Any Cosplayers? :D

I've always wanted to cosplay but my dream costume (which I've found piece by piece and saved and look at longingly) stacks up to 1.5k+ (leather armor is spensiiiiiiiive)- how did you guys get into it and was your first costume something you always wanted to do or did you settle for something a little lower before attempting a 'dream' piece? 

Yeah,I settled for something a little lower the first time when I was breaking into the whole cosplay thing. Went as Horo from Spice and Wolf. :D 

• Like 2

♣ Quilly ♣

Level 2 Gryphon Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

Challenges: 1

Log

"If you cannot find Paradise,make your own."

I've decided to push many of my cosplay ideas to the side for now, because I was inspired by Marvel's announcement about the new Thor! 

tumblr_n8xcmiOqLf1r0x04do2_r1_1280.jpg

Needless to say, I've made this my new cosplay goal.... I've already started working on a helmet prototype, that I'll probably use for Halloween, but will remake for a con.

• Like 4

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

dude, Lady Thor would be such a dope costume!

I think I'd love to do that eventually.

I love dressing up! I've had tons of costume parties and I've done quite a bit of cosplay in the past. I have a few cosplay a I am really proud off. ^_^

I think after losing some weight I could do even more costumes and feel really confident rocking them. :)

post-31541-0-80485100-1409068709_thumb.jpost-31541-0-64458400-1409068682_thumb.j

Here's a couple of outfits I did a few years ago.

• Like 3

LEVEL 2 | HALF DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 1

dude, Lady Thor would be such a dope costume!

I think I'd love to do that eventually.

I love dressing up! I've had tons of costume parties and I've done quite a bit of cosplay in the past. I have a few cosplay a I am really proud off. ^_^

I think after losing some weight I could do even more costumes and feel really confident rocking them. :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Here's a couple of outfits I did a few years ago.

I didn't notice your username - new avatar? Awesome outfits - did you make it all yourself?

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

Haha yes Lishvicious, I switched my avatar for part of a new little challenge.

And thanks so much for the compliments guys! ^_^ I sewed and crafted everything for my displays so I'm really proud of them.

Oh and Red_queen! Maybe I will be around for Pax Prime next year and we could do some costumes? Think about it. ;)

• Like 1

LEVEL 2 | HALF DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 1

I would love to start doing cosplay. I started working on a steampunk gun that I'm making out of a nerd gun. I have a lot of ideas for dressing up. In particular I would love to cosplay Ms. Marvel. I've also thought about Black Widow. 

Black Widow is perhaps my favorite female character of all time.  Though I admit I'm a little saddened by the Thor switch.  Not because of any gender bias or what have you.  I just don't like seeing decades of comics and at least 2 feature films thrown out the window.   I also hate Disney for shredding the Star Wars EU.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I just read a thing on reddit about a girl who is trying to get marvel to make a black widow movie. I would definitely see it! 

Best of luck to her!  I've been saying they need to do a Black Widow/Hawkeye Origin movie for like 3 years now.  Sadly, even if they do make one, they probably won't follow Black Widow's original storyline (basically, she's the Russian version of Captain America).  

As for Disney and Star Wars, I'm hopeful but not optimistic.  They've demonstrated a distinct No Effs Given attitude towards the fans, which does not bode well.  

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I am new to cosplaying and am attempting to make a costume completely on my own. I am going to cosplay Vivi Ornitier from Final Fantasy 9! I don't have much done yet, unfortunately, just the base of the hat and the pants.

I was never a big FF fan, so I had to look that character up.  My first thought was "It's a funky Jawa!"  I like it.  Should be a fun cosplay. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I was never a big FF fan, so I had to look that character up.  My first thought was "It's a funky Jawa!"  I like it.  Should be a fun cosplay. 

I have not played very many of them, but I loved FF9, and Vivi was my favorite character, so I am really looking forward to it! Also, I didn't know what a Jawa was, and I looked it up, and he really is kind of like a funky looking one! That gave me a good laugh!

• Like 1

Level 1 - Hobbit - Adventurer

Though I admit I'm a little saddened by the Thor switch.  Not because of any gender bias or what have you.  I just don't like seeing decades of comics and at least 2 feature films thrown out the window.   I also hate Disney for shredding the Star Wars EU.  

With Thor, it's really not the man that decides Thor it's Mjolnir that decides who has the power of Thor. I also look at it as a "redemption" for Thor.  He was found unworthy of the power and must regain that worthyness back, 2 years tops and Thor will be a dude again. I also don't think it'll effect any up coming Thor movies.  Also, for awhile in the comics, Tony Stark wasn't Iron Man but Rhodes was.  

As for Disney shredding starwars...couldn't care less.  I always thought star wars sucked hella bad so if it died, I wouldn't shed a tear.  Of course now sw people can enjoy how the superior species, Trekkies, feel w/ that JJTrek!!!

• Like 2

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Wow, so many of you are cosplaying! That's so awesome! :D

I like to dress up as a character, I also love to make costumes. I'm not an experienced sewer, I always pick projects that are doable so I barely have a chance to mess up. There is one festival I go to each year that has many cosplayers, I dress up as a character at least one day out of the three days the festival is going on.

This year, my costume was Avatar The Last Airbender inspired, I was dressed as a waterbender (specifically Katara) and I was waterbending with my poi with blue fabric pieces on them. I felt kind of awesome.

I'm still working on a Sally dress, from The Nightmare Before Christmas. That's hard, with all the scrap fabric and the long red hair... Still, I am determined to finish (and then wear) it one day.

:frog:

With Thor, it's really not the man that decides Thor it's Mjolnir that decides who has the power of Thor. I also look at it as a "redemption" for Thor.  He was found unworthy of the power and must regain that worthyness back, 2 years tops and Thor will be a dude again. I also don't think it'll effect any up coming Thor movies.  Also, for awhile in the comics, Tony Stark wasn't Iron Man but Rhodes was.  

As for Disney shredding starwars...couldn't care less.  I always thought star wars sucked hella bad so if it died, I wouldn't shed a tear.  Of course now sw people can enjoy how the superior species, Trekkies, feel w/ that JJTrek!!!

Good points about Thor.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  

As for Star Wars vs Star Trek, I'm not even going to go there.  Wouldn't want to embarrass you.   :D  (but seriously, that's a conversation for another thread)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I also hate Disney for shredding the Star Wars EU.  

Lucas did it first, so it is hard to expect better out of Disney. I don't see Episode VII as being any worse than Episode I or II...

• Like 1

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Characters I've cosplayed as:

Fem!10, Doctor Who

(Fem!/Original) Vislor Turlough, Doctor Who

Inspector Koichi Zenigata, Lupin III

Not sure who to go for next but I will when I see him/her. I'm still kind of new to this and I get anything I need on the cheap as much as possible. I don't do much sewing unless there's something I can modify the shape of, such as the collar of a shirt, or put a trim or embroider something on. I do an excellent backstitch. :pride:

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Lucas did it first, so it is hard to expect better out of Disney. I don't see Episode VII as being any worse than Episode I or II...

You've got a point there.  Though the difference is, Lucas only added little bits to the films, whereas Disney just scrapped decades worth of material.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™