CeeCee's Adventures in Fearlessness. (Challenge take two.)

CeeCee

1/19:

First Parkour Class today at 4:30

Found already made viral tracking spreadsheet from sambie via nightlight.  Almost finished updating it.

Later that same evening:

Oooooo class was fun!  This was wall week.  So learned how to popup onto a wall that's about armpit high, how to jump off same wall and how to roll. Monday I'm going to ropes and silks to start learning how to climb a rope.   This is a VERY nifty place and the folks are nice.  And there is a metro - which will make the commute longer, but will give me time to read.

I am excited!

Half-elf Assassin, lvl 2St: 5, Dex: 3, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 3, Char: 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Battle Log: Up-Down, Up-Down, Repeat as Necessary

Burpee Backlog: 10

Good luck experimenting with your food :) Maybe some raw veggies might be an idea?

Woohoo, good to hear you had such a fun time with parkour!!

Well done CeeCee, keep going. I think you're doing great.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I really like how you're able to take all these classes, good going!! :)

And take your rest when you need it ;)

Spoiler

Thanks.  All the classes are at the same place.  So taking more makes each cost less (so to speak).  Plus they are fun.  And the people taking them are fun.

Since my schedule is rather uneven, I decided I just need to take classes when I can (days off) and sleep when I can (days on).  If I get out early enough I'll try to throw some yoga in after my shifts just to wind down and limber up.  Trying to get things organized so I can do some sort of MWF thing didn't work out at all in 2012.  So I'm throwing it to the wind and I'll see how I feel doing it this way.  Waiting for the perfect timing was just leaving me fat and sad.

Bombed on the paleo thing this morning.  I really really really wanted oatmeal (my old go to pre running food was oatmeal and raisins.)  So I made some.  Then I chopped up broc and spears so I have them for munching.

Fearlessness.  Yesterday at class was not an example of fearlessness.

In fact - for all my bravado of "just do it" "don't wait for the fear wall to build" etc - for all of this challenge being called "Adventures in Fearlessness" I've been faking it.  It's easy to be fearless when one has a good harness and topnotch safety equipment and a fairly strong belief that an outfit does not want to get sued.  It's even easier to be fearless when what one is afraid of is looking like an imperfect clumsy idiot and you can write it off with "well, at least I'm out here at my age."  Test anxiety notwithstanding it has been a while since I've actually been truly afraid of what I was about to do.

I had kind of forgotten what real fear *feels* like.

The gut tightening.

The lizard brain going "Are You Out Of Your TREE?"

Yesterday, at class, we were working on safety skills.  How to safely fall off a rail.

A 7ft off the ground rail.

Backwards.

It was really just "jump off and slow yourself with your hands on the rail on the way past".

But did I mention it required going Backwards?

Yesterday at class was not an example of fearlessness.

It was an example of being absolutely scared s***less

and jumping anyway.

and jumping anyway.

Love this. I few challenges ago I had a challenge on facing my fears. And I thought that that meant I would suddenly be fearless. But I'm learning that lesson. I Sometimes its doing it anyway, no matter how scared you are.WOOT TO YOU- Congrats for taking the leap fall even when you were scared

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

In fact - for all my bravado of "just do it" "don't wait for the fear wall to build" etc - for all of this challenge being called "Adventures in Fearlessness" I've been faking it.  It's easy to be fearless when one has a good harness and topnotch safety equipment and a fairly strong belief that an outfit does not want to get sued.  It's even easier to be fearless when what one is afraid of is looking like an imperfect clumsy idiot and you can write it off with "well, at least I'm out here at my age."  Test anxiety notwithstanding it has been a while since I've actually been truly afraid of what I was about to do.

I had kind of forgotten what real fear *feels* like.

The gut tightening.

The lizard brain going "Are You Out Of Your TREE?"

Yesterday, at class, we were working on safety skills.  How to safely fall off a rail.

A 7ft off the ground rail.

Backwards.

It was really just "jump off and slow yourself with your hands on the rail on the way past".

But did I mention it required going Backwards?

and jumping anyway.

Fearlessness is a myth anyway.

Courage is being afraid and doing it anyway. And that's exactly what you did!!! AWESOME!

Spoiler

Is the number in your signature still accurate?

We need to catch up together!! I'm currently 138 burpees behind.

Good luck at work!!!

Spoiler

I'm here to remind you about veggies and Wise Words of Steve about broccoli :)

What's up?! Everything still going ok?

Spoiler

Back.  Work and a bout of blahs kind of knocked me off track.  However, I have been going to the gym twice a week.

Did finally try the silks class - my triceps are dead.  I'm looking forward to how I do once I can support my body weight for more than half a second.   Was also introduced to partner acrobatics - just balance and strength.

Diet has been ok but not wonderful.  Probably 65/35 or 70/30. 

However, kitchen is clean (so much easier to cook in a clean kitchen!) Bathroom is almost finished being scrubbed.  Have my new pull up bar so I can practice hanging at least.  And I've been working on my parkour rolls.  I've been good at not hermiting in RL (instead I forgot to visit here!)    Goal for tomorrow AM is to get to the Intro to UrbanFit (crossfit) at the gym so I can go to those classes too.  Means going to gym directly from work.  *That* is going to be a challenge!

Also got a budget board started (not one of my goals for the challenge, but is in the pile of Life goals) and I've started work on my application to the bridge program.

There's been movement.  There's been play.  There's even been burpees.  I just have failed to track them for the last week or so.

Still have one more week of this challenge.  Have to update the burbee deficit - not sure I have that many fingers and toes.

And all in all, I'm doing much better this challenge than I have in the past challenges!  Probably because I remembered you were expecting to hear something from me.

Sorry for the radio silence!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines