• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AncientReborn

First Challenge. :)

What week are we on? 

Eat Clean goal: Back on track! The first mini-challenge helped to motivate me to add new recipes to my routine. Feels great to be consistently making healthy choices. A+

Flexibility goal: Definitely noticed this past week that my flexibility has increased. When standing with my feet hip width apart I am now able to put my fingertips underneath my toes with ease! Before the challenge began I was barely grazing the top of my feet. Not sure that I'm going to be able to meet my goal of putting my palms on the floor or being able to do a complete slip again by next week but I am proud of the progress I have made. A  

Cleaning goal: Ah! (That's a sigh of great relief and contentment) My house has taken on more order and a more tidy nature with my new routine. There are certainly days that I feel more like cleaning than others, but I have stuck with it. Mostly because I know that if I skip one day's chore things will pile up and I will not want to do a pile of work. So happy with the routine I have established. :) A+

Bonus goal (sleep): Unless work or some other commitment keeps me from my normal bedtime (10:30 PM) I have been in bed and gotten up in the morning at the same time each day, even on my days off. I actually am finding that it's now difficult to sleep in on my days off when I have the ability. I wake up naturally and I'm ready to get out of bed. This goal, even though it's a bonus goal, has helped immensely in achieving my other goals. More sleep equals better attitude, more energy, more motivation and more time to get things done. Yay! A+

This is the last week! Challenge ends this coming Monday the 18th! :D

You are totally rocking this challenge. I am so impressed. Keep it up!

Maybe you should continue doing Sun Salutations? It seems to be helping with your flexibility goal!

This is the last week! Challenge ends this coming Monday the 18th! :D

You are totally rocking this challenge. I am so impressed. Keep it up!

Maybe you should continue doing Sun Salutations? It seems to be helping with your flexibility goal!

The Sun Salutations have definitely helped. I've always had a hard time getting up the energy to workout in the morning but I find that I can handle a couple Sun Salutations even when I'm still half asleep. 

The Sun Salutations have definitely helped. I've always had a hard time getting up the energy to workout in the morning but I find that I can handle a couple Sun Salutations even when I'm still half asleep. 

That is interesting-I find the same with meditation (no joke intended). There's something about just getting into it before your mind starts to wake up.

Alright, along with posting my results on the general reports thread I'm posting them here as well. 

This was my first challenge and it was great! I'm a person who needs accountability and a little competition to motivate me. So glad I found NF!

My diet/fitness goals: 

1.) Regain my flexibility (worth 4 DEX). I worked consistently at stretching and increasing my flexibility, adding Yoga into my routine certainly helped with this. However, I did not reach my goal. I sought out to be able to put my palms on the floor with my feet hip-width apart. Well, I can easily put my fingers underneath my toes but I'm still about an inch from putting my palms flat on the floor. In terms of progress, I'd give myself an A - I was consistent and have seen great progress in terms of where I started, six weeks ago I could barely graze the tops of my feet with the tips of my fingers. Grade: B (+ 3 DEX)

2.) Get back to strictly eating clean and lose 5 lbs (worth 4 CON). This was a lot easier to accomplish than I thought it would be! I jumped right back into my Eat Clean diet and stayed consistent the whole time. Plus I saw the scale go down! Yay! Grade: A (+ 4 CON)

My life goal: 

Set up and maintain a routine for cleaning the house (worth 4 WIS &  1 CON). I'm proud to report that my house looks fantastic!   :peaceful: I wrote out a schedule of daily chores and worked hard to keep them. There were certainly days where I had NO desire to do housework but I knew that I would have to report on progress so I did it anyway. Even right now, I can hear my bathroom screaming at me: "Come clean me! Come clean me!" And I promise I'm going to do just that as soon as I'm done here. Haha. Grade: A (+ 4 WIS & 1 CON)

Bonus Goal:

Got to bed and get up at the same time each day (worth 2 CHA). I've been struggling with insomnia so this goal was a huge deal for me. I know that I needed to regulate my sleep more. It was more difficult to do this than I anticipated. I can be a bit of a night owl and had been used to going to bed somewhere around midnight every night. Well, I knew I needed more sleep therefore I needed to get to bed earlier. Instituting a 10:30 PM bedtime for myself felt like I was cutting off half my night. I had a hard time going to bed that early not because I wasn't tired but because I didn't accomplish all the things that day that I wanted. I would think I'll just do this one thing before I go to bed. Well, I stuck with it anyway and after the first two weeks I was sleeping better, was feeling more energetic in the morning hours of the day and had more focus throughout. So ultimately I ended up being able to get more done in a day because I had been sleeping regularly. Which I knew would happen...I just like staying up late. Grade: A (+2 CHA)

This challenge was great for me! I'm a very task and goal oriented person and I thrive well with accountability and competition. I'm so excited to add attribute points! And to be honest I'm really super bummed about not achieving my first goal. Seeing three "A's" and a "B" is horrible to me. Haha. Even though I worked consistently I'm still over-analyzing ways that I could have pushed myself harder. Ah, such is life. There's always the next challenge!