Pookie... a lazy housecat finding her Khajiit again.

Pookie

So, I used to weigh 323lbs. Yes really.

I got myself down to 140lbs to hit a certain BMI to get skin surgery on the NHS, after the recovery from that knocking me for 10, and moving 350miles away from family.. I'm back up to 185lbs according to the scale today.

So my goals for this challenge are:

Start Weight 185lbs 

1: Start back swimming 3x a week. (Over did this and aimed too high and got burnt out before)

2: Track my food daily including weekends, including foods I shouldn't have eaten.

3: Walk for the sake of walking 3x a week (I miss living by the sea where walking was better!)

4: My Life Goal is organise the BIG things for my wedding, hall and caterer need sorted ASAP.

This is my first challenge and I'm new to this site, I would appreciate kindly directional pointing if I have made mistakes with this and any advice with regards to working the site would be accepted gratefully as well.

My points will be assigned:

1: Stamina 3 Strength 2

2: Wisdom 3 

3: Constitution 3 Stamina 2

4: Wisdom 2

So, have I done this right?

Khajiit Level 4 Adventurer

Strength: 10 Dexterity: 4.7 Stamina: 5.8

Constitution: 9.9 Wisdom: 18.4 Charisma: 8.9

June 3rd - July 14th -  4th 6 Week Challenge

Just chiming in to say I love your topic title!

Yes, your goals sound fantastic. Remember that any effort is rewarded, so if, for example, you miss a day tracking your food, all is not lost! Just do it again the next day. Or if you miss a walk, just do it the next day. Setbacks will happen and if you keep that in mind, you can be mentally prepared to keep sharpening your claws and grooming your coat to become the deadly, cunning Khajiit you are destined to become!

veritate
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Level 1
Orc Adventurer/Enchantress
STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2
First Challenge: Orc emerges, sets foot on the path for the first time

Current Challenge: Orc Enchantress Ventures Out Once More

With the exercise goals, I think setting for 3x a week gives me way more space than when I burned out, feeling guilty over "meant to go every day" I had going.

I went swimming last night, 1/2 mile in 30 mins and planning to walk this afternoon, I like the tracking your walk into Mordor, wondered would Frodo and friends have walked with the same music soundtrack as me? I bet they would have if they could have! So looking forward, got my MP3 charged and ready to hit the park this afternoon.

Thanks for coming to cheer me on!

We are enoucraged to eat with the children at work where I am at the moment. Today at work? Shepherds Pie and rice pudding... both I love, particularly since I hate cooking lamb for myself, I don't like the smell, so eat it all the time when out, but I turned down BOTH. It wasn't even a fight, it was just a fact I need to not eat at work. Full Stop. 

1 mile walk for the sake of just going for a walk. Sure it maybe doesn't seem a big deal, but since I moved here, I haven't kept up my daily walks, walked to get shopping, run errands etc, but not the walking for the sake of sheer exercise. 

So, start small, re-build my commitment to it. 

Prepped most of dinner while I waited for my cabbage to cook at lunch time, grated the cauliflower to make "rice" and chopped onions, which incidently is a good idea, allowing chopped onion to sit a while allows the healthy properties to fully develop. 

I got myself a cute Apatite and Blue Lace Agate chip bracelet to wear as a visual reminder to myself, and while I'm not overboard on the healing properties of crystals, I do believe they can strengthen the resolve and feelings you have. And a reminder right on your wrist that you are meant to be following a plan is handy! 

Goals looking good so far.

We are enoucraged to eat with the children at work where I am at the moment. Today at work? Shepherds Pie and rice pudding... both I love, particularly since I hate cooking lamb for myself, I don't like the smell, so eat it all the time when out, but I turned down BOTH. It wasn't even a fight, it was just a fact I need to not eat at work. Full Stop. 

1 mile walk for the sake of just going for a walk. Sure it maybe doesn't seem a big deal, but since I moved here, I haven't kept up my daily walks, walked to get shopping, run errands etc, but not the walking for the sake of sheer exercise. 
So, start small, re-build my commitment to it. 

Prepped most of dinner while I waited for my cabbage to cook at lunch time, grated the cauliflower to make "rice" and chopped onions, which incidently is a good idea, allowing chopped onion to sit a while allows the healthy properties to fully develop. 

I got myself a cute Apatite and Blue Lace Agate chip bracelet to wear as a visual reminder to myself, and while I'm not overboard on the healing properties of crystals, I do believe they can strengthen the resolve and feelings you have. And a reminder right on your wrist that you are meant to be following a plan is handy! 

Goals looking good so far.

Oooh!  This Orc definitely approves of sparkly gems!!

Starting small and building a base for your walking lifestyle is a good idea. Pushing yourself too far too fast is a recipe for destruction. One step at a time. Just like Optimus Prime! (Hey, that rhymes... and so does that!) A mile in a day seems like a definite accomplishment.

My aim is to actually buy some real food for my pantry and fridge, since I haven't really gone grocery shopping since the whole CHRISTMAS TIME BUY ALL THE CANDY trip I made a couple weeks ago. Well done on the cauliflower and cabbage and such!

I've often thought of walking with Sam & Frodo but never about what their playlist might be. Now you've sparked my imagination.

veritate
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Level 1

:) yes I like my sparkles as well, Khajiit like shiny things!

I did the replacing the junk shop last week and bagged up all the left over chocolate to go in lunch box for my fiance.

So today...got my 2nd walk in of the 3 for the week 

Went swimming for 30 mins for the 2nd of 3 for the week.

I'm not far into my walk in Mordor, frankly I can still see my Hobbit Hole, but it is amusing to me even if I didn't manage 18 miles on my first day, well without second breakfasts who on earth can expect that!!

I love that you're a Khajit! I've been on a major skyrim binge lately, haha. :P 

Your goals look great! I find food tracking is really useful - the minute I get lazy about it I tend to slip up massively. And swimming and walking are lovely forms of exercise - I love exercise that's natural and lets you use your whole body.  :) And goodness, wedding planning sounds fun and daunting!

HERANJE

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 3.5 DEX 4 STA 4 CON 7 WIS 5.5 CHA 5

Daily Progress Log

Real-Life RP: Storified Quest to Free My Inner Wood Elf

I just got Hearthfire, Dragonborn and Dawnguard add-on for Christmas, so back adding a daft number of hours... building a house  :numbness: *laughs*

My fiancé is currently playing though Oblivion.

Today? No junk at work, realised I forgot to even eat my almonds yesterday with lunch, so will have them later with super tasty blood orange from our organic delivery box.

Not walking today, planning a much longer walk to a park we haven't explored half of yet at the weekend to be my 3/3 of walking goal.

Hopefully swimming if we get there before pool closes early, if buses are kind to fiance getting home or not, else final 3/3 will be at weekend.

Tracked my food everyday since last Sunday.

Called and spoke to caterer, chef is on holiday after christmas stuff, so will speak soon... need to guest list before this.

I love that you're a Khajit! I've been on a major skyrim binge lately, haha. :tongue:

Skyrim "binge" is the best way to put it. Cause once you start, whoo boy...

veritate
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Level 1

well got the most hidious stitch ever halfway through swimming, but had swum 1/4 of a mile and I consider the fact I went and did as much as I could, my 3/3 of swimming for the week.

Spent the rest of the evening wincing in pain and yelling at discovering a new bug in Skyrim! Joy!

So I'm on track for the swimming, one walk to go, but my big challenge is staying on track at weekends, they are a lot harder.

I'm just picturing you yelling at Skyrim. LOL

*highfives* for 3/3 swimming!

As for the weekend; get your walk in first thing in the morning. Then nothing can take it away from you and you can just strut your bad kitty self around town like the badass Khajiit you are!

veritate
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Level 1

I LOOOOOVE weddings!

I am typing this while watching "Say Yes to the Dress".  Best of luck!

BTW- have you checked out OffBeat Bride?  If you're geeky/nerdy/gamer/punk/goth/steampunk/not-mainstream, it's a fab resource for wedding planning.

Anthropomorphic Eccentric Party-loving Pink Pony RANGER!

LEVEL 1

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Follow my journey here on NF and here on my blog

I LOOOOOVE weddings!

I am typing this while watching "Say Yes to the Dress".  Best of luck!

BTW- have you checked out OffBeat Bride?  If you're geeky/nerdy/gamer/punk/goth/steampunk/not-mainstream, it's a fab resource for wedding planning.

I love Offbeat bride! Got a few ideas from there already! Our wedding is pretty offbeat, and I'm walking in to the theme from Skyrim, our invites are the room warning signs from Portal 2, having a cake thats not a lie, walking out to the song from the end of The Breakfast Club, book table decorations and our buffet is childrens party food themed, and my future sister in law is playing songs on her harp, classically re-arranging songs like from Live, VAST and Apop.

Woo, congratulations! That's great. :) Weekends are definitely the most challenging for food cheats - I like to substitute sweets with fruit and eat carrot sticks with hummus so I can still feel like I'm snacking a bit. And it's so satisfying to know you've resisted temptation!

HERANJE

Daily Progress Log

Summary Week One

1: Swam 3x this week = Goal Achieved

2: Tracked everything I ate, including the Christmas cake I just cheated on = Goal Achieved

3: Walked 3x this week = Goal Achieved.

3/3 goals achieved for the week!! 

Weight: 181 pounds

Weight lost: 4 pounds.

I think that's pretty excellent going!

(Do I leave this update here, or update my first post on the thread?)

I think just leave it there? But maybe make a "progress" section in your first post if you want? *also a newbie, probably not reliable*

More importantly, CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome progress - 3/3 and 4 pounds are both really impressive. :D And well done for tracking your cheat! I know the temptation to think "if I don't put it in it doesn't count..." :P

HERANJE

Daily Progress Log

Way to go! You're off to a great start! Always feels good to get those pesky phonecalls out of the way, eh? I always procrastinate on those kinds of things until I feel sick, and then when I finally do it, it's such a relief!

I too have trouble with the weekends. But I really like veritate's suggestion to get some activity in first thing.. then you have incentive to stay on track so as not to counter the progress you already made that day.

Good luck with week 2 :D

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines