Spider's Life 2.0

Spider

You're doing great, good job so far!

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

About to do yoga. Been home for a while-- we're having an ice storm (bad, but not super bad) and school let out early.

Spider

Hedgewitch Druid, Level 3

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 5.5 | CON 4 | WIS 8 | CHA 6

Just Ended Challenge: Spider Goes Back to School

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

I put the garments together by machine, because I'm just not a glutton for punishment, but I do the trim/decoration by hand.

Spider

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Guys, fail yesterday.

I had an okay start this week (nice family bday get-together, and a half day of school when we had a little ice storm come in), but I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed lately with my school responsibilities. I was asked to take over sponsorship of a second club this year (I already sponsor the Latin club whit my coworker) and it is an academic honor group. I am supposed to have a coupons or, but she is (mostly legit'ly) not able to help much. Well, push came to shove this week, and it all got to be too much.

I ended Friday driving home from work, and waiting at a train crossing. I had put my car into park to wait it out, and found myself just overwhelmed with exhaustion-- i.e., falling asleep levels! --and I still had to go by the drugstore on the way home.

I ended up missing yoga (line at the drugstore for my allergy meds), and eating an entire pint of frozen yogurt with a chaser of Midol (menstrual medicine for those of you who don't know), and going to bed at 7:30pm. I was asleep by 8 and worked up at 7:20 this morning.

I'm planning to get in a yoga and bbwwo today, but I'm going to have not-great scores of this week. A missed yoga, a missed bbwwo, a missed paleo day. Boo!

Spider

So glad you are still in the Druids! 

Don't kick yourself over a few missed items in your plan. You are still doing more with your life than if werent taking part in the challenge. The whole point of doing this challenges is to level up our lives... but also to feel better! 

Have a good rest, it sounds like you need it. Then get going again!

And I wish you a belated Happy Birthday!!!!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%
Sounds like you needed the rest! Is there anyone else who can help with the second club you're sponsoring who can put more time into it than your current co-sponsor?
Not sure-- there are teachers who are free, but some would try to take it over, and some would be more trouble than its worth to have their help (with no malice intended, they are the type who would put it out there that the other person had failed, just to advance their own value). I'm going to brainstorm with my coworker (they're all coworkers, but she teaches the same subject) on Tuesday.

I found some gaiam cardio yoga on Hulu, so I did that as the warmup for the beginner's bodyweight workout today. A friend had her bday today, so we had a get-together at a glass art place and all got to make a suncatcher or a trivet. Then ate at a little local dive (I had bunless burger).

Thawing a duck my dad shot (he gave a me a couple from his last trip) to roast tomorrow. There's not as much meat on wild ducks as domesticated-for-eating ones, so I'm thinking of shredding the whole carcass by hand after I roast it and making making a hash or putting it on salad.

Spider

Challenge Four: Life 2.0

1) Yoga 5 days a week - DEX +2; STR +1

2) Strength-Training 3x a week - CON +1; STR +1; STA +1

3) Primal diet 6 days out of 7 - CON +1; STA +1

4)Life Bits: (scored by percent accomplished) - WIS +2; CHA +2

a. I'm shadowing one of my dance instructor's lower level classes this term to begin teacher training. I need to shadow 1x a week (but I can do more). The intro has a possible 4 classes, and the level 1 has 7 (score based on 7, but possible 11 chances).

b. I'm working on two craft swaps at Craftster.org: a scarf swap and a wall art swap.

c. Work on sca tunic! I have a t-tunic for the sca that needs to be finished with embroidery, and an ionar (jacket) that needs trim. I do not think I can finish either of these in 6 weeks, but it is a goal to at least do some work on it.

d. I'm trying to be more social. I teach, and get up at 5:30 am, so I don't often go out during the week. But, I often have it as a New Years resolution to have plans 3 weekends out of a month. I'm going to make this a bit flexible to include things like:

-sca arts&sciences night on Tuesdays

-games night at a local coffee shop on Thursdays

-girls night (like manis/pedis or meeting for cocktails)

-dinner/games/movies with friends

Week 1:

1) 4 out of 5x

2) 2 out of 3x

3) it's 5 out of 5x for this week (because Friday was my birthday with friends day, and tomorrow is my one with family)

4) a. shadowed dance 1x b. made 1 scarf c. no progress (but for this goal, just need some progress) d. org'd and had my birthday party (pedicures and dinner out)

Check-in 2:

1) 4 out of 5x

2) 2 out of 3x

3) 4 out of 5x (had one day for bday with family)

4) a. Dance cancelled n/a. b. worked on Kali embroidery c. Nothing as yet. d. Glass fusing party w/ gf

Total:

1) 8 out of 10x

2) 4 out of 6x

3) 9 out of 10x

4) a. 1 out of 1x b. 2 out of 2x. c. Nothing as yet (not expecting time for it until after swaps done). d. 2 out of 2x

Spider

Not sure-- there are teachers who are free, but some would try to take it over, and some would be more trouble than its worth to have their help (with no malice intended, they are the type who would put it out there that the other person had failed, just to advance their own value). I'm going to brainstorm with my coworker (they're all coworkers, but she teaches the same subject) on Tuesday.

I totally understand the taking-over/more-trouble-than-they're-worth thing. I find that kind of thing more frustrating than doing it myself and being busy! Hopefully something works out.

How does the flavour of a wild duck compare to domesticated ones? I imagine shredded duck meat on food would be rather  nice!

Keep up the good work on the challenge!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%
How does the flavour of a wild duck compare to domesticated ones? I imagine shredded duck meat on food would be rather nice!

Keep up the good work on the challenge!

It can be nice or horrid, depending on what the duck has been eating. I just like the not wasting factor! Oh, and wild duck has little to no fat in the meat!

It looks as though one of the reasons that I both had a non-paleo day and a sleep-12-hours day is because I was getting sick. It hit Monday (which was a holiday in the us). I am now amusing my students with wild (funny) accusations about them bringing their germs to school. Taking lots of airborne, some ibuprofen, and tea!

Broke down and got a little bit of actual meds (Mucinex cold, flu, & sore throat liquid) for nighttime. I prefer to let colds run their course and not prolong them, but I also prefer to be able to breathe out of both nostrils when I sleep.

Making chicken broth with lots of ginger and garlic to go with dinner.

Spider

Corpse pose!

and steep some chopped fresh ginger in hot water. 

Add honey and squeeze half a lemon into the cup.

Stir.

Sip.

Heal.

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Corpse pose!

and steep some chopped fresh ginger in hot water. 

Add honey and squeeze half a lemon into the cup.

Stir.

Sip.

Heal.

I have been working on lots of ginger. Apparently legs against the wall pose in yoga is good, as is a modified wide-legged standing forward bend with your head resting on a chair.

Spider

Better today. Some saltines happened Thursday and Friday, but I'm prepared to accept that under the circumstances of being sick. I've got today and tomorrow to make up for it. Sunday is usually a free day, but I'm going to keep it paleo.

Spider

I forgot to turn the heat down before bed last night and woke up sweating and afraid I had a fever again. Luckily it was just the heat issue!

Feeling pretty good today, haven't been hit with the need to go sleep three more hours like I was yesterday and Friday. I have crazy drainage now, though, which is TMI (I apologize). I dropped 2.5 lbs. since Wednesday morning (the last time I remembered to weigh). I do not imagine that will last, though I will say there is nothing like being sick to remind you that there is a difference between hunger and appetite. My appetite disappeared, and I had to figure out what to do when I got hungry.

I ate a chicken sausage and a container of pre-cut fruit (an pricey indulgence from the grocery store) for breakfast. I have some Pacific foods butternut squash soup for when I next get hungry. I'm going through a big fruit craving right now -- a result of illness or it being the coldest part of our winter right now?

I finished up the embroidery part of my Kali wall art for the Craftster swap last night (that's how much better I was feeling, though still a bit muzzy-headed), and not just have to add some painted accents and give it an ironing. I also plan to wet-block the knitted scarf I finished earlier for the swap on Craftster.

Then the next crafty thing I have to do is work on my garb, which will nicely take care of that mini-goal. I haven't decided if I want to work on the never-ending neck piece or start trim for my ionar (long jacket/coat).

Spider

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines