Returning to a better body

Hi, I'm secretlobster. 29/F living in Connecticut, originally from Long Island. Here is a list of relevant things about me:

In 2009 I lost about 40lbs, from a size 16 to a size 6. 

My weight loss was attributed 80% to diet (don't we all know this?) and 20% kickboxing/weight lifting.

Last May, I started running for the first time, after years of convincing myself that my knees were too weak, I'd hate it, etc.

In June I ran my first 5k

In September I ran my first triathlon (sprint distance, trail run, and with a hybrid bike)

I've kept the weight off successfully now for more than three years. But over the past few months I've really let myself go and have gained 2-3lbs back. This doesn't seem so bad, but my body composition has been suffering. I used to lift heavy weights and looked pretty good, now I have a puffy bloated body that looks like a "before" picture. I want to start running again and I'm trying to get myself back into a gym. I'd really like to improve my running and my physique overall. I'm just looking for some motivation and inspiration 

Tried Paleo for a few months and it felt great, I can understand the appeal, but I can't do it long-term, I love sandwiches too much. I do, however, love natural food. I'm a big fan of telling people they are being poisoned by their own government. I think the most important information about food is in the ingredients, not the nutrition information.

FUN FACTZZ

I have a degree in IT and I work as a systems administrator

I also sing classical (mostly Baroque) music for a little extra on the side (money that is)

I don't have much time for video games anymore, but I used to love RPGs... That's what drew me to this site

I love to cook, sing, play the piano, run races, read books, go hiking, and get lost in foreign countries

I've been to Iceland, UAE/Dubai, Oman, Turkey, Morocco, Spain, England, Ireland, various other places in Europe, going to England and Sweden later this year

I have a bearded dragon and a chinchilla

Level 1 Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 3 - STA 3 - CON 1 - WIS 4 - CHA 2

Intro

Welcome to the rebellion. We can help with inspiration, but motivation is all from you. We can, however, provide some questions to guide your look inward to find your motivation. Why, therefore, do you want to improve your running and physique?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Why, therefore, do you want to improve your running and physique?

Maybe self-esteem? Why does anyone want to improve their physique?

I feel like for me, races are motivation. They are measurable goals to work toward and they inspire me to keep moving in order to accomplish them. I like to track my improvement and running is one of the easiest activities to track. It's during this season when there aren't any races or competitions (or, very few and far between) that I tend to give myself more slack. I also really want to start a lifting regime again.

I'm not a stranger to fitness and I know how to get moving, I guess I'm just looking for a community of intelligent people to inspire one another :)

Level 1 Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 3 - STA 3 - CON 1 - WIS 4 - CHA 2

Intro

Welcome to the rebellion! I'm really inspired by what you accomplished in a year. I hope you find what you're looking for on here to keep you going.

Padawan Adventurer: Level 23 STR | 2 DEX | 2 STA | 2 CON | 4 WIS | 4 CHACurrent Mission: Preparing for the Trials"I'm the one with enthusiasm. You're the one with experience, which I'm looking forward to learning from." - Ahsoka Tano