• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

livingroovy

Livingroovy's Centered Consistency Challenge (Triple C!)

My body clock is mo oriented to later night and mornings (e.g., bed at midnight/1 & wake at 8/9). My mom is 9pm to 5am, naturally. Every summer when we have school break, my body reorients to its preference.

Geez you guys waking up at 5am every day? REALLY?!?! I have no idea what alternative reality I was in when I set that goal. Tis going to be a fun one to track... (I stayed in bed until 7:30 this morning)

Weeell. If it isn't hard it's not a challenge, right!? :numbness:

My body clock is mo oriented to later night and mornings (e.g., bed at midnight/1 & wake at 8/9). My mom is 9pm to 5am, naturally. Every summer when we have school break, my body reorients to its preference.

I'm with you - during the school year, I dutifully stick to a school-oriented schedule, but as soon as school's out for more than a few days, I'm sleeping from 2am to 10am without fail. It's amazing how quickly the body says, "No, I like it this way."

Great week 1 progress! and yeah I hear what you are saying...waking up at 5am is brutal, I can barely function beyond feeding my newborn at 5am never mind having the mental and physical fortitude to workout!!

that's something to aspire to for sure.

I hate getting up early, I'm definetely a night person.

I used to be right there with you... that has slowly evolved over the past couple of years into feeling really weird if I'm still in bed at 8am! (That's sleeping in)

I absolutely LOVE that you put all your goals into "I am a person who..." statements. I love the mindset :)

Thank you! It seems to work much better for me this way.

Yes! Actually I get up before 5. It is great when you start early, because until 9 no one bothers you at work or home. They just worry about coffee...

I can get so much things done. Far more than when I would stay lats at work... Even if I spend 30 minutes here.

They key is going to bed at ten(boring, I know) oder having a snooze at noon...

When do you go to bed? I am actually awake before the alarm and more fit than sleeping midnight to 9....

Good job so far. Keep on rocking!

So true.. so much gets done before the world places demands on you. I usually go to sleep between 9:30-10:30pm. And I LOVE NAPS.

Nice set up for your goals...awesome mentality- I will definitely have to try this for next time. 

But eeekkkk to having to get up so early haha I'm such a typical Uni student :/

haha when I was in university unless I had a morning class I slept until 11 every morning :D

I think I might naturally be more that way, to be honest, but the way my current schedule is this is what makes sense for now! But it's true...whenever I can relax that obligation I tend to stay up til about 11:30 and wake up around 8

Weeell. If it isn't hard it's not a challenge, right!? :numbness:

lol yep, that was the idea.

I'm with you - during the school year, I dutifully stick to a school-oriented schedule, but as soon as school's out for more than a few days, I'm sleeping from 2am to 10am without fail. It's amazing how quickly the body says, "No, I like it this way."

Great week 1 progress! and yeah I hear what you are saying...waking up at 5am is brutal, I can barely function beyond feeding my newborn at 5am never mind having the mental and physical fortitude to workout!!

that's something to aspire to for sure.

The best part about beginning a workout at 5am is that usually it's over before you realize what you are doing.

Week One Report

1. I am someone who wakes up early.

The challenge: Wake up at 5am on weekdays, 7am on weekends. Out of bed and beginning my day by 5:30am on weekdays, 7:30am on weekends.

Succeeded: 6/7 days. B+

2. I am someone who has a daily yoga and meditation practice.

The challenge: I spend 10 minutes every day sitting and breathing/moving and breathing.

Succeeded: 7/7 days. A

3. I am someone who grows stronger every single day.

The challenge: 3 strength training workouts every single week (gymnastics or crossfit).

Succeeded: 3/3 workouts. A

4. I am someone who writes and creates for an hour or more every day.

The challenge: I write and publish one blog post and newsletter per week.

Succeeded: Post and Newsletter. And a WHOLE LOT OF OTHER CREATIVE STUFF. My brain hurts :D A

The best part about beginning a workout at 5am is that usually it's over before you realize what you are doing.
Exactly! Even if its just a trip to the toilet, my brain says go back to bed instead of meditating ...

Just do it before you can think of something else is good!

Great start in week one!

UPDATE:

I'm still doing my challenge. I changed one of my goals, and have been traveling a bunch for work. Which is awesome. Things are kind-of-not-really settling down a little bit, but I now have scheduled time into my week to be in the forums! So that's fun.

Week Two & Three Report

The challenge: Wake up at 5am on weekdays, 7am on weekends. Out of bed and beginning my day by 5:30am on weekdays, 7:30am on weekends.

Succeeded: 14/14 days; 20/21 Total A

The challenge: I spend 10 minutes every day sitting and breathing/moving and breathing.

Succeeded: 14/14 days; 21/21 Total. A

(This is the only reason I am still sane!)

The challenge: 3 strength training workouts every single week (gymnastics or crossfit).

Succeeded: 6/6 workouts; 9/9 Total. A

This gymnastics teacher training I'm in is insane. In a good way, but on the weekend intensives (every other weekend for 9 weeks) its Saturday 12-6pm, and Sunday 9am-6pm, along with every MW 6-7am. So. Much. Gymnastics. AWESOME.

Succeeded: Post and Newsletter week 2; Nothing week 3-- this is the challenge I am changing-- but 1/2 posts; 2/3 Total. C

So I'm rebranding my site completely; and actually shutting down for what it is now. I didn't write a blog post last week because I focused my energy on developing content for my new site. Interestingly, I've been writing/creating for at least an hour every day, which is a part of my overarching goal. However; specifically within this challenge, I am not doing what I set out to do. From here on out, I will consider it a successful week for this goal if I either write a blog post or write a page of my website. Either way, I still have to send out a newsletter.

Total Grade Average so far: A

Update so far this week:

Waking up- check. It's getting easier!

Daily yoga/meditation- check. Even though I can barely lift my arms and sitting is a bit painful in my hips (yeay gymnastics!) I'm doing it!

Strength workouts- check. 1 hour gymnastics yesterday (muscle up progressions.. yeay!) and deadlift sets.

Creating- not yet.

5am? Shudders! You are a stronger Druid than me! 

Did you get anything creative done over the weekend???

You are rocking this challenge! 

Will you be joining us to keep the Romans at bay? If you get a chance join us during the mini-challenge. The Druids need your help! 

http://nerdfitnessre...omans-are-here/

14 days to go until the challenge ends... lets do this! 

5am? Shudders! You are a stronger Druid than me! 

Did you get anything creative done over the weekend???

You are rocking this challenge! 

Will you be joining us to keep the Romans at bay? If you get a chance join us during the mini-challenge. The Druids need your help! 

http://nerdfitnessre...omans-are-here/

14 days to go until the challenge ends... lets do this! 

I did, though not in a way that is effective toward this challenge! I was teaching at/attending a yoga retreat at a hot springs resort in the mountains. No internet or cell service for 3 days; it was awesome!

I did a lot of writing as I prepped my classes, as well as absorbing what I discovered from the classes I was taking. 

OF COURSE I am joining in!! I just update the sheet with my results of today now :) So into it.

Week Four Report

Succeeded: 7/7 days; 27/28 Total A

Succeeded: 7/7 days; 28/28 Total. A

Succeeded: 3/3 workouts; 12/12 Total. A

I did boxing this week it was SO FREAKING FUN! Circuit/body weight training where you get to punch stuff? Yes please.

Succeeded: 0; 2/4 Total. D

Lots of creating, not a lot of blogging and newsletter-ing :/

Total Grade Average so far: A-

Yeah that you are joining us for the mini-challenge!

3 days without a cell-phone? Heaven! 

boxing workouts are awesome! I used to do those a long time ago... in what seems like another lifetime!

So what is your plan to bring up your result on goal 4???

Yeah that you are joining us for the mini-challenge!

3 days without a cell-phone? Heaven! 

boxing workouts are awesome! I used to do those a long time ago... in what seems like another lifetime!

So what is your plan to bring up your result on goal 4???

It was heaven!! I may have hurt my wrist boxing...  not too badly but that plus all the gymnastics is a crazy hard combination for my joints!

Why is writing so hard!?!?

Would it help to have prompts? I'd be happy to be your prompt-buddy.

The reason writing hasn't been happening is I am kind of in limbo-- I'm shutting down my current site and migrating over to my currently under construction one. I've been doing writing for that site, but not specific blog posts more like content creation and such. I know exactly what I'm going to write about once the site launches (Feb 21st) but I feel weird about continuing to post on a site that is going away. That being said, I have yet to tell my list that I'm transitioning, so I think it's some resistance surrounding that.

I am succeeding at my overarching goal of being creative for an hour or more every day... been writing poetry, painting, as well as all the stuff for my new site-- it's only within my original parameters of the challenge-specific goal that I am failing! Kind of okay with it because I am transitioning (something I didn't know was happening when I started the challenge) but I need to change something!

/I love writing prompts and giving them to others so this challenge aside if that is still interesting to you I would love to be prompt-buddies! :D

I love how much you  are rocking this challenge, and I agree based on everything you are saying about recreating your site/blog and writing poetry, you are indeed succeeding in the creative part of your challenge overall. You are writing creatively regardless of the format!

From the creation of your challenge to the weekly successes, you are an inspriation!

I love how much you  are rocking this challenge, and I agree based on everything you are saying about recreating your site/blog and writing poetry, you are indeed succeeding in the creative part of your challenge overall. You are writing creatively regardless of the format!

From the creation of your challenge to the weekly successes, you are an inspriation!

<3 Thank you. I really appreciate it!

Update:

I jacked up my wrist from too much boxing and gymnastics. Whoops! But still getting yoga and meditation in-- lots of legs and hips and backbends! No hand balances for me right now though. I've been wrapping my wrist as a reminder to stop doing handstands. Rawr. But seriously, what a great problem to have-- my life is awesome that this is the hardest thing I have to deal with right now!

Still going strong waking up early. Though on Tuesday I made the conscious decision to sleep in until 6:45am and it was GLORIOUS. :D

Also... I taught a candlelight yoga & meditation class at a yoga retreat in the mountains this weekend. Not challenge related, but it was one of the most amazing experiences of my entire life!

You have a great attitude about your wrist!  Glad to hear you're working around it.

Candlelight yoga sounds amazing.  I'm jealous.  :P

You're doing great, keep it up!

Hope your wrist recovers quickly... Sounds like you are taking good care of it!

"sleep in until 6:45am and it was GLORIOUS"... I never thought I would hear those words from anyone who is not actually a parent and is waking up that early by choice. :D Now, seriously, I am so impressed with how you conquered the mornings!

Candlelight yoga??? Oh I want in on that!