion diet, then do a more scientific test of deliberately reintroducing your suspect foods.

If symptoms continue (for more than the first week or so) after eating super clean, then you'll know to look elsewhere for the cause. But you won't know that if you keep snacking on cheetos.

yes it was a simple blood test sent to a lab. my insurance couldn't cover all the other things you mentioned (and personally i don't want to go through with that, well except for examining intestines. but i'm looking into getting better insurance to see what's going on. it has to be something.

so are you ladies saying i could have celiac disease (or intolerances) even though my blood test (sent to a lab) tested fine? no one in my family has celiac that i know of but we all have stomach issues.

I have this too. all tests point to no allergy. But trust me, I feel like crap if I have even a tiny bit.

My tip, even though it would be absolute best to cut dairy and gluten out completely, since you are just starting out, doing it alone etc etc - I would try doing the "4 hour body" diet to begin with. Which means eating gluten and dairy on saturdays only, and the rest of the days eating only meat, vegetables, fruit, eggs, nuts and seeds. If that sounds way too hard, it would be ok to use rice, corn and potatoes the first time you try - but only when desperate.

While it's best for your body to go all out healthy - it's REALLY difficult! Especially if you're at the place you're at. I've been there.  

Doing it this way also accomplishes quite a few things. 

1. Even though it takes 10 days to get gluten out of your system, you will feel a noticeable improvement after 6 days. 

2. You WILL lose weight eating like this. especially if you can avoid rice, corn and potatoes.

3. You will feel strong by avoiding cravings during the week

4. you get a reward day for being so good during the week

5. you will feel like crap after cheat day. making you want to stick to it the rest of the week.

Here are the rules

1. throw out EVERYTHING in your house that is not paleo. or donate it. seriously, don't think - oh I'll save it for cheat day. YOU WON'T. You will eat it in a moment of weakness. get rid of it!

2. Sunday to Friday - eat only Meat, vege, fruit, eggs, nuts and seeds (except peanuts) If you have to cheat, do it with brown rice, corn or potatoes (cooked healthy. baked is always good. in fact, try sweet potatoes. that is paleo and is also nice baked.)

3. You may eat as MUCH AS YOU WANT of the meat, vege, fruit and eggs. seriously. STUFF YOURSELF with eggs and bacon. snack on bananas all day long. nuts are ok as long as you don't eat too many (they're expensive anyway)

4. On cheat day... EAT SO MUCH THAT YOU FEEL SICK. ok that's not a rule, but seriously, cheat the hell out of cheat day. that way when you feel tempted during the week, write it on a list and eat it on Saturday.

There are a tonne of websites that have really nice paleo recipes - http://paleomg.com/bacon-and-spinach-stuffed-chicken/ is a good place to start. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/category/recipes/ has some nice ones. too

google paleo recipe and the ingredient you want to cook with and you'll find a tonne of stuff to cook.\

also - DON'T BUY GLUTEN FREE AND DAIRY FREE PROCESSED FOODS. that stuff is super expensive and is often WORSE for you than the gluten alternative. Rice cakes are ok, peanut butter is not ok. If you're like me and never make salads even though you intend to, try making a soup. Or boil a bunch of eggs and keep them in the fridge. fry ups are great too - just add a bunch of different vegetables to a pan with coconut oil (carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, onions (if they don't make you acidic) and some chopped chicken. and some frozen spinach if you like). tip into a bowl. rinse both bowl and pan straight away and then you can use it again later. saves on dishes. also smoothies are great - coconut milk is your friend. spinach goes well in smoothies too. and if you add water and detergent to the blender, it cleans itself with a press of the button!

Another tip that I have, is about mindfulness. If you find yourself cheating during the week - take a note of how you feel. What were you doing when you reached for that cheeto? were you actually hungry? or just watching tv? Did you crave something salty? something crunchy? something to do with your hands? what could you eat instead that would satisfy that craving? actually write it down. Often we think we're not eating too bad, until we see it written down. I have an overweight friend who said "I don't know why I keep putting on weight, I eat healthy!" WHILE she was holding a tub of ben and jerry's. seriously.

Changing habits is about finding out the trigger, the action, and the reward.

eg: you're watching tv, you grab a cheeto, it is delicious.

how can we satisfy this habit, without the cheeto? 

maybe have some sunflower seeds on hand to satisfy the crunching? or if you like sweets try grapes or dates. I found that dates were an acquired taste though. so your new habit looks like:

tv, grapes, delicious.

or you could try getting crafty to busy your hands, and cut out the eating habit all together. try knitting a scarf. (I do this right now, it's very relaxing and means I don't feel guilty watching tv. I'm knitting stuff for my little girl!) new habit:

tv, knit, accomplished feeling.

or since you said you want a clean house, try watching tv while cleaning. That's what I do. I watch soooo much tv during the day but my house is clean and I use cloth diapers for my newborn (folding laundry while watching tv. win)

ok I think that's enough tips for now. :) I'll keep following you and asking how you're going if you like. feel free to ask me any questions. :)

thank you :D