Finally ready to finish what I started

I grew up the chubby kid and then became the fattest kid in my high school and this continued into college. I had seen friends lose weight before but never believed I could do it (self-confidence was never a main attribute). But then a little over 2 years ago I started a weight loss/fitness regimen with the help of my physician. I walked into the doctors office in November of '10 and weighed in at a whopping 347 pounds and I broke down. I saw my own mortality that day along with the extremely realistic fear that I wouldn't see the age of 30 (I was 24) and over those next 12 months, through some of the roughest times of my life and depression, I lost 107 lbs. I was able to manage my weight/fitness with minimal fluctuation and most of it was positive. Then I found out my gf and I had lost our child and I spiraled down. I stopped worrying about my diet and without that discipline so disappeared the want to exercise, I gained major weight and became almost continually sick and tired throughout the summer.

In October I walked back into my doctors office for a check up but when I realized I was at 270, that check up turned into "Doc help me turn this back around." I went back the basics, back to my beginning, each month is one large habit change fueled by small ones throughout the month. Around Christmas I was feeling good, lost a few pounds, diet was back on track, easing back into weight lifting, then I found out an old friend was pregnant and it opened my eyes to my life at this point (which I am not proud of) and I decided to change everything. I have always wanted to enlist in the military as many of the men in my family have, to serve my country, and to know that I have something to be proud of when I look back on my life. I know I can do it, I have accomplished so much before, but I need the accountability (Hello Rebels!) to follow through because I've never lost weight or gotten in shape for myself or my own dreams before, it has always been for someone else. So I'm here to hold my self accountable to finish what I started long ago.

I'll be following the Rebel Strength Guide to maximize my drop in BF% and increase in overall strength along with interval training on cardio days to hit my PFT marks for enlistment

- Become your own Hero -

Level 1 Ranger

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:1 CON:2 WIS:4 CHA:3

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22695-strigine-oaks-first-challenge-the-curing/

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your progress so far, and good luck on the military, that's one of my goals as well.  This is a great place to get healthy, and you have great motiviation, the one thing we cannot provide.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It's great to have you here, rebel.  Your end goal of enlisting is definitely praiseworthy and sounds like an awesome motivator.  After everything you've been through, congrats on taking your life back into your own hands.  You're on the right path for sure and you really deserve to treat your body right for the right reason - as you mentioned, your own hopes and dreams!  May you live long(er than 30!), and prosper.