• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Robert

Robert: Second verse, same as the first

Hey Robert!!  Have you drawn anything recently?  You've had a couple of days now.... :)  Hope the rest of your "detox" is going well, too!

Thanks!

I drew a little yesterday (while playing with my neice) and a little the day before that.  Not as much as I'd like, but the point is really to just get in the habit of putting pencil to paper every day, so it counts.

The detox is hard, and I'm a little nauseous.  I don't know if that's because of withdrawal or just because I'm eating SO much of the same foods.  I can only eat so much boiled cabbage before I start to feel a little sick!  Other than that it's fine.  I have lots of cravings, but I've stuck to it so far.  

Tomorrow I'm loosening up the diet some, so that should improve a bit.  I'm adding chicken back in, and golden/red delicious apples, and a few other things.  I can't really make it too varied until I am sure I've stopped having symptoms, though, and since I only get migraines once a week or so, I definitely have to stay on the strict part for at least that long.

Though if I do get a few migraines while I'm on the strict diet, that means it's not food-related and I can add most things back in immediately... But not alcohol, candy, and cake!  ;)

Oh!  And I'm stretching and doing my exercises.  So, on track so far!

Walking is hard at the moment, because it has been COLD out this week, but I've supplemented that with other exercises and it's supposed to get warmer tomorrow.  

Yummm... I love lamb. It's so satisfying to go on a big shopping trip like that and come home with so many healthy goodies! Way to stock your fridge up!

What are stool scoots?

Still on track for stretching and doing my exercises!  I've drawn about every other day, so that's not bad...

I stopped doing the diet because I was feeling really nauseous nonstop and it wasn't helping my symptoms anyway.  So, I probably don't have any significant food intolerances...  Now I just have to eat the rest of the food I bought!  Still not eating candy and cake, or drinking though!  

Yummm... I love lamb. It's so satisfying to go on a big shopping trip like that and come home with so many healthy goodies! Way to stock your fridge up!

What are stool scoots?

Basically you pull yourself around the room while sitting on a stool.  http://www.livestrong.com/article/490189-what-are-stool-scoot-exercises/

It's apparently done a lot in rehab, for working the hamstrings.

Still on track for stretching and doing my exercises!  I've drawn about every other day, so that's not bad...

I stopped doing the diet because I was feeling really nauseous nonstop and it wasn't helping my symptoms anyway.  So, I probably don't have any significant food intolerances...  Now I just have to eat the rest of the food I bought!  Still not eating candy and cake, or drinking though!  

Nice!

It was a good idea to experiment and see what happened- now you know more about our body! And it's great you still aren't ingesting all the yucky stuff :)

Well, the good news is, it's not food intolerance.  The bad news?  Well, you still have to figure out what it is... but you get to do that whilst eating pizza, so....win? :)  Good job keeping away from the cake, candies, and alcohol, even though you went back on other things.  Did you notice any change in the way things taste now that you've been off them for a while?

January's over, so I have a graphical summary!  Nerd alert!

X axes are the days of the month.

weightJanuary.png

Mild weight loss, that's fine, whatever.  As long as the trendline is going in the right direction!  I only sparsely sample my weight, which is why there are large gaps in measurements.  The two vertical lines are when I started and ended the lamb-and-pears diet.  So that was clearly impacting my weight faster than is healthy (I dropped like 4 lbs in 5 days).  The thin dashed lines are the maximum and minimum weights to be in the "normal weight range" for someone my height.  The darker dashed line is my eventual years-from-now ultimate goal weight (just below my ideal weight).

PTlegexercisesJanuary.png

These are most of the leg exercises my physical therapists assigned me (back when I was doing physical therapy), though I'm using much bigger ankle weights than they had me using.  The important thing about this graph is that I'm doing the exercises (and getting better with them).  I'm starting to do them fewer times a week now, as I change my workout routine to include more body parts than just my legs.

leg2jan.png

Quad strength...  Increasing!

leg3Jan.png

I'm only tracking "flights of stairs" so that I can tell how many flights I can go up in a day without injuring myself.  Answer?  Two.

Hamstring strength (measured in number of stool scoots)...Increasing!

pecsJan.png

The real improvement here is that I'm starting to try one-armed pushups (though I'm doing this with my hand at table-height, and eventually I'll work up to real ones).

upperbackjan.png

I added these to my routine half-way through the month, and I'm already seeing some progress.

coreJan.png

And I can do more crunches and longer bridges!

Also, I met my bonus goal of doing 30 consecutive crunches (and have done so a bunch of times now!)

Nice!

It was a good idea to experiment and see what happened- now you know more about our body! And it's great you still aren't ingesting all the yucky stuff :)

Yep!

Well, the good news is, it's not food intolerance.  The bad news?  Well, you still have to figure out what it is... but you get to do that whilst eating pizza, so....win? :)  Good job keeping away from the cake, candies, and alcohol, even though you went back on other things.  Did you notice any change in the way things taste now that you've been off them for a while?

No, I don't think I was away from things long enough to change the flavor.  I think I had quit soda for like three months before it started tasting weird.  Quitting stuff for a week isn't really that long (heck, I could go that long without eating pizza if I went on vacation to somewhere that I didn't go to a pizzeria, or if I bought too much other stuff at the grocery store for the week).  But yeah, being able to eat most things is definitely a perk.  Now I don't have to make people feel weird when I go to their houses for dinner!  :)

No cake, sugar, alcohol? Thats awesome. How are you doing with your other goals?

14 days to go until the challenge ends... lets do this!

Also... if you get a chance join us during the mini-challenge. The Druids need your help!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/23952-mini-challenge-2-the-romans-are-here/

Things are going good!

Yay, a mini-challenge!  Thanks for the heads-up...  I'm definitely joining in!  I kept looking for one, but I expected it to show up on a big bar at the top of the webpage alerting me to it.  That's what happened last time...  What is the right way to check if one is starting?

*contented sigh*  I love me some graphs.  Nicely done.  And you have made some pretty solid improvements, which is sweet.

For the challenges....Personally I think the best way is just to hit your guild main page...they start a new thread for each mini-challenge, and with only one page, a new thread is pretty obvious :)

Thanks!

Still doing good...  I think I'm going to end up with Bs or B+s in everything, but I can still push for A-s!

I think doing 3 sets of 30 sec wall sits is hurting my knees (not badly, but still...).  So...  Either I need to cut down on them and/or not try to push past that amount for a number of weeks.

Sundays are normally a rest day for me, but I wanted to add some deltoid exercises to my weekly routine and I didn't get around to them yet...  So today might be a good day to add them!  

Impressive graphs! Looks like we are in a similar place with our weight.... I am now also close to the upper limit for normal weight for my height. I am working towards moving to the middle of the range... hopefully loosing fat and gaining some muscle.

To check for mini-challenges, check the Druid are for our guild mini-challenges. If a cross-guild mini-challenge is organised, it may show up as a banner, but it will for sure be posted in our Druid area... because we will be recruiting.

Oh and if you get a chance, join our 3rd mini challenge:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/24145-mini-challenge-3-conquering-the-village/

Hope you have a great final week for this challenge! :D

Nope, didn't finish strong.

It turns out that on the 10th (when I said the longer wall sits were hurting my knees) I hurt my knees.

They still hurt, and I'm still trying to recover from it.

Hate these knees!

Also, whenever my knees start to hurt badly, my mood crashes, and I stop doing a lot of other things too.  :(  

1. C: Do hamstring stretches most days [DEX + 1]

2. B: Do 75% or more of my scheduled workouts, and/or fail to adjust for injuries once or twice [sTR + 1 DEX + 1 STA + 2]

3.  C: More than two lapses a week

4.  B: Draw (or paint) 3x or 4x/week average [WIS + 1]