Becoming the Shadow

lrgart

Weekly mileage:12

Body weight workout: super-set x 3 Pullups to failure, followed by 140# lat pull to failure, handstand push-ups (against wall) to failure, plank row with 60# in each hand to failure x 3, ab-work using 8inch step stools as parallel bars, sit ups with 35# in each hand held to ceiling throughout movement. 

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Challenge 1, Challenge 2 Shadows Fall Mojo Log

Run for those who want to and cannot.

My pull ups vary from 7-10 the first set, then 5-ish the next 2.  I am hoping to get to 20 for the first set though, so sometimes I add ankle weights but that seriously drops the count!  The superset definitely kills off all remaining energy in the lats and grip.  My handstand push ups are fun and run 15-ish per set, but I want to be able to do some without the wall, so that is going to be my focus.  I like the handstand progression here: http://anthonymychal.com/2012/04/how-to-become-a-handstand-beast/

It definitely helps that work space includes all the tools i need to stay on track, so there really is no excuse for me not to be doing something daily  (except for pesky charting...)

I was very excited to hear about your sunset!  You deserve some awesome in your life :)  The dress is good motivation to stay on track and the potatoes sound delicious!

Your sister is an animal, and Mo is keeping up.  They are quite the team, even doing workouts when not at home!  The next time you guys get together there are going to be lots of stares coming your way-boys will be drooling on themselves and forgetting they speak English!

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Great sloppy goodness encountered today!  Aimless and the dogs and I went exploring :)  If anyone is familiar with Castlewood State Park, there is a great trail - River scene trail - that has quad/calf burning hills, lookouts along the bluffs overlooking the Meramec river, and some smooth flat fast sections to it.

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Weekly mileage was poor: only 3 miles. 

Had to bump the weight lifting to 3 days this week.

Tuesday: Upper body-pullups w/ankle weights and pull downs, plank rows, seated rows, delt raises, biceps, triceps.

Wednesday:  Lower abs, core work, handstand baseline training (hollow body drills).

Friday was a double:

Lunch: machine weights for legs.

Evening: complex training with heavy strength followed by plyometrics using the same muscles. Wall-based moutain climbers, depth jumps, lateral

box jumps, bulgarian squats, Single arm KB cleans, straight leg deadlift, Broad jump burpees are just brutal (see above video) and forearm

rope work to finish off the grip.  Gait abnormalities induced through fatigue!

Plan to hit running goals next week and add a yoga session to increase length to shredded legs.

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Challenge completed with moderate success:

Weekly mileage is the hardest for me to get done and varied from 3-12 miles with work/family responsibilities.  I have no trouble getting the weight lifting/body weight drills done since I work at an awesome clinic and have all the tools I need waiting for me at lunch break.  Mileage will have to be set at the same level as this one the next challenge period.

I only went to the store 2x during the 6 week challenge, so less money out of the budget with better meal planning.  (Also means fewer instances of getting less than ideal food to power my body!)

I have been gathering a list of names to go Mudding with.

So, my points will be awarded as follows:

Minotaur Assassin:

Stre 4 +1

Dex 2 +1

Sta 4 +1

Con 4

Wis 0 +1

Cha 1 +1

Goals:

Weekly mileage: 15 miles of trails and street. 

On street at playgrounds:To failure: pullups, static jumps over park bench, tricep dips, inverted pushups.

On trails:  Run length of downed trees, jump over boulders and down ledges when possible. Work on foot speed

and placement.

Diet goals:  Prepare lunches prior to leaving for work (Tuesday - Friday).

2 days strength training:  Box jumps/leg press, pull-ups/lat pull, plank row/seated row, Deadlift/HS curls, moutain climber

scissors, plank cycle.

St. Louis Tough Mudder September 2013               

Minotaur Assassin

Level 3:

STR 5.5

DEX 3

STA 6

CON 4

WIS 1

CHA 2

Good job, babe!!!! The other problem is that when running with ME, I slow you down a bunch.... just not ready for the miles you are capable of!!

I think you rocked it!

Level 1 Centaur Scout / Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Accountability Spreadsheet   Current challenge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

~Earl Nightingale

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines