Forge yourself into a weapon! Fear's Journey pt. 2

Fear

Miska, I think you owe it to yourself to get in a little PK time ;)

So last update for the night - Great dinner with stir fry mushrooms, broccoli and steak (noticing a pattern here?) ;) 

102 oz of water consumed today, which is HUGE for me! (I have never been a big water guy until NF, now I'm starting to drink the stuff like crazy...funny how that works...

Since tonight was my night off from the 300 workout to let my upper body rest, I went ahead and bought Zombies Run! and went out and did Mission 1 for an hour, walking and running 2 miles total.  That doesn't sound like a lot, but frankly, I am NOT a runner with the exception of PK, but I found this a TON of fun!  I also turned on Zombie Chases which was a blast, because of the burst speed necessary to survive, much like the burst necessary in PK! 

This app helped me to enjoy running, which I thought would never happen...who knew? :D

With all sincerity, thank you to all of you who are supporting me currently, who have given support on the last challenge, and who are in the trenches on their own challenges serving as inspirations!  Also thanks to all who recommended this app! You were 100% right!

Keep on rocking folks!  I'm grabbing a shower and heading to bed!  A round of support in the morning and another great day ahead! 

G'night NF!

- Fear

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

Fear you're doing awesome!!!!!

Brave that you turn on Zombie chases, I never dared.

But yeah the app kicks butt, have fun with it!!! I should get back into it, I'm on 16 or so... maybe even 14...

Water? I literally drink water 99% of the time. At lunch at work I take in 250 ml of milk, but that's it.

Sometimes at home I drink tea, but mostly just water.

And if you do that for awhile... well let's just say I'll grab water over most anything.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Fear you're doing awesome!!!!!

Brave that you turn on Zombie chases, I never dared.

But yeah the app kicks butt, have fun with it!!! I should get back into it, I'm on 16 or so... maybe even 14...

Water? I literally drink water 99% of the time. At lunch at work I take in 250 ml of milk, but that's it.

Sometimes at home I drink tea, but mostly just water.

And if you do that for awhile... well let's just say I'll grab water over most anything.

Thanks Kibcy! So far so good! :)

The Zombie chases aren't that bad (they don't happen that often) but when they do, you have to pick up your pace for a while.  Thankfully my subdivision is full of hills, so when one of those kicks on it seems like I was always heading downhill already and picking up the pace made it even more fun.  I forgot to mention that it was raining while I ran, so I felt like I had a hoodie of +1 feeling bad ass on while running from zombies in the rain. lol!

Yeah, I'm starting to go straight water a vast majority of the time and really trying to increase my intake drastically.  It's really helping with the recovery, mental acuity, etc.

Thanks for stopping in and making sure I get the support!  I REALLY appreciate it!

Wow!  Way to start with a bang.  Rooting for your acceptance, that would be the opportunity of a lifetime:)

Thanks Croman!  We shall see! I'm certainly looking forward to it and am in full agreement that it's an incredibly unique and awesome opportunity!

- Fear

Today was AWESOME! 

Got an email today and I'm set for 6PM on Monday to be interviewed and evaluated! Cannot wait!

WOOT!

Home to workout now! :)

- Fear

I said F it and did the workout at the gym across the way from where I work (literally about 100 yards from the front door)... ;)

First time I've been in there in a while.  It was...interesting.  One of the cashiers who logged me in during my check-in commented on my weight loss (she hasn't seen me since before challenge 1 started).  It was nice to get some positive feedback that I was looking better from someone other then my wife.  I still have a long way to go in my mind, but certainly made me even more pumped to work out! 

Here's the stats:

25 pull ups

50 deadlifts at 135lbs

15 pushups (my arms are always jelly after the DLs)

32 jumps at 24"!!! (WOOT for increases! These felt GOOD!)

20 floor wipers

50 single arm cleans with the 36 lb kettlebells

10 pullups

Then 45 minutes of kata, punching, and kicks!  I can definitely tell the parkour and box jumps are helping.  My spinning roundhouse actually has a much better ascent and spin to it then before!  :)  And...I'm DRENCHED!

Ate tons of healthy paleo food and feeling great today!

Practiced Mandarin during lunch with my friend, Lily.  So far so good. :)

Hope you are all doing well!  3 days in and feeling good!

- Fear

You should actually see if you can join bushido. That would be so cool!

@zackaryirlbeck - Bushido is pretty awesome, agreed.  I've wanted to do real legitimate kung-fu for years.  Not gonna lie, I want to learn Drunken Gump - or drunken boxing as most call it...I love the deceptive maneuvers and how non-threatening you look and then... "BAM!"

Thanks for posting in my thread!  I couldn't find your challenge thread! I know you're new here (read your intro post).  It's never to late to get in on a challenge!  :)

- Fear

Good going Fear!!! You kicked out an awesome workout!!!

Maybe I should try those Zombie chases now that I can maybe run again. I do these missions walking... so I really need a "faster" way when the zombies are chasing me.

And no problem on the support :D that's what you signed up for after all :D

Spoiler

Hey Kibcy! :) It's going VERY well!

I walked about 6 miles yesterday in a convention center!  Took my son to see a train expo.  (He's 2 and they had a Thomas the Tank Engine he could ride on...and Thomas is his favorite...so yeah, he was THRILLED!)  Small hint, they don't like you doing parkour inside the expo center, LOL.  The security guard about had his head explode when I showed my wife and my daughter that I could vault the turnstyle for the ticket! :D  I, of course, paid and went in, but it was priceless to see his face!  A shame my wife didn't get a picture of him...Cest' la vie.

After that, went to dinner and then out for drinks and appetizers/desserts with some current and some new friends.  It was great! :)

After drinks and bar hopping once, we ended up coming home and I practiced quad movement and rolling inside (it was close to 1am in the morning and it was raining like crazy last night, so the ground is just mush).  Then I learned a new song on the guitar (Too close by Alex Clare...one of my favorites...http://www.youtube.com/embed/zP50Ewh31E4 By the time I was done getting that down where it sounded good and I could sing with it, it was 3am and then I went to bed.

And here I am 6 hours later... ;)  Spartan workout sometime today.  Daughter's got a basketball game and we all have church today.  Other then that, my website goes live in 8 days.  www.thebinaryloop.com  

It's a blog about tech, photography, video game design, etc. So busy busy! ;D

Thanks for checking in Kibcy! :D

- Fear

AWESOME! hahaha too bad you didn't get that picture. Must've been an awesome face :D

Good to hear you had fun :D

Spoiler

Fear, buddy, pal... any chance you plan on youtubing a guitar cover of Too Close?  It does happen to be my favorite bass heavy song ever!  Hehee

I'm glad to see you've been doing well.  I look forward to checking out your website next week. =D

Halfling; Samurai Assassin, Level 2

Challenge Number Three: Reboot

"Runners see the city in a different way. We see the flow... The flow is what keeps us running, keeps us alive."

ZOMBIES!!

Hey Fear, I'm usually around in the mornings and not at all in the evenings.

So I'm checking up with you right now and will probably read your update tomorrow :)

Just keep going great, as you have continuously done!

Spoiler

AWESOME! hahaha too bad you didn't get that picture. Must've been an awesome face :D

Good to hear you had fun :D

Thanks Kibcy!  It was nice to get out and spend time with the family and friends over the weekend!  And yeah, I'll try and have her have the camera ready next time... :D

Yeesh.  You have time to breathe somewhere in there? ;)

Haha!  Occasionally.  I will say there is PLENTY of breathing done during and after the 300 workout as I'm laying in a puddle of sweat on the floor with my chest heaving... ;)

Fear, buddy, pal... any chance you plan on youtubing a guitar cover of Too Close?  It does happen to be my favorite bass heavy song ever!  Hehee

I'm glad to see you've been doing well.  I look forward to checking out your website next week. =D

Otaku - There's a VERY good chance of that happening actually.  I keep trying to get the nerve up to do it, but I feel like I'm just going to get ripped apart by comments.  I've been playing guitar off and on for 10 years, so I'm not NEARLY as good as I should be.  We'll see.  Perhaps I can do an acoustic version of it and have my buddy play his didgeridoo for the dub-step feel? LOL! Give me a few days... ;)

Thanks for the kind words and for saying you'll check out the website!  I'm psyched about it!

start off the week with the same drive that you have had since the start :D

oh and I will definitely check out the website. When does it go active again?

Thanks Miska!  It goes live on the 20th!

Here's the update!

I've been ACCEPTED to learn Kung-Fu!!!!!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Excited doesn't even begin to sum up how awesome this is and how great I feel right now!

It was an in-depth interview on why I wanted to join the school, how committed I was, making sure that I could balance the studies with life requirements and work requirements, and a physical test to see if I was conditioned enough to take it on. (This was actually the easiest part thanks to the conditioning I've been doing!)

The Sifu is a REALLY nice guy and the SiHing that I met was really nice as well!  Awesome people and KUNG FU!!!!

On top of that, I've been cranking out the workouts, matching the last one on the 300 workout and running today about the same distance.  I'll be hitting the 300 workout again tomorrow and looking for gains!  Thanks for all the support everyone!  This is going to be one hell of a journey! Thank you all for sharing it with me!

And yeah, I'll be learning over 30 weapons, acupuncture, etc. on top of the martial art itself!  WOOT!  Today = WINNING!

Much Love NF!  More to follow soon!  Also, continuing with Mandarin and Parkour/kip up training.  AWESOME!

- Fear

Here's the update!

I've been ACCEPTED to learn Kung-Fu!!!!!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Excited doesn't even begin to sum up how awesome this is and how great I feel right now!

It was an in-depth interview on why I wanted to join the school, how committed I was, making sure that I could balance the studies with life requirements and work requirements, and a physical test to see if I was conditioned enough to take it on. (This was actually the easiest part thanks to the conditioning I've been doing!)

The Sifu is a REALLY nice guy and the SiHing that I met was really nice as well!  Awesome people and KUNG FU!!!!

On top of that, I've been cranking out the workouts, matching the last one on the 300 workout and running today about the same distance.  I'll be hitting the 300 workout again tomorrow and looking for gains!  Thanks for all the support everyone!  This is going to be one hell of a journey! Thank you all for sharing it with me!

And yeah, I'll be learning over 30 weapons, acupuncture, etc. on top of the martial art itself!  WOOT!  Today = WINNING!

Much Love NF!  More to follow soon!  Also, continuing with Mandarin and Parkour/kip up training.  AWESOME!

- Fear

YESSSSSS!!! Way to go! You rock! I'm so excited for you. That is so crazy!

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

WOOOOOO AWESOME!!! CONGRATS FEAR!!!!!

I'm sure you're gonna rock at it!!!