• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Dwarfthrowers road to dhamma

Hey Guys,

I just finished a 10 day vipassana course and am very tired. I will do the attributes tomorrow after I cleaned up my last challenges result...

So here we go:

1. Crossfit:

Just do it.

3 Times a week. Thats 18. To make it even its 20 wods.

2. Vision Training.

I decided to give it a shot. More tomorrow, but it will be 30 minutes every day.

3. Meditation:

Vipassana recommends one hour each morning and evening.

I will do the mornings for this challenge including adhittana(dont move) starting at 30 Minutes, plus 1 every day.

More tomorrow. This night will be short.

And please consider vipassana if you meditata. Its hard but awesome...

Dude. That is so cool. Surprised you can even handle the internet right now. Looking forward to your expanded challenge and any insights you've gained!

Had to get up at 3 45 to meditate one hour before work and still feel awesome!

Dont start easy. Go 100% in schedule and discipline Guys. You can do it. And it will be much harder to find excuses if you already did three days and it got easier everyday to stick to ypur plan! Come on its just three days.

So many Druids. Awesome!

May all beings be happy!

Hey,

I didnt use my laptop for nearly a month. I did everything at work or with the tablet. Weird.

So here are my goals.

I had some Ideas of great goals and great achievements but during vipassana meditation I learned much about dhamma and the principle of shila.

The greatest achievement of these 6 weeks will be to figure out what I want. The raod of dhamma is not so common, but seems to be sooo full of light.

Here are my goals for this time. I am glad the cut the 4th goal, because I want to enjoy food more. Less thinking.

1. I want to be strong and capable. So I will spend some of my time with training.
    A healthy mind operates in a healthy body.
    How? Crossfit!
    I will have 3 workouts a week at least. I round them up to 20 for the challenge.
    Also I will try protein pulver for 30 days together with a eat plenty of everything but wheat challenge where I enjoy my food instead of worrying about calories. I just worry of becoming full.
    This includes meat, but I will try to get the good stuff at least 80% of the time.
    Challenge goal: Have 20 WODS.
    Attributes: Str: +2,  Dex: +2, Sta: +2
  2. Vision Training: I have heard of optimizing someones ability to see. Eye Training. A Dr. Bates found that Eyes can be trained. I will try this for 6 weeks.
    Why? I want to have good vision instead of buying stronger glasses every year. I am highly myopic around -7  diopters.
    Due to a lack of time I will join a web program that is said to improve the vision about 25 %.
    Goal: Do what the daily meal says. Every Day.
    Measurement: Number of days achieved.
    Attributes: Wis: +2, Cha:+2
  3. Vipassana: I want the be a relaxed, equalminded person. So I will meditate like recommended 1 hour every morning and night.
    I will try to stay equal minded no matter what happended.
    In the Morning there is Adhittana sitting(acually kneeling...) starting with 30 minutes and every day 1 minute more. Keep the equal mind!
    Attributes:  Con: +3 , Cha:+2

Bonus Goals:

• Write the exam I should have done 2 years ago. It is in exactly 6 weeks and much to learn.
  • Give this girlfriend stuff a try. Do not dump her because I like her. Yes this sounds weird...
  • Equal mind!

How can you help me? Remind me of the equal mind and love everytime I might need it.

Since Day one has passed:

The course ended in the morning. I drove 300km on a german highway without bad langugage, middle finger and anger.

Today startet awesome and then had two challenges for my equanimity.

And my job got extended! Yay!

Time to get stuff done.

Be blessed. be free. Be happy!

Day 2 report:

Crossfit: 0

Vision Training: 2

Meditation: 2

As you can see I didnt count the first day because I was not yet back in the real world.

Meditation makes me feel and live sooo awesome!

But I experience a flexibility loss. I need to work on that and on my hip alignment.

When I try to sit in the yoga pose my hip is tilted backwards leading to a curved lower back and pain very soon. I have to fix this... Any ideas?

Life rocks!

Be blessed with peace and harmony!

Sure!

The technique was developed by a Dr. Bates. You can find his book free on the Internet. But it is a little bit difficult to read, especially for people like me with english as a foreign language.

I use a web program costing 99$ a month. Just started.

www.frauenfeldclinic.com

The blog is really interesting and having a daily task and information letter for my eyes saves me a lot of time....

I will report the changes :)

Day 2 report:

Crossfit: 0

Vision Training: 2

Meditation: 2

As you can see I didnt count the first day because I was not yet back in the real world.

Meditation makes me feel and live sooo awesome!

But I experience a flexibility loss. I need to work on that and on my hip alignment.

When I try to sit in the yoga pose my hip is tilted backwards leading to a curved lower back and pain very soon. I have to fix this... Any ideas?

Life rocks!

Be blessed with peace and harmony!

Very impressive meditation goals there  :nevreness:

I dont know exactly what you mean by yoga pose but for me I get hip pain and I sit on a cushion on my knees (sitting on the cushion with one knee on either side)

Day 5 report:

Crossfit: 1

Vision: 5

Meditate: 4

I failed to meditate yesterday. Looks like I should immediately get out of bed and start when I wake up before the alarm!

Time for a new habit =)

This week will be more about Crossfit. It was so hard and so great to start again after a long Winter break. Did I mention I love lifting?

I bought proteine powder and will try this out. Anybody experiences with shakes?

Have an awesome sunday!

I've never been a huge shake person. My wife and I do have a vitamix (blender on steroids) and we've used it for smoothies before, but always just to drink our fruits and vegetables, not so much to do protien shakes.  In my experience I like the texture when I've tasted them, but I've never used the seriously enough to gauge their efficacy. A lot of the warriors seem to like them.

Day 8 report:

Crossfit: 3

Vision: 8

Meditate: 7

There is a challenge coming up in my Box. It is about paleo, Rest and regeneration. I'm in!

I love my protein shake. It tastes like chocolate! I wonder if I can drink it hot…

Going paleo will be pretty hard because my decision just to buy good meat(mainly grassfed) is expensive. Very expensive.

In Europe it is allowed to soak ground beef in water before packing and weighting, so it loses this water in the pan =(

Disgusting, right?

Since my little slip it is far more difficult to become calm during my hour of meditation. I will try adding an additional hour in the evening when the girl isn't around...

How much protein do you eat?

Since we are no warriors 1 gram per lb might be too much...

Week 2 special goals: ;)

Room cleaning

Desk cleaning

Format my laptop( did anyone try windows 8 yet?)

Start summarizing for the exam.

Do the laundry without living out of the basket of clean laundry...

So far from me.

Have an amazing day.

And try achieving your goals early. I meditated at 5 and did my Wod at 7. It feels great to be done for today!

Just finish work and enjoy!

Day 11 report:

Crossfit: 4

Vision: 11

Meditate: 10

I will start a paleo challenge in the box tomorrow! Since I have a 24hour ambulance shift ahead I will fill up on junk before...

There was just no time for anything? How do you manage job, sports, challenge, sleep and a relationship (before that it was pretty easy...)?

I need more time.

My first vision results: I am at 95% percent of vision with my reduced glasses. Before I had 1.5 diopters more, but was overprescribed to 120% vision and the reduced ones gave me 80%. That's one month ago!

Have an awesome weekend!

Love your goals! Specially the vision one. Those sound like awesome results so far. If I understand correctly you went from 80% to 95% vision with your reduced glasses in 1 month? Thats fantastic!

I admire the time you spend on meditation. Impressive. 

They soak ground beef in water? Seriously??? That explains all that fluid in my frying pan. Learned something new.

Yes, getting stuff done first thing in the morning is a good way to fit it all in. 

You asked how people do it... fit in training, work, relationships all in one day. I wonder that myself too, I specially ask myself what I did with my time before I had a family. Its a struggle every day. I do think that your advise to try to achieve the goals early is key to getting it all done! When I figure the secret out myself I promise to share it!

Keep up the good work!

Day 16 report:

Crossfit: 7

Vision: 16

Meditate: 14

Uhh surprise: Meditating one hour a day is time consuming.

Here are the 4 goals of my crossfit challenge:

Paleo plus dairy, no processed food at all, 3 liters of water every day.

A wod or 20 minutes of active regeneration every day.

10 minutes working on handstand, handstand walk and handstand pushups every day.

10 minutes of stretching every day.

Benchmark wod was Cindy, i started with 11 rounds.

If you have no time and wantto feel pretty dead to 20 minutes of: 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats. As many rounds as possible...

Actually i am able to do a headstand! Working towards a handstand... Suggestions?

Together with about 20 minutes of vision training every day this will be a very challenging time. There are exams coming up, too.

Everything else is awesome. My job got extended! Dhamma seems to work!

Have an awesome day

PS: weekly challenge stays the same...

Uhh surprise: Meditating one hour a day is time consuming.

ROFL Good thing I wasnt drinking my tea when I read this... Wise you are!

Congrats on the job extension! 

Day 20 report. That's Sunday, so half challenge for me!

Crossfit: 9

Vision: 20

Meditate 17

I need to get down the habit of meditating 1 hour in the morning, but it is pretty hard.

The rest goes pretty decent but I do struggle with paleo.

I will do some together for my daily stretching. There are 1000 how tos for good sun salutations. Recommendations anybody?

Doing great so far! 

1 hour meditation in the morning is such a huge commitment (at least in my mind)... I am so impressed you've done 17!

Hmmm, I am no help on the sun salutations... havent quite found my "style" yet. Yesterday I tried some flow yoga (or what I think was flow yoga, it was quite a "trip" and a very interesting experience and completely the opposite to the way I normally practice yoga).

Day 20 report. That's Sunday, so half challenge for me!

Crossfit: 9

Vision: 20

Meditate 17

I need to get down the habit of meditating 1 hour in the morning, but it is pretty hard.

The rest goes pretty decent but I do struggle with paleo.

I will do some together for my daily stretching. There are 1000 how tos for good sun salutations. Recommendations anybody?

Well done!!

Risking to sound stupid here but what is the problem with the sun salutations? Length of sequence, depth of drop, numbers?