Forge yourself into a weapon! Fear's Journey pt. 2

Fear

And yeah, I'll be learning over 30 weapons, acupuncture, etc. on top of the martial art itself!  WOOT!  Today = WINNING!

DUDE. That's ridiculously awesome!! Congratulations!! It sounds like it's gonna be a blast.

And props on the 300 workout. Keep bangin' that out you crazy ninja!

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

YESSSSSS!!! Way to go! You rock! I'm so excited for you. That is so crazy!

@ Happienumber - :D  Thank you SO much!  I'm still in shock!  You're really inspiring me with your progress, especially your violin stuff.  You and Nuala have me in awe! :)

WOOOOOO AWESOME!!! CONGRATS FEAR!!!!!

I'm sure you're gonna rock at it!!!

@ Kibcy - Thank you!!!!  I'm going to give it my all!

That is amazing!! im not gunna lie im a little jealous haha

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures in kung-fu.

@ Miska - I know, right?!  I look forward to sharing more as I go! :)

Wow! Congrats, Fear!  How badass is that?!  Keep us posted on the amazing things you learn. =D

Thanks Otaku!!!! I can't believe it. I'm still in shock...  I will definitely be sharing my experiences as I go. 

DUDE. That's ridiculously awesome!! Congratulations!! It sounds like it's gonna be a blast.

And props on the 300 workout. Keep bangin' that out you crazy ninja!

Thanks Warwolf!!!  I'm really looking forward to it!  Yeah, that 300 workout is a beast! 

Thank you all for your well wishes and congratulations!  It's going to be an awesome adventure!

- Michael

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

I'm in awe! I've done parts of the 300 workout but I haven't had the guts to give it a go through yet... Also SO COOL about geting accepted!! That will be completely awesome! You rock!

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Hey Fear! I was hoping to read another awesome update :D

(that's what you get for signing up for daily support ;))

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Damn! What a workout! I know those dead lifts killed your hammies lol. But damn! What a workout! And definitely good luck with the interview, Fear, I can't imagine you NOT getting in, so, yea :)

I woulda had trouble getting up for Parkour after all that myself, so don't feel bad bro. Always listen to your body and you will become the embodiment of fear itself!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Congratulations!  Your acceptance by this organization is a once in a lifetime opportunity, this is so excellently remarkable!  I hope it works out to be everything you want it to be.

Does this school have a name that you can share, or would that be violating OPSEC?

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

I know, I know, I'm late to the party. It's been one HELL of a week! First, let's catch up a bit.

I'm in awe! I've done parts of the 300 workout but I haven't had the guts to give it a go through yet... Also SO COOL about geting accepted!! That will be completely awesome! You rock!

BWE - First of all, great combination of names. :)   The 300 workout is absolutely BRUTAL.  No question about it.  There has been sweat, blood, and tears already and I'm sure there will be plenty more.  Thank you for the well wishes!  I'm incredibly excited!  Kind of you to say I rock, I'm very appreciative of the awesome opportunity placed before me! 

Hey Fear! I was hoping to read another awesome update :D

(that's what you get for signing up for daily support ;))

Haha! Kibcy, I'd better late then never! ;)

Damn! What a workout! I know those dead lifts killed your hammies lol. But damn! What a workout! And definitely good luck with the interview, Fear, I can't imagine you NOT getting in, so, yea :)

I woulda had trouble getting up for Parkour after all that myself, so don't feel bad bro. Always listen to your body and you will become the embodiment of fear itself!

Wolf

Deadlifts = OMGMYHAMSTRINGS! lol!  Wolf, that's kind of you to say, but believe me I certainly didn't think I was up to snuff enough to get in.  Love the embodiment of fear itself! :D

Congratulations!  Your acceptance by this organization is a once in a lifetime opportunity, this is so excellently remarkable!  I hope it works out to be everything you want it to be.

Does this school have a name that you can share, or would that be violating OPSEC?

Thankfully no violation of OPSEC on this one Croman. Thanks for looking out for me though! ;)

Shaolin Lohan Pai is the name of the school.  I am both honored and humbled by the opportunity.

More to follow VERY shortly! :)

Knock knock Fear!! :D How's it going??

:D   Wonderfully dear!  Thank you for stopping in as I requested and making sure I'm doing well! <3

Seconded (or thirded?) on Kung fu training updates! I can't wait to hear how your training is going!

It's going VERY well.  More below!

First off, I have an email address @shaolinkungfu.org.  Freaking amazing! LOL! :D

Training starts on Feb. 1, but that doesn't mean I'm sitting back and not working my butt off now...

I've been cranking out the 300 workout and working on the kip up and parkour.  I'm just about to the point where I don't quite dread the awesome ass-kicking that I take every time I do this workout and end up laying on the floor in a puddle of sweat, gasping for air.... It's getting, dare I say it, easier....ever so slightly... I'll put stats up later tonight or tomorrow.  I can definitively say that I OWN the 24" box jump - clear it with no problem and can pretty much crank em out without stopping now!

Parkour - Ended up having to improvise this.  The last few days have been crazy - I had a deadline moved up without any input on me and had to push a set of systems to production a week earlier then I had planned for... Thankfully, I always work ahead of schedule! ;):D  Since I was at work for 2 days straight, going home only to shower, change, and grab about 4 hours of sleep, I ended up doing parkour in my parking garage at 2am for about an hour to burn off some stress.  Let me tell you what - until you've vaulted through giant holes in concrete walls and then done the hood slide across the hood of a car and then vaulted through another giant concrete hole - you're missing out!!!!  My team looked at me like I was nuts...and then...they followed RIGHT BEHIND ME!  They quickly learned that it's not as easy as it looks but ended up asking me to teach them how to do some basics!

Insert awesome team-building parking lot parkour session here for about another hour...

Deployment was quick, but we have to guarantee up-time after deployment and then hand it over to regular support shifts....so yeah, long days.  I did pull-ups on door frames, push ups with my feet on my desk chair, floor cleaners with an old server...it's been interesting to say the least.  ;)

Now to the Kung Fu - I've been practicing the Kip up for about an hour a day.  I'm getting better with going diagonally and pushing off with my hands at the same time to support.  I'm hopeful that I'll start to get my feet underneath me by next week and start trying to land this thing. - Optimistic, but we set our own limits, so I'll get there, just got to keep pushing.

I've started learning basic form and doing a TON of stretching and flexibility exercises.  I'm really working on building pliability and flexibility so I don't injure myself trying something new...lol.

What little bit I've found to chew on from the internet has given me the feeling of being thrown into the deep end.  Thank God I've got water wings (my younger years in karate) to feel more comfortable about not drowning.

My diet has suffered this week - not all paleo - due to the "hey, go live now!" stuff, but not much I could do about it.  I DID experience a legitimate sugar high for the first time in years, so that was quite awesome!  (I was bouncing around like crazy! LOL!)

Anyways, prepping a server for a training session next week, so I'd better get back to it. 

Much love NF!  I promise to keep a more steady update, work doesn't normally get this crazy.... (the amount of crazy in my day to day is substantial...I feel I manage it pretty well, even if most would freak...) ;)

- Fear

@ Wolverine - Seeing that made me feel like this...

Ninja_c_96630.jpg

I'm just hopeful I don't run across a test like this:

ninja-training_o_205983.jpg

:D

In all seriousness, thank you sir!  It means a lot! :)

Parkour - Ended up having to improvise this.  The last few days have been crazy - I had a deadline moved up without any input on me and had to push a set of systems to production a week earlier then I had planned for... Thankfully, I always work ahead of schedule! ;):D  Since I was at work for 2 days straight, going home only to shower, change, and grab about 4 hours of sleep, I ended up doing parkour in my parking garage at 2am for about an hour to burn off some stress.  Let me tell you what - until you've vaulted through giant holes in concrete walls and then done the hood slide across the hood of a car and then vaulted through another giant concrete hole - you're missing out!!!!  My team looked at me like I was nuts...and then...they followed RIGHT BEHIND ME!  They quickly learned that it's not as easy as it looks but ended up asking me to teach them how to do some basics!

That's brilliant improvisation! + team building, which is always a WIN!  :playful:

You are amazing. That is all. 

....and all that, on four hours of sleep?!  :blink:

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Hey Fear!! I love your improvisation workout!!! Great job!!!

I can imagine work getting crazy at time. Good job of powering through.

Keep on going, you're awesome!!!

(I was ill yesterday, so sorry for skipping out :))

Spoiler

That's brilliant improvisation! + team building, which is always a WIN!  :playful:

You are amazing. That is all. 

....and all that, on four hours of sleep?!  :blink:

@ HappieNumber - Love me some teambuilding!  Ever heard of a children's book named Zoom? Such a cool team building activity you can do with it! :)   You're incredibly sweet and it warms my heart to read that you think I'm amazing.  I'm just a normal guy trying to make a big difference, both in myself and the world around me. ;)

And yeah, I don't sleep much to begin with - usually 4-6 hours a night. 

Fear, you're an absolute inspiration. seriously, I don't know how you do it all, man.

@ Otaku - My friend, that's incredibly kind of you!  It brought a smile to my face, so thank you!  I'm a firm believer in that you only get one chance at experiencing a moment, so you might as well seize it, as it likely won't ever happen again.  I've done some incredibly dumb stuff and some incredibly awesome stuff, but thankfully, I regret very little of it. Either way, it's your life, so live it! Y'know? ;):D  And as I said before...I don't sleep much.

Hey Fear!! I love your improvisation workout!!! Great job!!!

I can imagine work getting crazy at time. Good job of powering through.

Keep on going, you're awesome!!!

(I was ill yesterday, so sorry for skipping out :))

No need to apologize to me dear Kibcy!  Thank you for all of your support! :)  Work's not crazy this week, but my own work is CRAZY.  More on that below.  Thanks for saying I'm awesome!  It means a TON, especially from you! :D

I'm with everyone else...you're blowing my mind on a daily basis!  Keep it up, you're being a real-life super hero:)

Croman, this made me grin from ear to ear!  Not sure I've ever been called a real-life super hero before! I'm glad that I can be of some inspiration!  :)

Now the update!

HOLY CARP! (yes, I misspelled that on purpose...even if I haven't had the time to throw support out there as I want to, I'm still reading the forums via the emails I'm getting from threads I'm subscribed to....mwahaha!) ;)

What a couple of days!  Work's been non-stop training for 12 hour days and my son has been sick, so the wife, daughter, and I have been busy! 

(Here's the only sales pitch I'm going to do - I'm not on here to advertise, so I'm only saying it once.)

On the 20th my website went live - www.thebinaryloop.com - to over 800+ unique visitors the first day!  We're working hard to get content out every day on something we find interesting!  If you get the chance, please check it out!  I would sincerely appreciate it! (You can also follow us on Twitter @thebinaryloop and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thebinaryloop.) We're also giving away a free copy of the PC game FTL: Faster Than Light at the bottom of our review of the game, with many more contests and giveaways to come!

The website going live has kept me UBER busy and I've been writing and promoting every spare second I can get, along with the editing, networking, etc.  I've been squeezing in workouts after work at home or before work at home. The 300 workout is coming along well and my stamina is increasing.  It's definitely not easy (don't think it ever will be) but at least it's coming along.  I still die in a pool of sweat at the end of every one of them, but at least it's a valiant effort.  :D

Kung Fu starts Feb 1.  I'm psyched!  My kip up is still out of reach - can't quite get my feet under me in time.  I'll get there, just gotta keep trying.

Anyone who has it down got any tips for me?  I think my angle is good, just not getting enough push off my arms, perhaps?  Think I may need to break out the video cam and figure out where I'm struggling.

I haven't been eating very cleanly and I've suffered accordingly - when I stop eating paleo, I instantly gain weight and feel like crap.  :(  Thankfully after a few days, I forced myself to eat clean and drink nothing but water again.  It's too easy to fall into old habits when the stress levels rise.  Having a great support system helps tremendously! :)

Keep up the hard work guys!  I'm putting my bucket list together soon for the year! Can't wait to share it with you guys! :)

Livin' the dream!

- Fear

FEAR!!! -cling-

I so get the "falling into old habits"... I've been struggling with that... especially now that I haven't exercise for like 4 days D: It's a nice rest, but I miss it too. But it's getting harder to try again... boo.

Anyway, yeah I'm gonna check out your website and see what the fuzz is about :)

Keep it up!

Spoiler

@ HappieNumber - Love me some teambuilding!  Ever heard of a children's book named Zoom? Such a cool team building activity you can do with it! :)   You're incredibly sweet and it warms my heart to read that you think I'm amazing.  I'm just a normal guy trying to make a big difference, both in myself and the world around me. ;)

And yeah, I don't sleep much to begin with - usually 4-6 hours a night. 

@ Otaku - My friend, that's incredibly kind of you!  It brought a smile to my face, so thank you!  I'm a firm believer in that you only get one chance at experiencing a moment, so you might as well seize it, as it likely won't ever happen again.  I've done some incredibly dumb stuff and some incredibly awesome stuff, but thankfully, I regret very little of it. Either way, it's your life, so live it! Y'know? ;):D  And as I said before...I don't sleep much.

No need to apologize to me dear Kibcy!  Thank you for all of your support! :)  Work's not crazy this week, but my own work is CRAZY.  More on that below.  Thanks for saying I'm awesome!  It means a TON, especially from you! :D

Croman, this made me grin from ear to ear!  Not sure I've ever been called a real-life super hero before! I'm glad that I can be of some inspiration!  :)

Now the update!

HOLY CARP! (yes, I misspelled that on purpose...even if I haven't had the time to throw support out there as I want to, I'm still reading the forums via the emails I'm getting from threads I'm subscribed to....mwahaha!) ;)

What a couple of days!  Work's been non-stop training for 12 hour days and my son has been sick, so the wife, daughter, and I have been busy! 

(Here's the only sales pitch I'm going to do - I'm not on here to advertise, so I'm only saying it once.)

On the 20th my website went live - http://www.thebinaryloop.com/'>www.thebinaryloop.com - to over 800+ unique visitors the first day!  We're working hard to get content out every day on something we find interesting!  If you get the chance, please check it out!  I would sincerely appreciate it! (You can also follow us on Twitter @thebinaryloop and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/thebinaryloop'>www.facebook.com/thebinaryloop.) We're also giving away a free copy of the PC game FTL: Faster Than Light at the bottom of our review of the game, with many more contests and giveaways to come!

The website going live has kept me UBER busy and I've been writing and promoting every spare second I can get, along with the editing, networking, etc.  I've been squeezing in workouts after work at home or before work at home. The 300 workout is coming along well and my stamina is increasing.  It's definitely not easy (don't think it ever will be) but at least it's coming along.  I still die in a pool of sweat at the end of every one of them, but at least it's a valiant effort.  :D

Kung Fu starts Feb 1.  I'm psyched!  My kip up is still out of reach - can't quite get my feet under me in time.  I'll get there, just gotta keep trying.

Anyone who has it down got any tips for me?  I think my angle is good, just not getting enough push off my arms, perhaps?  Think I may need to break out the video cam and figure out where I'm struggling.

I haven't been eating very cleanly and I've suffered accordingly - when I stop eating paleo, I instantly gain weight and feel like crap.  :(  Thankfully after a few days, I forced myself to eat clean and drink nothing but water again.  It's too easy to fall into old habits when the stress levels rise.  Having a great support system helps tremendously! :)

Keep up the hard work guys!  I'm putting my bucket list together soon for the year! Can't wait to share it with you guys! :)

Livin' the dream!

- Fear

Who writes the book zoom? I looked it up but found a lot of versions.

12 hours days, plus workouts and family time? Holy mackerel! I was over checking out the website, it's very neat!

I second the idea of videotaping your kip up. I take TONS of form check videos and they are über helpful!

Keep being awesome!

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines