Reset. Time to save the princess. Again.

Daisy88

I hadn't visited NF in months. I started a challenge long ago, and it just totally fell by the wayside. I just logged on yesterday and saw the challenge dates. With no time to lose I... decided to just revamp my first challenge submission. Not much has changed, just a few numbers and my life goal. Enjoy my Zelda Style Challenge!

triforce_icon_free_to_use_by_kittyzelda6

Triforce%28BSZelda%29.gifGoalsTriforce%28BSZelda%29.gif

1. Deadlift 200Lbs 5 reps +4STR   Before my adventure to save Hyrule begins, I must obtain the Master Sword! Unfortunately, it's wedged in the Pedestal of Time, and I don't have the strength to pull it out. 
- This is roughly 120% of my body weight. Seems reasonable. I can already lift 175. I've never really paid any mind to my performance over time, so this might be a totally lame goal. We'll see! 

Master_Sword_Final.png

2. Drop 3% Body fat +1CHA, +2CON   I need to rescue the sage from the Fire Temple, but my new Goron Tunic is a little too... tight. 
-This is the biggest one. I'm in the military, and due to my build, I am usually close to my max weight for my height. I always pass, but I don't like the nail biting. I really just don't want to get taped. I'm at around 23%. Fortunately, my max BF is 33%(in the military? are you joking?), so I'm well in the clear. I've proposed a big stat award for motivation.

84px-LinkRedTunicLoZArt.png

3. Eat Fish 2x/Week +2CON   Now that I have more bottles, I can carry more fish. Maybe I'll catch a Hylian Loach! I've always believed I'd be reincarnated as a Zora.

- I've been mostly(probably 70%) Primal for almost 4 years now. I'd certainly like to bump that % up a little to help out with goal #2. I feel like diversifying my usual menu will stimulate more weight loss. I need to eat something other than steak once in a while.

40px-Fish%28OoT%29.png

4. More studying! +6 WIS   While chasing chickens and breaking pots is fun...and I mean a LOT of fun, I really need to focus more on the tasks at hand.

- I have a big exam coming up on a subject of which I know VERY little. The goal there is to pass. And lastly, I'd like to be on track with my Bible reading by then.

FSA_Big_Cucco.gif

Level 1 Hylian Ranger
| STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3 |

Fitocracy

Current Challenge:

Dúnedain Team

Welcome back.

I love the Zelda theme. Good luck.

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

Welcome back.

I love the Zelda theme. Good luck.

Zelda theme is awesome! So are your goals! Let's go get that pricess! Best of luck!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

The Zelda theme is stuck in my head now--this is NOT a problem. ;-) And I have one of those muscular bodies that weigh heavy too (though I'm not 23% body fat...YET), so i feel your pain. keep working those goals!

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Great goals.  I'm planning to set a "lose x% body fat" goal later this year, but I wasn't really sure how to program that.  What's your plan? Fewer carbs, more cardio?

I'm also digging the theme and classic Zelda pics!

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Great goals.  I'm planning to set a "lose x% body fat" goal later this year, but I wasn't really sure how to program that.  What's your plan? Fewer carbs, more cardio?

I already eat very few carbs. I've been Primal for almost 4 years, and I love it!! My only problem is not exercising enough. I plateau at around 170lbs (I'm 5'10") without exercise. I was active duty Navy a year ago, and I was in the best shape of my life! The only thing I did differently was exercise more often. I ate so much food back then! My fitocracy pic was from close to the end of that period of my life. I miss it.

And I have one of those muscular bodies that weigh heavy too (though I'm not 23% body fat...YET), so i feel your pain. keep working those goals!

I ALWAYS win those "Guess your weight" games. But yeah it's just embarrassing to get taped even if I'm not overweight. 

Level 1 Hylian Ranger

Fitocracy

Current Challenge:

Dúnedain Team

I ALWAYS win those "Guess your weight" games. But yeah it's just embarrassing to get taped even if I'm not overweight. 

LOL! No doubt.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Weekly Progress Report!

I think the worst thing that happened to me this week was a medium order of french fries, and my birthday. I baked some Primal-friendly(ish) donuts I'd been dying to try, and they were awesome. They weren't too sweet though, weighing in at about 23g sugar each from the local raw honey I used.

Goal 1: I managed only to lift twice this week. My boss is out of town, and I've been really busy at work lately. I did manage however, to successfully DL 185lbs for 2 reps.  That's my max so far. I know I can keep pushing to that 200lb mark!

Goal 2: Like I mentioned, I've been doing well on the eating side of things sans a box of fries. I've lost 2.75 inches already! It's spread out pretty evenly, so it's not that noticeable yet. Not to me at least. My husband says otherwise. ;) I don't have a scale, so I don't know the BF% right now, but I know I'm on the right track.

Goal 3: I've been trying my darndest to keep a food diary. It's hard because I eat so much! and so often! haha but I have so far made my minimum seafood/fish consumption goals. I'm a big fan of sushi, and I'm in the process of starting that at home. :)

Goal 4: Nothing good to report here. :/ Haven't studied or read much of anything this week. Busy week! (Ok, I've bee playing too much Terraria too)

OH yeah! I totally made a spreadsheet for my measurements. New at that, so fun little nerdy accomplishment for me. 10 points to Ravenclaw!

Level 1 Hylian Ranger

Fitocracy

Current Challenge:

Dúnedain Team

Sounds like a great week! I have an old tracking spreadsheet that helps me predice my "real" BMR and Weight. It gets pretty anal, need to decide if i want to track calories and macronutrients for the next challenge, as it's part of the formulas.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Great work! You are doing awesome!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 2 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 2 Stats: STR 146.0 | DEX 155.25 | STA 147.5 | CON 148.0 | WIS 152.0 | CHA 144.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Weekly Progress Report!

I think the worst thing that happened to me this week was a medium order of french fries, and my birthday. I baked some Primal-friendly(ish) donuts I'd been dying to try, and they were awesome. They weren't too sweet though, weighing in at about 23g sugar each from the local raw honey I used.

Goal 1: I managed only to lift twice this week. My boss is out of town, and I've been really busy at work lately. I did manage however, to successfully DL 185lbs for 2 reps.  That's my max so far. I know I can keep pushing to that 200lb mark!

Goal 2: Like I mentioned, I've been doing well on the eating side of things sans a box of fries. I've lost 2.75 inches already! It's spread out pretty evenly, so it's not that noticeable yet. Not to me at least. My husband says otherwise. ;) I don't have a scale, so I don't know the BF% right now, but I know I'm on the right track.

Goal 3: I've been trying my darndest to keep a food diary. It's hard because I eat so much! and so often! haha but I have so far made my minimum seafood/fish consumption goals. I'm a big fan of sushi, and I'm in the process of starting that at home. :)

Goal 4: Nothing good to report here. :/ Haven't studied or read much of anything this week. Busy week! (Ok, I've bee playing too much Terraria too)

OH yeah! I totally made a spreadsheet for my measurements. New at that, so fun little nerdy accomplishment for me. 10 points to Ravenclaw!

Great job! Let that inner nerd SHINE! Keep it up!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

Week 2 Progress Report!

Another busy week for me. But to be honest, this challenge is keeping me going WAY more than I expected it to. I suppose all it really takes is seeing some results to keep moving forward.

Goal 1: Not a lot of improvement in the lifting category. Didn't have a ton of motivation this week. Lifted what I regularly do, and practiced my form quite a bit. Hubby is really helpful here. He makes me "do one more!" haha

Goal 2: I am now down a total of 5.5 inches!! My muffin top is melting!! :D :D :D   Honestly, even if I don't drop all the % I want, I'd be totally happy with a waist-to-hip ratio of .7 or lower. Who cares what you weigh when you're sexy! :D

Goal 3: â€‹Again I've completed this successfully. I would still like to get over my fear of cooking fish at home though. I didn't eat it as a kid (other than fish sticks) so I never learned. I know it's not hard, but I just have this crazy notion that I'm always going to do it wrong. XD

Goal 4: I'm afraid I'm going to fail this portion of my challenge miserably. Let's just hope I'm off to a slow start, and that I'll catch up and get some good studying in. I DID acquire some very useful study resources for my exam this week, so I'll have to crack them open. I sure wish the espresso place I worked at was a cafe and not a drive-thru! 

Thanks to anyone who keeps up on my progress. Every ounce of encouragement helps more than you know!

Level 1 Hylian Ranger

Fitocracy

Current Challenge:

Dúnedain Team

Wow, awesome job on the measurements! What great results after two weeks! :D

I hear you on the cooking fish at home thing. I have the same fear that I'll mess it up somehow, and I feel the same about beef. (My husband's vegetarian, so I don't cook meat at home much anyway, which doesn't help me get lots of practice!) I'm trying to eat more protein this challenge, though, so I'm going to experiment with little cuts of beef and salmon. Pan-frying them in butter can't go wrong, right? ;) If I find any easy recipes I'll post them in my update thread.

Keep up the good work! :)

Dúnadan Ranger

Level 2

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

Current 6-Week Challenge

Week 2 Progress Report!

Another busy week for me. But to be honest, this challenge is keeping me going WAY more than I expected it to. I suppose all it really takes is seeing some results to keep moving forward.

Goal 1: Not a lot of improvement in the lifting category. Didn't have a ton of motivation this week. Lifted what I regularly do, and practiced my form quite a bit. Hubby is really helpful here. He makes me "do one more!" haha

Goal 2: I am now down a total of 5.5 inches!! My muffin top is melting!! :D :D :D   Honestly, even if I don't drop all the % I want, I'd be totally happy with a waist-to-hip ratio of .7 or lower. Who cares what you weigh when you're sexy! :D

Goal 3: â€‹Again I've completed this successfully. I would still like to get over my fear of cooking fish at home though. I didn't eat it as a kid (other than fish sticks) so I never learned. I know it's not hard, but I just have this crazy notion that I'm always going to do it wrong. XD

Goal 4: I'm afraid I'm going to fail this portion of my challenge miserably. Let's just hope I'm off to a slow start, and that I'll catch up and get some good studying in. I DID acquire some very useful study resources for my exam this week, so I'll have to crack them open. I sure wish the espresso place I worked at was a cafe and not a drive-thru! 

Thanks to anyone who keeps up on my progress. Every ounce of encouragement helps more than you know!

Great progress on Goal 1, 2, and 3!  To reduce the rate of failure, you've got to make small steps to complete a big leap. 

Now, apply that to Goal 4.  Start with a small study window and expand it each day.  It might be a little late, but if you could find a study partner, then you'd be more likely to do it. 

World 6 Level 2 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 2 Stats: STR 146.0 | DEX 155.25 | STA 147.5 | CON 148.0 | WIS 152.0 | CHA 144.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Here's my weekly report.

1) Been stressed out because I've been so busy still! Clutter is piling up, taxes are due to be filed, and next month a big new scary thing is happening for me, and I'm getting nervous.  :nightmare: And to add injury to insult (hehe) my husband came home from work with broken ribs the other day, so he's been grumpy and doped up. He's often my workout buddy... so you can imagine how that's helped me get in shape. Not. Friend of mine is making me go to my first Zumba class tomorrow...help? lol

2) I'm down about another inch in the fat loss goal. I'm liking the way my clothes look on me more and more each day. :)

3) I feel great however. Been eating cleaner than even before, and even though I'm 90% Primal/Paleo, I've only had red meat once i the last week. Is that even possible? haha. I love the stuff but I've been eating so much fish! (and bacon) 

4) I've acquired some study materials for my test. Just gotta crack em open. Time is running out!

Thanks so much for the continued support and encouragement!! It keeps me going! :)

Level 1 Hylian Ranger

Fitocracy

Current Challenge:

Dúnedain Team

Awesome work on the clean eating and the fat loss!  Nothing like hard numbers to back up what you think you're seeing :)  How you've gone without much red meat though, I have no idea!

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.

Teddy Roosevelt

I'm glad to hear things are going well for the most part. At least in terms of your goals. Things have been shaken up a bit for you but I'm sure you'll sort it out and things will be peachy. Feeling great...doesn't get much better than that! Keep it up and good luck to you and your husband! Broken ribs! OUCH! I know I would be a grumpy SOB if that happened to me and I'm sure my wife wouldn't be a huge fan of that. lol

Here's my weekly report.

4) I've acquired some study materials for my test. Just gotta crack em open. Time is running out!

Thanks so much for the continued support and encouragement!! It keeps me going! :)

Schedule some time and get to work!

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines