Hello, fellow NF rebels! I'm a Level 1 Assassin, a woman from the Wild Elven race http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Elves,_Wild_(Race) w/ 4 Wisdom, 3 Constitution, 2 Charisma, 3 Dexterity, 2 Strength, 1 Stamina.

Nerd-type(s): Bookworm! Math! Science! Learning! Introverted! Nature lover!

Brief background: I was a major tomboy growing up till I got mononucleosis during 7th & 8th grades and could only eat and sleep. Put on some weight then, have fluctuated slightly around that weight since but have never been fit since then. I lost conditioning and agility and strength then and haven't done anything consistently to get it back. 

My fitness goal (the kind of vague version): I want my body to do anything I ask it to like a boss: climb a tree, jump off something taller than me, run a few miles if necessary, do pullups.

Current impediments to fitness goal: I looooooooove pasta. Love it. Also, some physical injuries: recurring shin splints and a slight lower back injury/weakness. SAD & dysthymia, treated.

Lifestyle: A vagabond by choice, I travel like mad - though not over any great distances, or even outside of state lines. Don't be too impressed! This year I'm traveling w/in the confines of an area which is 2 1/2 hrs' travel (by car) long and an hour's travel wide. (The assigned area changes every year or so.) The point is, I'm in a different bed every 3 or 4 nights. Weird, I know, but that's the way it is, and I hope I get to do it for the rest of my life. Since I don't have my own home, I'm not buying my own groceries and I can't go through the homes I'm staying in and throw out the tempting, but really gross, junk.

The long and short of it is this: my fitness lifestyle has to fit into my vagabond lifestyle, not the other way around. (Can we say Bodyweight Beginner circuits? Love 'em!) Nutrition-wise; no, I can't control a lot of the 'what', but the 'how much'? yeah, I choose that.

I'm not going to be posting huge weight drops. I don't have much to lose. I don't like the way my lower body looks, no, but what I desperately want is to be fitter, stronger, and faster regardless of my appearance. The looks will happen, if I'm true to the lifestyle. The month or so I did the Beginner's Bodyweight Workout this fall made a definite difference in my balance and strength. And I felt like I was working hard. I can't get that feeling just doing fast walks - which I love, b/c they get me outside. 

I think that's plenty for now. I'm looking forward to the accountability and camaraderie in the NF community. I hope to e-meet many of you and do my part to encourage you to do your own leveling up.

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Hello there! I too am overcoming some injuries and such to get back into the fitness I was as a teenager!

Also, awesome on your vagabond lifestyle! I think you can definitely find a way to get your vagabond lifestyleand your fitness goals to coincide.

So welcome to the rebellion.

GhostGirl, level 1 Gnome assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3

"Defeat, my defeat, my deathless courage, you and I shall laugh together with the storm, and together we shall dig graves for all that die in us, and we shall stand in the sun with a will, and we shall be dangerous." - Khalil Gibran

Thanks, GhostGirl! It's good to be here.

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Thanks, jofalltrades! :) And so do I.

Welcome to the rebellion. I'm in a similar goal boat as you, not much weight to lose but I want my body to be able to do what I want it to (which is survive whatever is thrown at it). Like the sound of the vagabond lifestyle, wish I could do something similar but I set down ties already :) Do you couchsurf, rotate with friends/family or is it a different set up altogether?

Cannot wait to see more of you around the forums!

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%
Welcome to the rebellion. I'm in a similar goal boat as you, not much weight to lose but I want my body to be able to do what I want it to (which is survive whatever is thrown at it). Like the sound of the vagabond lifestyle, wish I could do something similar but I set down ties already :) Do you couchsurf, rotate with friends/family or is it a different set up altogether?

Cannot wait to see more of you around the forums!

Thanks, M! (I PMed you earlier to reply but I thought the big blank space after your kind comment looked awfully rude!)

I stay w/friends for 2-3 nights at a time. I'm basically a non-profit travelling minister: we're assigned in pairs, and we live w/folks who practice the same faith and have invited us to share their homes. Lots of road time, lots of good (tasty-good, always; healthy-good, most of the time) meals, lots of good experiences. :) Thanks for asking! 

Your vagabond ways do sound very cool. It must be a challenge to keep fit when you're always someplace new, so good on you for making that an important part of your life!

You can understand why I like bodyweight workouts so much! Dumbbells don't work for living out of what you can fit in the trunk. I broke down and bought a set of Bodylastics resistance bands though. They're smaller, packable, lightweight.

It's also why sleep hygiene is pretty important to me- the factors I can control, anyway.