Brand New Ranger Starting 1st 6 Week Challenge

lttappenn

Hi everyone. I am Linda Tappen and I am brand new to NF and the Rangers. I am sooo pumped up to get started with this 6 week challenge. I have been on a personal journey to lose weight for the past year. I have managed to lose 20lbs, but I need a change. I found Nerd Fitness by accident and it seems like the perfect fit! Here goes:

Fitness Goals:

1. do the body weight workout, modified to make it more challenging, 3 times per week

2. do interval training on the treadmill or outside 3 times per week

3. be able to do at least 5 "real" push-ups

Diet Goal:

1. go Paleo at least 90% of the time (allowing for 10% or less cheats)

Life Goal:

1. have a "date night" with my hubby at least twice a month

Congratulations on losing 20 lbs already Linda.  Great going! :)

Your goals sound super - good luck for the challenge!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Hey basscrack, we can do it! This is gonna be awesome! Did my beginner body weight workout last night and feel great! Also, I have been stuck on a plateau for about 6 weeks. The scale finally moved this morning! Started changing things up last week, so now I am sure this works.

This challenge has changed my life! I am so excited about the results that I am getting. I used to always feel hungry and tired and had to force myself to workout. Now that I have switched to a more Paleo lifestyle I have tons of energy, feel like I am eating like a Queen, and love that I can do super intense workouts less often and get better results. So far I have lost about 9 pounds since the challenge started and my body is totally changing shape. It's awesome! I feel strong and healthy. I know that this is how I want to live my life.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines