Evenewbies skiing challenge, am I crazy...?

I am Eve

I am such a wimp when it comes to cold. You have my complete admiration!

Don't worry about the weight loss in the first week. Your body is probably adjusting to your new habits. :)

Great job on your first week!

Level 2 Half-elf Druid

STR: 3 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 1 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 4.5 | CHA: 3

If you do not change where you are headed, you will end up where you are going.

Thanks marisstella!

I probably shouldn't weigh myself at all since I get a little obsessed by it but it's hard not to. But as you say - going from almost nothing to skiing four times a week is a big change.

And having this place is so great for inspiration and accountability.

Also, I realize I kinda get used to the pain. Very spooky.

I have chosen to believe in myself.

So. First over calorie goal event occurred yesterday. At least I enjoyed and it didn't get too bad.

It's too cold to ski so that's a bit annoying.....

Tomorrow I have a full day planned so right now it's time to REST  :playful:

First of all well done on overcoming fatigue syndrome!

You are doing great with your goals. Love the idea of setting an alarm for winding down at bed time. Cross-country skying is an excellent way to exercise!

Keep up the great wok!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Short summary of the week - trying to practice what I preach but it's hard

Sleep.

Went to bed on time all weekdays

Food.

Over goal on Thursday

Skiing

Didn't make 4 times. It was really cold during the week and today I decided not to since I felt I might be getting a cold. Tough decision, probably wise.

Weight

Lost 0,9 kilos

Not too bad

So. I'm down with a stupid and not so serious common cold. Given the fact that I am still recovering from my fatigue syndrome, and that we planned going away for a long weekend on Wednesday I am at home. Nothing strange with that really.

Then the difficulties arise. Since I am feeling sorry for myself all the "comforting behaviors" kick in like

-sleep too much ( I still need my rhythm of sleep at night and activity during the day)

-eat "wrong" and way too much (I guess we are all familiar with that one   :rolleyes-new: )

-get super lazy (there are still sensible things to do, and things that need to be done that are not too strenuous)

Concluding for myself that it might even be more important to stick to routine  when I'm sick than otherwise because I don't have the scaffolding of everyday activities (going to work, lunch, etc)

Sooooo - this felt like a good (but maybe not so revolutionary) insight.

Keeping on track with calories and going to bed. I'll allow myself some sweets as my weekly treat tonight and as a reward for keeping on track even though I'm sick. As for skiing we are going away to a ski resort so I will probably keep my goal there as well.

Enjoy the time away!

Insights are always good... no matter how big or small. :)

Hope you feel better soon! And do take it a little easier while sick. 

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

I'm back.

Writing this sitting in front of the open fire, just finished two hours of skiing in the wonderful landscape. Soon heading for the sauna.

I'm not entirely over my cold but there is only so much rest one person can get;-)

Slowly starting to believe that I am FINALLY recovering...

Did some downhill skiing yesterday, that was fun! (and I still count it as skiing in my challenge;-) ). Then we spent some lovely time in the spa before we went to have a delicious dinner.

So after the first good nights sleep in a while I'm heading out for some crosscountry before we leave this great resort.

I'll still have missed out on one day of skiing this week but at least I'm (hopefully) getting rid of my cold.

Sending strength to all of you, especially those still suffering from the flu.

January 28, 21 days have passed since the challenge started. Time to make a more structured summary

Week 1

Skiing:                                    I managed 4 times so that's an A

Going to bed before 11 pm:    I managed all weekdays or days before workdays so that's also an A

Calories:                                 I didn't go over my set goal, but included the calories spent on skiing in the program.

Losing weight:                        I weighed myself to have a starting number. Later during the week I took pictures, more on

that further down

Sweets:                                 Monday has become my day for eating sweets. Apart from that I occasionally have some dark

chocolate, etc

I only had sweets on the one day so that's another A

In addition to the skiing I often bike to and from work - 7 kilometers in total, that's a good addition to the skiing. I also do quite a lot of walking. 

Week 2

Skiing:                                  I managed three times out of four. Health reasons and climate reasons. It's a lot easier not to

ski when it's too cold compared o when I'm sick even though I should know better. That's a B

Going to bed before 11 pm:  I managed on all days before workdays/weekdays. That's an A

Calories:                               I went over my goal on one day during the week. That's a.................

Just realized I put grades on the weight loss and not the calories but am monitoring the

calories better

Will have to think about how to solve this............

Losing weight:                      I lost 0,9 kilos but my scale is very funky so ....I'm trying not to focus too much on the weighing

Sweets:                               Eating once a week is really working for me:-) An A

The going to bed might have been too easy a challenge, I'm thinking of making it stricter - like going to sleep  :numbness: 

Took new photos, hated them but didn't delete them.....

Week 3

Difficult in several ways but I really tried to rest while I was sick. 

I stayed home from work hoping not to make my cold worse before our trip. It didn't work so I was still sick but in a nice environment and with lots of energy from taking it easy several days.

Skiing:                                    X country x 2 and downhill x 1 so that makes 3 out of 4 and a B. I'm quite pleased all in all

Going to bed before 11 pm:    This proves not to be very difficult so another A

Calories:                                 In range all days in spite of us being away so that's an accomplishment. 

Losing weight:                        Decided not to weigh myself, am thinking of how to resolve my issues. The grade will be on

losing the weight in 6 weeks anyway

Sweets:                                 Doing my once a week thing and it works fine. Delighted. An A

My third pair of photos have been taken and maybe, just maybe I look a little bit....more muscular/have a slightly flatter tummy.....or it's probably just the lightning....

It was very challenging to stay on track while being sick and not eat comfort food, sleep to long, etc. But I took it as part of the challenge and stayed disciplined. Lots of time for reflection...

So halftime it is and I feel good. I feel that this is for real and I am accomplishing changes that are lasting.

Hoping that goes for many of you as well my friends!!

Fantastic 1/2 challenge summary!

Yeay skiing and early to bed!!

People will all have different opinions on frequency of photos and weighing... I used to be addicted to weighing myself, and even now I don't like it, so if it's part of a challenge I'll do it, or with these once at the beginning, once in the middle, once at the end. Photos I've usually done monthly or at start and finish. But different things work for different people!

Love that you are creating lasting changes!!!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Midweek update.

I'm tired this week, maybe due to big changes coming up at work and worrying...Anyone else tired?

Anyway-have been using willpower a lot!

Monday - my partner inspired me to go skiing and as usual it was great once I started :-)

Kept caloriegoal and went to bed on time.

Biked to and from work

Tuesday

No skiing - instead major groceryshopping in a new venue. Nice but tiring.

Cooked for the challenge and went to bed on time. Kept within range.

Wednesday

Supertired after work so I immediately changed and went out to ski just outside the house. 5 kilometers at good pace and I think my cold is fading.

Planning dinner while I soak in the tub ;-)

Biked to and from work.

Patting myself on the back....

Yessssss

I did 20 kilometers today, sooooo tired and soooo pleased!!!

How cool is that? That is a respectable distance to be driving a car and you did it on skis?!?!? AWESOME!!!!

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Awesome!!!! 

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

How cool is that? That is a respectable distance to be driving a car and you did it on skis?!?!? AWESOME!!!!

It's really cool, isn't it. Makes me feel powerful!

And an ego sidenote.

I have been taking weekly photos and something is really beginning to happen, especially in the ab area :orange: .

Weekly update from last week (4) in short

Skiing:         4 out of 4 - A

Also my technique and courage are improving (downhill on X country skis is terrifying!

Sleeping:    Getting to bed on time on all weekdays! An A

Weightloss: Weighed myself today and have gone from 72.6 to 71.2 kilos so far. My goal is 2 kilos and I might make that.... 

Calories:      Still tracking all calories and it works really well

Sweets once a week

I have Monday as my treat day and haven't cheated once. An A

The best thing this past week - well I like my photo from today showing abs  :redface:

And starting yoga again, I've missed it heaps!

post-12536-0-03026500-1360096531_thumb.j

post-12536-0-03026500-1360096531_thumb.j

You are rocking this challenge!!!

A hint about images: you need to upload the photo to another site (like flicker, photobucket, etc), then get the link to the jpg file, then when you are writing/editing your post, click on the "image" button, a little pop up window will ask you for the URL, paste the link to the jpg file there.... 

Awesome about the abs! :D

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

I have to admit I am pretty satisfied with myself!

Aaaaah, thank you for telling me about the pics, I just didn't understand why it didn't work.......

So, I have to upload it to another site huh? 

Oh well, images aren't that important....

:neglected:

PS-I put an ab picture in my gallery  :pride:

Impressive!  :encouragement:  :applause:

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines