2 weeks. 1,000 pushups.

In honor of Steve's NF post today, I am issuing a challenge to all fellow Rebels to complete at least 1,000 good form pushups in these last two weeks of the Challenge. I'd like to see this as more of a group challenge than a head-to-head one. That is, everyone working towards individually achieving 1,000+ pushups rather than a race for who can do the most, though of course, said person will have praise heaped upon them. :)

In that spirit, all levels of pushuppers are welcome. Can you only do wall pushups at this point? Great, now go do 1,000 of them. Knee pushups? Ditto. Plyometrics? Well, let's just say that if you can do 1,000 plyometric pushups in the next 14 days, I will essentially bow down to you as a god.

If you're with me, join in with a post giving your start date and the kind of pushups you'll likely be doing (not that you can't mix them up). If you've been doing pushups since Sunday or yesterday, feel free to make that the start of your two week period. Or, as I'm starting this a little late, rebels can join in as late as tomorrow and go for a full two weeks from then. We'll do a final reckoning of everyone's totals on Thursday, March 3rd.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

Start date: Monday, February 14th.

Pushups style: Vanilla, though I reserve the right to throw in something wacky if I'm feeling it :)

2/15 total: 125

Today's total: 300

Aaaaaaand now I have pain where my right arm meets my shoulder meets my chest. Damn it all to hell. Doesn't my body know it needs to CONFORM TO MY GOALS? Gah.

- Dead Like Me

Alright, since it's just the two of us, I'm going to do each update as a new post, 'cause why not.

Current total: 560

Managed to do 200 over the course of Saturday, shoulder pain be damned. :P Now i just need to make sure I clear at least 600, maybe 650 by the end of today...

How's it going for you?

- Dead Like Me

Crap when's the last day of the challenge? I want to do this :D

Technically by early next week at the latest, but I'm gonna go a little rogue here and say just join in, pick a date, and give yourself two weeks from then. Write an initial post with your start date and your current count, and feel free to update as much as you'd like. There's only really three of us, so I'm not worried about flooding the thread. :)

- Dead Like Me

Yeeeaaaahhh....I got wiped out by some nasty sinus problems this weekend. Kinda hard to work out when breathing is a struggle, so I figured it best to recuperate first. Doubt I'm gonna get the full 1000 in 2 weeks, but we'll see how close I get. Managed to get up to 246 so far.

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear it, but glad that you are starting to feel better. Keep it up, though! 500 is totally within reach.

- Dead Like Me

Success! I managed to get in my 1,000 pushups, but just barely. I had to do 200 yesterday to reach the goal and just couldn't do anymore.

Spacecoyote, how did you make out?

Joe, how is your challenge going?

- Dead Like Me

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines