• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

catspaw

NF Virtual Movie Night?

Some friends of mine and I used to have virtual movie night: we'd all get our hands on the same movie, go online, and hit "Play" at the same time. Then we could chat and joke and stuff while the movie played, even though we were on different sides of the country.

Would anyone be interested in a NF virtual movie night?

We could pick some cult film classic, everyone's responsible for getting their hands on a copy, and then meet on the NF Chat and hit "play" simultaneously?

Thoughts?  Movie ideas?

I guess, we'd all have to decide on the length of the movie, but wouldn't it all be more interesting on a webchat? that is, if everyone's able to. In either case, I'm in.

but wouldn't it all be more interesting on a webchat? that is, if everyone's able to. In either case, I'm in.

That's what I mean.  We individually play the movie, but hang out in webchat while we watch.

OK So here's what we should do, Cats, since this is originally your idea, you can provide a list of movies for everyone to vote on, and then have a planned day, for everyone to get set for wherever you want us to webchat, I vote G+ but there are others, like tinychat, and so on, if someone else has a better idea, now is the time to throw it out there!

Army of Darkness 

The cultiest of cult films

Great choice. I was also going to suggest My Name is Bruce, the widely unknown fourquel(?) in the Evil Dead series.

As far as Netflix is involved, I do not have it but I may be able to borrow a friend's login info for 2 hours. If not, I'm not against renting/buying if it is a really good movie.

I'm not against renting/buying if it is a really good movie.

It has to be a good movie?  Well that rules out Manos: The Hands of Fate.

I'm down for Army of Darkness.  Or anything else for that matter.  I've never seen The Warriors.  And I've had good experiences with G+, but I think Hangouts are limited to 10 people.

I've never seen The Warriors

Your missing out it a great film a real classic 1979 . 6 years older than me lol

im guessing i wont get involved with this as most of you are probably in the states and that could make the time difference a bit tricky 

Army of Darkness 

The cultiest of cult films

YES.

Great choice. I was also going to suggest My Name is Bruce, the widely unknown fourquel(?) in the Evil Dead series.

As far as Netflix is involved, I do not have it but I may be able to borrow a friend's login info for 2 hours. If not, I'm not against renting/buying if it is a really good movie.

I also might possibly have other sources for movies, ya know, if anyone needs it.  It's not always the best but it's an option for those who are in dire straits :)

and yeah, I'm ins.

Sounds interesting (depending on the movie).  My wife often does this with TV shows with her best friend (specifically Castle).  They chat back and forth with their phones through the whole episode.