Hello everyone :) I'm Victoria (or Vicki if you prefer; I don't mind either) from New Hampshire; I'll be 27 in a few weeks, I'm married with an almost seven-year-old son, and I'm a college student who cashiers on the weekends, while partaking in far too many hobbies in between. I'm just a plain old liberal arts student at my local community college right now, but I'm planning to transfer to UMass Lowell next year to pursue a degree in applied mathematics (For math nerds: yup, that's where the "torus" in the username came from. To be honest, I'm nowhere near studying topography yet, I just think that they look cool.) When I'm transferred, I'm hoping to apply for an undergrad research position as well, in what would be my biggest level-up yet.

Speaking of which, I stumbled on this site some time ago and have been lurking for some time, since the idea of "leveling up in life" seemed personally meaningful. I joined the Army right out of high school, then ended up getting out after having my son, and watched my physical and mental health slide from there. I'll spare the details for now, and just say that I hit rock bottom around December 2007. Since then, I feel like I've been climbing out of that pit in mind and spirit, which I am very proud of; however, I also feel like my body is trailing twenty feet behind mind and spirit wheezing "Wait up, you jerks!" Last summer, I began cleaning up my dieat and was finally able to lose about 20-ish pounds (moving down from a lifetime high of 246, yikes!)- unfortunately, college keeps supplying me with tasty goodness, lots of sitting down, and heaps of stress, and I was barely able to maintain my weight, let alone lose any more. So, with the new semester looming, I figured it was time to come out of lurking; I made my account this morning, took a nice walk, and am now figuring out a points system for the first 6-week challenge (hooray for that Wednesday deadline, phew.) My husband has been talking about getting healthier, so I'll see if he wants to do this with me; that would be pretty sweet!

So, now for the fitness side of things... I'm 5'8", with a medium-to-large build; with this in mind, a) my race is likely just good old human, and B) I've got an overall goal weight of 155, which means I've got about 70 pounds to go. I am somewhat strong, but plump and a little bit awkward; I've been doing the Beginner's Bodyweight Workout on and off during my lurking time, but can still only kind of do two circuits of it, and I think I need to lose 10-20 more pounds before I try too much running. Ranger, Assassin, Monk, and Druid all seem like appealing paths to take in the future, but for now I am fine sticking with Adventurer; I've been wanting to get back into hiking, so perhaps walking to Mordor could be another long-term goal. We'll see... in the meantime, nice to meet you all, and I hope I haven't rambled too much.

Level Two Human Adventurer, roaming central New England in search of wild derivatives

STR 3.5  DEX 5.25  STA 3.5  CON 4  WIS 5.25  CHA 4

"You know how some people consider 'may you have an interesting life' to be a curse?... @#%& those people. Wanna have an adventure?" -xkcd

First challenge thread here! :)

Thank you for the greeting! I've got my thread set up there now, so we'll see how this goes :) I'm enjoying the "badass vibe" around here very much.

Level Two Human Adventurer, roaming central New England in search of wild derivatives

STR 3.5  DEX 5.25  STA 3.5  CON 4  WIS 5.25  CHA 4

"You know how some people consider 'may you have an interesting life' to be a curse?... @#%& those people. Wanna have an adventure?" -xkcd

First challenge thread here! :)