• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

catspaw

NF Virtual Movie Night?

Voted.

It has to be a good movie?  Well that rules out Manos: The Hands of Fate.

My definition of good movies is vastly different from most peoples'. With that being known as the worst movie of all time, I would definitely buy it.

I also might possibly have other sources for movies, ya know, if anyone needs it.  It's not always the best but it's an option for those who are in dire straits :)

and yeah, I'm ins.

I also have "other sources". I'm just trying to limit myself on that to stuff I cannot get anywhere else (mostly foreign films not brought over to the states).

My definition of good movies is vastly different from most peoples'. With that being known as the worst movie of all time, I would definitely buy it.

I have THREE copies of it.  The first one I got in a giant movie pack which is how I first saw it.  Then I got the Elvira and MST3k for Christmas.  I've yet to watch them, though.

There definitely seemed to be two shifts of people: an early-night group and a late-night group, and many people could only do one night of the week, and of course that was not the same night for everyone.

However, this was the majority date / time / movie combo with 10 votes:

The Warriors

Playing Saturday Jan 26th

Movie starts at 7:30pm ET / 4:30pm PT

...so you probably want to arrive /get the movie set up a little early.

What you have to do:

1) Get your hands on a copy of the movie.  Rent it, stream it, borrow it from a friend, I dunno.  But plan in advance.

2) Figure out the timezones for yourself.  Ask a friend if you have problems with timezones. :tongue:

3) Put it on your calendar.

4) On Saturday, Jan 26th, join the NF chat a bit before starting time to sync up, get ready, etc.

FAQ:

Q: Oh no I can't make this time!
A: That's not a question, but I'll answer it anyway.  We'll definitely do this again unless everyone hates it which they won't.  So stay tuned.  I'm sorry we couldn't find a time that works for everyone.

Q: What if I can't make the whole thing?

A: Come for the part you can make!  If you have to arrive late, we can tell you where we are in the movie and you can jump in.

Q: How long is the movie?

A: 93 minutes.  Like all good movies before LotR, it's not 3+ hrs.

Q: What's a good paleo alternative to popcorn?

A: I like brussels with bacon.  Wings are also tasty.  Or you can play the "omega-3 drinking game": any time anyone says "waaaaaariors, come out and plaaaaay" you have to do a shot of fish oil.

Q: Shit, I got the wrong movie!

A: Yes, we are watching The Warriors (imdb) not Warrior (imdb).  If there's a gang on roller skates and a dude with bottles on his fingers, you've got the right film.

All the main places you could find it for streaming or download. Should cover everyone.

• Amazon Prime: Free for Prime members (which means free for students). Otherwise $2.99.
  • Google Play: $2.99
  • : $2.99 (same as google play, but you can rent from YouTube too)
  • Netflix: Free for streaming users ($7.99 or something a month).
  • Hulu: No dice.
  • iTunes: $2.99
  • Vudu: $2.99

All the main places you could find it for streaming or download. Should cover everyone.

• Amazon Prime: Free for Prime members (which means free for students). Otherwise $2.99.
  • Google Play: $2.99
  • : $2.99 (same as google play, but you can rent from YouTube too)
  • Netflix: Free for streaming users ($7.99 or something a month).
  • Hulu: No dice.
  • iTunes: $2.99
  • Vudu: $2.99

fix'd. 'cause, ya know, that dollar makes a difference haha

Also, didn't know you could rent from youtube. that's awesome!

fix'd. 'cause, ya know, that dollar makes a difference haha

Also, didn't know you could rent from youtube. that's awesome!

Fixed. And yeah... I didn't know either until I started looking.

Aw shucks! I'm the weirdo that just voted on that form before reading that voting was closed. It doesn't matter anyway, since I have a friend's birthday dinner to go to that night. But the next one, I'm totally making snarky comments throughout.

ETA: I'm always game to watch Rocky Horror, and it's a good one for crowds, I think. Let's do the time warp, y'all.

Q: What's a good paleo alternative to popcorn?

A: I like brussels with bacon.  Wings are also tasty.  Or you can play the "omega-3 drinking game": any time anyone says "waaaaaariors, come out and plaaaaay" you have to do a shot of fish oil.

I don't think I could find any IRL to play this game with me :D

I am going to watch it purely based on this wonderful IMDB review quote:  "This movie is so boring that is unbearable .. I wonder, how many people died watching it?" How could anyone not ecstatically watch it!

Reminder: this is tomorrow!

7:30pm ET / 4:30pm PT

... is when the movie starts, so come a few minutes early.

And today make sure you have a copy of the movie you can stream, play, reenact live, whatever.

HUGE thank-you for the reminder! I've only just seen this thread, but it sounds like a blast -- I'm in!

Another good snack: roasted walnuts! Cover it with stevia and it reminds me of kettle corn. Mmm.