"You're an idiot. Fix this immediately."

spencer_

"You're an idiot. Fix this immediately."

Her mentor obviously dissatisfied with previous results, Spencer sighed outwardly as she thought of her new goals. Although much of the failures that had come in the previous six weeks were due to unexpected factors, it was clear that this time would need to be different. 

Despite the fact that she opted to skip out on her meeting with the Shadow Hand, she managed to wrangle a new title from the Order. Spencer wasn't really sure if it was a promotion per se, but it was definitely a different branch than she was on before. It wasn't a demotion, and that was all she really cared about. Spencer would bring her newfound wisdom to help her continue along the ladder and prevent transferring branches before meeting with the business end of a blaster. 

Nodding inwardly, Spencer was satisfied with her new goals. Baby steps, she figured, would be a good start this time around. While her mentor enjoyed making large strides toward victory, he did hate it when the acolytes would try to bolt out of the starting gate with no real training. This season would be different then; she'd take baby steps and train herself properly instead of trying to achieve outlandish goals made on an inflated ego.

Goal I: Lose five pounds. Short, simple and to the point. Let's opt for baby steps this time around; if it's done right, I can't fail reaching this number, but it does mean actively working on it. +2 CON +1 WIS

Goal II: Stop the soda, seriously. Again, to the point. Because I don't drink more than six cans a day, I can easily remove one daily soda per week and eventually end up with zero by the end of the challenge. Baby steps toward a greater good. +3 CON

Goal III: Make good on that gym pass. I signed up for two free weeks at a local gym primarily because I think it will help with strength training and the occasional cardio while the rest of the week would be dedicated to at-home bodyweight training. +2 STR +2 STA

Goal IV: Get a license, seriously. Another serious manner this time, haha. I've been a very lazy person since I was issued my permit at the age of 17, and since it's due to expire this year on my 24th birthday, I think it's more than due time to finally turn it into a fully privileged license. +5 WIS

I'm also attempting to keep a blog going which includes challenges a friend of mine makes me do every so often. If enough people are interested, I guess I could drop a link here. 

That's all I can think of for right now. It's still too early to think properly.

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

I thought for sure that doing like 2,000 squats a week would be one of your goals, just to up the ante on last time.  Also, after reading your goals I saw your birthday and it reminded me that I turn 24 this year.  So thanks for making me feel old.   :tongue:

Please, that's just routine. ;)

Anyway 24, so what? That's like less than a quarter of life done. There's still like 75 years left to do plenty of stuff.

Old? I only see kids here! *is aaaaaaalmost 35*

34 BIG DEAL. That's not even half of life. You're only old when you refer to adults as kids. :P

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

Spencer--Hi and welcome back! Looking forward to seeing what you do.

Nuala--I know! I'm 33 but I feel like I was born to be 28 and have been forever.

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Nice goals, Spencer - straightforward and focused. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

I'm 30, and I like it. I'm stronger this year than I've ever been before.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

If I post to this thread does that mean I have to post my age too?! :rapture:

I know you'll do great Spencer  and kick the soda habit to the curb. You're a great kid...er um ..wait.. I meant assassin.. you're a great assassin :playful:

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Spencer--Hi and welcome back! Looking forward to seeing what you do.

Nuala--I know! I'm 33 but I feel like I was born to be 28 and have been forever.

Nice goals, Spencer - straightforward and focused. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

I'm 30, and I like it. I'm stronger this year than I've ever been before.

I love your baby steppin goals! =) Good luck.

*I'm only nineteen... I feel so inexperienced now D= *

I don't even feel 23 much myself! Only recently stopped feeling like I'm a teenager though. Good old days? ...Nah, teenage years were kind of lame.

If I post to this thread does that mean I have to post my age too?! :rapture:

I know you'll do great Spencer  and kick the soda habit to the curb. You're a great kid...er um ..wait.. I meant assassin.. you're a great assassin :playful:

It's okay, you can plead the fifth if you want. :)

jflkdjflds yes assassin, not kid haha. But bluh, it's not even the flavor of the soda anymore so much as kicking the dependency on caffeine. Tough stuff.

it's not even the flavor of the soda anymore so much as kicking the dependency on caffeine. Tough stuff.

Drink some black coffee or tea.  I'll admit coffee is an acquired taste (it took me like a month at a cup every couple of days to start to enjoy it), but tea is pretty good if you find the right stuff, and there's enough variety that pretty much everyone can find something they like.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

Drink some black coffee or tea.  I'll admit coffee is an acquired taste (it took me like a month at a cup every couple of days to start to enjoy it), but tea is pretty good if you find the right stuff, and there's enough variety that pretty much everyone can find something they like.

I hate coffee sososo much, so that wouldn't work for me. Besides which, I'm trying to get away from caffeine 100 percent.

Love the goals. I'm trying to quit soda too but I'm doing it cold turkey. I know I'm in for a little hurt. I think the baby step goals is smart. Good luck.

I fail with cold turkey every time because the headaches are just too severe.

reverse-1237811519_chuck-norris-approves

Ooh yeah about that... I'm more of a Bruce Lee kind of person. :P

So I'm attempting an experiment that could kick the soda habit as early as next week. Probably not the healthiest of options, but then neither is continuing to drink soda. I have three bottles of 5 Hour Energy sitting around, which is enough so I can have one per day every day before I go back out to go food shopping. I carefully divided them according to estimated caffeine count and thought maybe I could just have enough to be the equivalent of a can of Coke every few hours, so whenever I felt kind of low from not having the caffeine I'd just have a shot, so to speak. If it works, then awesome, I'd just need to stock up on a few more bottles as I slowly decrease the amount I have each day and all without having the 750 calories/200g sugar I would normally have every single day. If it doesn't work, then I go back to Plan A with my emergency Coke reserve in the fridge.

Today's not so bad; I've only had half the bottle and don't really intend to have any more of it tonight. However, I'm still cautious because I was completely fine the first day I tried cold turkey, so the real test will be tomorrow when I've gone a full day without soda caffeine. I have high hopes for this though. It would make things a lot easier dealing with having gradually less caffeine rather than dealing with headaches on top of sugar cravings. 

Anyway yes. I will let you all know later tomorrow how this goes.

Do you realize there is a mini challenge going on?You are giving people an opportunity to beat you.....this must not happen. Assassin Spencer activated

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

While I wouldn't say things are disastrous, things have been very rough to say the least. At least this time, most of the problems are things I'm justified in being upset about but it's not something I'd post publicly outside of a PM or something. I'll be fine one way or another though. I don't really have much of a choice but to be. 

As for a challenge-related update: diet's fine; literally halfway through the lost weight goal; steadily having a single soda a day on average; never made good on my free gym pass but I'm pretty sure I still like it enough to just go for a membership soon; and only practiced my parking once but still have time to continue that.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines