Alright 6-pack, no more hiding from me now.

Barmacral

Thanks substix!

So a couple of weeks ago I went to try and do a chin up, and did not properly secure my bar against the door frame and it fell and I landed weird. For about a week after if I twisted my leg wrong I'd get a bit of a lancing pain, but then it went away. The last couple of days I've done a lot of squats and lunges and jumps and such and now my lower left leg is fairly painful again. As such, I'm gonna be severely limiting what I do for a while to upper body to give it time to recover. It definitely isn't muscle pain, and I don't want to do more damage to myself.

Also a point I need to start focusing on is my shoulders. My arms and chest are getting pretty strong, but I want to be able to do planches and hand stands and those sorts of things, and for that I need to get my shoulders going. I am gonna start working on my hand stand progression a bit since I'm at 30 seconds of hollow body already (though I'll need to repeat that a couple of times before moving on I think) and do decline wide pushups. I think those should be a good start for shoulder work.

This too, shall pass.

Happy B-day and congrats on the push up level up. I think most people take longer than 6 weeks to finish the program

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

So after my workout today (I did core) I decided to see how well I could do Diamond push ups. The first time I tried them in the summer I couldn't even start them, but this time around I was able to do about 2/3rds of one. So that was a really good feeling. Gonna continue with my current pushup program for now, but after that I am gonna try focusing on elevated wide push ups and not-elevated diamond push ups.

This too, shall pass.

So I haven't updated in a while because nothing has happened in a while. My birthday happened, then my birthday party happened, then I moved, and moving always throws me out of my routine. Going to get back into it all today though. No more slacking.

This too, shall pass.

Sweet, that last post was motivation enough to do my workout. Didn't want to do the same old today, so I switched it up a bit. Tried doing the kicks Waldo does (front side back) that are supposed to improve balance. I wasn't able to do many before I'd have to catch a break. Followed that with a form of explosive push ups where one arm is at my side and one at my shoulder, do a pushup and while my arms are in the air they switch positions. I was able to do 3 sets of 10, but my form was pretty sloppy. They were a lot of fun though, definitely more exciting than regular old push ups. Finally I opted to do dips with my pull up bar, as I haven't found a place here to hang it yet (parents place and my dad is pretty fussy since he doesn't want any damage to his house). Was able to do 10, have to do a bit of research on form though, as I have no idea how that was.

This too, shall pass.

So I've been slowing down on posting here, but not on my workouts. I'm finishing up week 2 of the 100 pushup program and I've concluded that I don't have a particular interest in aiming for 100 right now. I think I might try and get through week three, but I'm more interested in things like hand stand push ups and pistol squats and 1 arm push ups and diamond push ups. As such, I think I'm pretty happy with where I'm at with my current goal, despite not really being close to completing it.

Regarding my other goals, I have an interview today at 3, so making progress there. I've also been very good at meeting my 20 minutes a day, I miss at most once a week, generally due to extenuating circumstances. I'm not where I want to be with hollow body yet. I did do a test a couple weeks ago and was able to hold it for 55 seconds, then my friend started encouraging me which made me laugh so I'm not sure if I can hold a minute or not. I'm close though! I might do another test on Saturday when my friend is in town. (and this time I'll tell him not to encourage me)

This too, shall pass.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines