Becoming the Shadow

lrgart

Goals:

Weekly mileage: 15 miles of trails and street. 

On street at playgrounds:To failure: pullups, static jumps over park bench, tricep dips, inverted pushups.

On trails:  Run length of downed trees, jump over boulders and down ledges when possible. Work on foot speed

and placement.

Diet goals:  Prepare lunches prior to leaving for work (Tuesday - Friday).

2 days strength training:  Box jumps/leg press, pull-ups/lat pull, plank row/seated row, Deadlift/HS curls, moutain climber

scissors, plank cycle.

St. Louis Tough Mudder September 2013               

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Challenge 1, Challenge 2 Shadows Fall Mojo Log

Run for those who want to and cannot.

Half marathon?!?!?!?  That is awesome Juice!

Make sure you do the mileage homework and you will do great!  Make sure to vaseline all the tender bits before a long run-and dont wear cotton, use a dry-fit something or other type of fabric.

I am so excited for you :livid:

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Thanks!! LOL @ 'tender bits'. I have one or 2 of the super special shirts that wick away moisture - should probably pick up some more!! And today my friend was all like 'I'm turning 26 this year so I'm going to train for a full marathon too to celebrate. You should join me!'

My response: '... ... ...' 

And I also think I was mixing up Tough Mudder with the regular Mud Run. Yeah. NOT up for being shocked by wires and all that craziness! You are insane! :D (but I'll still need to see pics)

Level 2 human airbender / adventurerSTR 2.9 | DEX 4 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3.7 | CHA 3

Challenge 1 | Challenge 2

Fab running plans. I love running through the woods! I did a tough guy a few years ago - I think its like your Tough mudder thing as its all about the assault course and lots and lots of mud! It was great and I am dying to do another one, I just need a chum to do it with. Shame you aren't over here. Last time was with 25 blokes and me. Ended up running it mostly on my own. I am so much fitter than I was then too. 

livlovra Level 2 Adventurer with a Warrior heart

STA 4/STR 8/DEX 3/CON 8/WIS 3.75 + 1/CHA 4.75

My 2nd 6 Week Challenge

Doing it solo is definitely more challenging, but it is surprising how many strangers become mates when the going gets tough!  I hope you get the chance to do another one if that is what you want to do.  If we were closer I would be your wingman!  My wife thinks I'm absolutely bonkers for it, but she understands the drive -  She is doing her own challenge under the name aimless, and is rocking it! 

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Yes I certainly made one friend; after jumping off a 5 meter burning hay stack into a muddle lake and swimming round pushing a log, I got out to find I had a fish in my bra! Was so stunned I had to stop the nearest girl to me and share. She and I did the next couple of obstacles together after that bonding moment :)

livlovra Level 2 Adventurer with a Warrior heart

STA 4/STR 8/DEX 3/CON 8/WIS 3.75 + 1/CHA 4.75

My 2nd 6 Week Challenge

Yes I certainly made one friend; after jumping off a 5 meter burning hay stack into a muddle lake and swimming round pushing a log, I got out to find I had a fish in my bra! Was so stunned I had to stop the nearest girl to me and share. She and I did the next couple of obstacles together after that bonding moment :)

LOL!!! Yeah that would be a moment to remember.

Art I love your pics, esp. the one of you covered from head to toe. So fun!! I have a friend in Orlando that wants me to do the color run with her - might check it out.

Level 2 human airbender / adventurerSTR 2.9 | DEX 4 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3.7 | CHA 3

Challenge 1 | Challenge 2

WOW, I'm glad I didn't end up with a fish in my underpants!!  I ended up running along with a tough lady wearing a dress and sash for what looked to be a beauty pageant!!  See the photo below: 

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/553436_10151264814957790_467878066_n.jpg

I am somewhere in the water behind her.  She never quit moving!

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

HOLY COW!!! Bet that was a wiggly surprise!!! You GO girl!!!!!! You're a tougher woman than I am!!!

Level 1 Centaur Scout / Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Accountability Spreadsheet   Current challenge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

~Earl Nightingale

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines