• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VioletFlame

VioletFlame's 2013 Level Up - Challenge #1

Hope you are feeling better! Well done on keeping up with a few things while sick... and for taking the time to recover too! 

How is the writing coming along?

1 week to go... lets do this!

Beginning of Week 6 check in:

Previous week's report: (week 5)  I was fighting off a cold during the week.  Slept through about 3 days.
green-checkmark-icon.png Goal 1 (cardio): 255 minutes, - did 280 -  goal accomplished A

Knob%20Attention.pngGoal 2 (strength): 40 min total, - did 15, this goal is just not doing it for me.  I'll have to see where I am overall for the challenge.
green-checkmark-icon.pngGoal 3 (eating plan): 17 meals on track (out of 21) - did 13 of the 17.  I am giving myself a green check because I don't think I really counted this accurately.  I skipped meals because I was sleeping a lot, and now I don't remember how I kept track.
Knob%20Attention.pngGoal 4 (dissertation): I am behind on this goal.  No motivation during the week, couldn't get myself going over the weekend.  I did do some writing on Sunday, but not enough to get caught up..

Week 6 Goals

Goal 1 (cardio): 270 minutes = 4 hrs, 30 min - I have this goal down.
Goal 2 (strength): 50 min total to get to the overall challenge goal of 3 hours (which really isn't that far behind).
Goal 3 (eating plan): Follow eating plan for 80% of meals (17 out of 21)  I am averaging a C on this goal.
Goal 4 (dissertation): Write 14 pages to get to the overall challenge goal.  This is my priority for the week.

This week's plan:

Mon - dissertation day, 30-45 min cardio, eating at home
Tues - 30-60 min cardio, strength workout, eat at home(make soup)
Wed - work at college day, fit in 15 min cardio,
Thur - dissertation day, 30-45 min cardio, strength workout, eating at home (maybe)
Fri - day off, have some fun, 30 min cardio
Sat - dissertation day, 60 min cardio, strength workout, eating at home
Sun - dissertation day, 60 min cardio, strength workout (backup if missed Sat), eating at home

Things I'm looking forward to this week:

Hmm.... Valentine's Day on Thursday.

The dissertation thing is weighing me down right now.  I need to find my motivation again.

By special dispensation of the powers vested in me as guild leader I hereby grant you special permission to count every 2 pages of dissertation that you write between Monday 11th and Monday 18th of February as a completed chore in our current mini-challenge. You have been clearly putting off working on it... so I hope that contributing to the cause of saving Getafix will provide you with the right motivation. ;)

By special dispensation of the powers vested in me as guild leader I hereby grant you special permission to count every 2 pages of dissertation that you write between Monday 11th and Monday 18th of February as a completed chore in our current mini-challenge. You have been clearly putting off working on it... so I hope that contributing to the cause of saving Getafix will provide you with the right motivation. ;)

Woo hoo!  I did a mind-dump yesterday on a new section and added - let's see - about 3 pages.  I don't know if it will make it into my final dissertation, but it was something to get me going.

OK, my procrastination thing is defining emergent design.  Let's just do it!

Final reporting

Previous week's report: (week 6)
green-checkmark-icon.png Goal 1 (cardio): 270 minutes, - did 280 -  goal accomplished A

green-checkmark-icon.pngGoal 2 (strength): 50 min total, - did 50, accomplished total time for the challenge!
green-checkmark-icon.pngGoal 3 (eating plan): 14 meals on track (out of 21) - did 14.  I had to scale back on my goal to 60% instead of 80%. 
Knob%20Attention.pngGoal 4 (dissertation): I am not just motivated for this goal right now. 

Overall Challenge Results:

Goal 1 - A

Goal 2 - A (yeah!)

Goal 3 - C+

Goal 4 -  27 pages out of 36 goal = 75% - I'll give myself a C there

My attribute points to spread:

Goal 1 (cardio)  STA +3  DEX +1 (achieved all)

Goal 2 (strength)  STR +2  STA +1 (achieved all)

Goal 3 (eating plan)  CON +3 (achieved 2 con)

Goal 4 (dissertation)  WIS +4  CHA +1 (achieved 2 wis)