Mitten 2

joeyb

Welcome back!  I missed the meetup you made it to.  Stupid work stuff.  You should come.  There will be club swinging and homebrews and cards against humanity and stuff!

Yeah, I'm planning to! Homebrews are always a great reason to do anything.

What's up with the club swinging, though? Is it golf related or more just like "Mitten Meetup Crew Smash!"? Sounds interesting either way.

What doesn't kill me makes me smarter.

Oh, clubs are fun!  They have a tradition in India and Persia/Iran that dates back to the 1200s or so.  Before I joined a gym and fell in love with deadlifts, they were my primary workout.  I have neglected them for a while, but I have been adding them back to my challenges recently.

My favorite clubs are in the traditional Persian style.  I have a co-worker from Iran that saw a picture of me with them, and he was pretty surprised that I knew anything about them and actually knew how to do the traditional swing.

Well initially I was thinking post-dinner, but now I'm thinking that it might be better to start earlier - maybe 3-4ish and people can drop in and leave as fits their schedule. I'm asking people to bring something they know they can eat (I don't know if people are eating paleo or primal or whatever) and then I think I will make/buy some sort of main dish.

That being said - will people eat pizza? That would be easiest for me :P

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I might not be able to show up at the beginning if people are starting at 3, but if people don't mind others showing up later, yeah, sounds good to me. I was expecting 5/6pm and so that's probably when I'd show up.

Sounds good to me :) Not sure what Fink's schedule is going to be; they might be leaving the baby with someone so I don't know if that means they can stay later?

Well, kebabs are meat and veggies.  Pizza has a crust of wheat.  Pretty different, as far as I can tell.  Lol!

Dude I know right???

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thanks for the redirect to this forum spot. My wife and I are in the Dearborn area. We are looking for ppl to work out wirh, and hang out with.

Nick

Lvl 2 Dwarven Warrier

(STR) - 3 (DEX) - 2 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 2 (WIS) - 2 (CHA) - 2

"Ride to meet your fate.Your destiny awaits" Amon Amarth "Twilight of the Thunder God"

Cool, well, say something when you know. I'm pretty much available all weekend, pretty sure. Let's keep it open for at least a small get-together possibility. Whoever makes it makes it.

Also for people wondering, we're talking about Bill's Beer Garden in Ann Arbor. It's at 218 S. Ashley Street, and the only time it's open this month is April 5-7 from 5-11pm.

What doesn't kill me makes me smarter.

Hey, I am just getting in on this...

Seems there are a lot of nerds in Michigan.  I am in northern Indiana (like 7 miles from Michigan), so it's probably just as close to meet up with some of you as it is to meet up with fellow Indiana nerds. 

Anyway,  if there is a Lansing meeting in the future, thats only about 2 hours from me. :)

I know you are talking about Ann Arbor this weekend... unfortunately I have plans.  :(

I will keep posted for the next meet up after this.  :)

Level 2 Satyress adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 7|CHA 6

First Challenge:  Disney Song Playlist (April 15th, 2013)

Second Challenge:  Better late than never (June 6, 2013)

"All great changes are preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra

I work this weekend, but am freen next weeked and some evenings. I will keep checking here for info.

Nick

Lvl 2 Dwarven Warrier

"Ride to meet your fate.Your destiny awaits" Amon Amarth "Twilight of the Thunder God"

I wish I could do this week, but like i said I have to work. Def interested on futer get togethers.

Nick

Lvl 2 Dwarven Warrier