Ellystar's new life, new challenge

ellystar

Hey, it's been awhile since I've been by the boards. Mostly because I've been so busy getting married and enjoying my honeymoon. Now that I'm settling back into reality and married life, I figure it's time for a challenge to get me back on track! I didn't gain any weight on my honeymoon, despite eating ALL the desserts and ice cream on the cruise ship, so I'm ready to go in the right direction and get stronger and slimmer.

A lot of these are goals I've had before and haven't achieved. But now that wedding planning is behind me, I can devote more focus to them.

Goal #1: Participate in my box's 6-week Paleo Challenge and finish it

It starts Saturday 1/12, and I definitely need this. I'm going to use the next few days to transition and prepare (considering I just got back from my honeymoon yesterday, I have no food yet) and then hit it full force starting Saturday. I'm not exactly sure what all the details are, but I will post them here. I underlined the last few lines on purpose because I have a horrible habit of not finishing what I start. I will finish this.

Goal #2: Drink at least 64 oz of water a day

I don't drink enough water. I need to start doing that more, especially outside of work.

Goal #3: CrossFit three times a week

I will go to CrossFit three times a week, and I will make this a priority. It was not a priority once wedding planning got crazy busy, and I need to not make that a habit.

Goal #4: Write for at least one hour every week (Level Up goal)

I keep making this a goal, and I never do it. I have all these ideas for three separate stories, but I get stuck when I try to sit down and write. It's frustrating. But, I'm going to do one hour writing sprints once a week, and I'm going to try for more.

Hey! Another hiatus returnee--must be somthing related to the Mayans' odometer rolling over. ;-) These look like great goals! A tip on the water thing--I bought a bottle that holds 64 ounces, flll it every morning about 9:00 am (or when I get around to taking my coffee mug back to the breakroom to wash), and try to drain it by COB every day. it sits right by my computer and has become pretty much unconscious. that way, anything I drink outside of work is essentuially a bonus. Still working on getting water in on the weekends, though!

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Had my first CrossFit class since before Christmas tonight. It was tough, but worth it. It was a new hero VOD named Victoria, after Victoria Soto, one of the teachers killed in Newtown. She did CrossFit for five years, was 27 when she died on 12/14/12 in room 10 of her school. So the workout was:

10 Thrusters (95/65)
12 Box Jumps (24/20)
14 Sumo DLHP (95/65)
12 Burpees
27 KBS (53/35)

5RFT

There was a 45 minute cap. I did 65lbs for the thrusters and SDLHPs, 12" box jumps (started with 16" but struggled), and 25lb kbs, and finished in 42.54. A tough welcome back, but I loved every second of it.

Signed up for the paleo challenge too. It's points based and includes weight, exercise, nutrition, water, and sleep. I really need the motivation to get more sleep, that's for sure!

Ate a very non-paleo breakfast and lunch, but dinner is cooking now: roasted pork tenderloin and sauteed asparagus, zucchini, and mushrooms. Yum!

Wow, I didn't know Victoria Soto did Crossfit! what a great way to honor her. Glad you had a great time with the WOD!

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Wow, I didn't know Victoria Soto did Crossfit! what a great way to honor her. Glad you had a great time with the WOD!

I didn't either until I got to my box last night. If it was just a regular WOD, I might have actually given up on it. I got winded really quickly right away and could really feel my heart racing. But I couldn't give up on that one, no way.

I imagine so! I don't have any business setting foot near a box till I hit goal (another...30 lbs? maybe 35? still a bit up in the air), but they seem like very motivating communities. My pilates trainer tried it and enjoyed it, though not as much as her go-to activities. :-)

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Congrats on getting married, getting back into crossfit, and re-launching paleo! I'm with ya on goal #2- I've done better this week, but it's so hard to stick with just water and not drink something else (almond milk, coffee, etc.) instead!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I've been continuing on with these goals, just keep forgetting to update them. Here we go:

1 - The challenge is going well so far. It helps that two of my goals, exercise and water, are included in it. Except for the long MLK weekend (where I was at a sci-fi/fantasy convention, didn't prepare any food, and had limited choices, I pretty much ate a bunch of crap) and one meal where I had potatoes, I've been 100% paleo. It's been tough. Luckily I found a recipe for paleo biscuits that's helping with the bread cravings. But I feel pretty awesome, I've been sleeping better, and my eczema is clearing up. I originally wasn't going to weigh myself again until the end of the challenge, but curiousity got the best of me - and I'm down 6 pounds already!

2 - I've been doing pretty well with this. The goal with the paleo challenge is 96 oz a day, which I've hit more than half of the days so far. Except for a couple days here and there (mostly weekends) I've made it past 64 oz. Sucks having to pea a lot though.

3 - I really need to make this more of a priority. I've only been twice a week since the start of this challenge. I just need to make this a strong priority.

4 - Ugh, let's not even go there. I haven't written anything. I still feel major writer's block and I'm too afraid to sit at the computer and end up writing a bunch of crap. But, writing a bunch of crap is better than writing nothing at all.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines